Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Safe to play or not   Welcome!

Started 10/17/21 by Tennco (carlyMC); 32468 views.
Tannie2018

10/19/21

I don't believe it's just higher levels. I lost my game at about 108, then again at 22, then again at about 18. I've seen a post of someone who just started playing, and they asked why do they keep losing their game at level 8. So it appears to be random. Although, it does seem to be associated with a lag, so I have started to close game with any indication of a lag no matter how slight. It also seems to be associated with opening the gift tab.

Mara1022

10/20/21

I agree with Tannie2018.  I was at level 100 when it happened to me.  I didn't start playing again until BFG did a restoration of my stuff.  It's still not completely restored, but I'm working with both BFG and EG.  In the meantime, I'm playing the game because though BFG replaced lost coins, diamonds, eggs, etc., they were unable to adjust the HOS levels so they are all at level 1.  And there are other major details that are being worked on, but I am continuing to play as they work on it.

But every so often I experience a hesitation, hiccup or pause in the game where it just doesn't run real smoothly.  At the first sign of that I close the game and re-launch it.  I'm able to continue playing as normal then.  I pushed it one time and the game just shut down.  But when I opened it, everything was still in place so I had no loss.

Here's what EG told me about the fixing, etc.,

Unfortunately, the problem has not yet been fixed. At the moment we are
actively working on it and will do our best to fix everything in the
next update, which is scheduled to be released closer to Halloween.
It's also really hard to tell whether it will happen again or not. The
guarantee I can definitely give you is, if something happens to your
game, we'll do everything we can to help you again.

As for BigFishGames, you can contact either us or them. However, as far
as I know, BigFishGames has limited tools, which may cause most of your
old progress (such as Achievements and HOS) to be lost.

So I saw that as interesting and wanted to share it with y'all.

ShaSha (Myhashen)

10/20/21

Mara1022
I have been playing for years.  Yesterday, I was on level 107 (taking my time to level up so that I'd have something new most days.)  I was also playing the CC and was on day 10, planning to catch up today.  This morning, my game had gone back to the very beginning as if I never had ever played at all.  Everything is gone.  I wish I'd checked in here yesterday.  I have major surgery scheduled for Monday, October 25h, and I probably won't be able to play until the end of the month.  Should I file a technical issue with BF or wait?

ev

In reply toRe: msg 13
ShaSha (Myhashen)

10/20/21

Forgot to mention, my email address is being changed this week or next, depending on equipment guys, so i also need to change that.  

Mara1022

10/20/21

ShaSha,

I'd file it now.  Take the next couple of days to compile your info.  Include every thing you can think of from your favorite pet to the total number of shards you had.  Send it in and hopefully you'll get a chance to check it before you go into the hospital.  This way too, you'll be able to play while in the hospital if it's going to be a long stay and if you have a laptop.   Just a thought anyway.

I hope your surgery goes well and you have a fast and safe recovery.  I'll keep you in my prayers.

ShaSha (Myhashen)

10/20/21

Thank you.  I'll take your advice.  

Cynbrat1

10/20/21

Took 5 attempts just to log onto the server today. Then game hung up on mail and then when trying to re-gift.

I'm outie until fixed. Level 86. They can keep that crap frame I already earned too. I feel we all should get a free choice of an avatar we don't already have, just for the inconvenience.

Told Dwayne at BF TS that I felt sorry for all TS because Delphi is ON FIRE.

Cynbrat1

10/20/21

File with Big Fish AND Elephant games. At least you will be on record.

1isalone

10/20/21

How does one contact Elephant Games? I completely lost my game today at level 104 but have a screen shot from June when I last played so have some information.

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

10/20/21

If I were you I would contact both Elephant Games and Big Fish Games, you'll find how to contact them here (starting with Msg 14):

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE! [midnightcastle 312.1] (delphiforums.com)