Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Safe to play or not   Welcome!

Started 10/17/21 by Tennco (carlyMC); 32446 views.

Well, please don't misunderstand ---- I sincerely and definitely hope you get your game back, and as soon as possible.

I just don't have the faith in BFG or Elephant you seem to have ---- and I thought I was a fairly patient person, but this is just unacceptable. I know of 3 people who have uninstalled their games with no intent to return. Their attitude is "enough is enough". And, to be honest, I have gotten very used to NOT playing MC.

If it comes back, fine, if not ---- well, it was fun, marvelous, precedent setting, inventive, and a magnificent game for its time ---- but its time may be done. Let's hope this incident propels a fix as well as implementation of new things to bring this game out of its stale, repetitious, ho-hum status.

Crystal;P (12earth45)

12/7/21

I can remember some lock outs from game , but not when.

I think there was one when “friends” option was new, and we could not add new ones? (The ones I randomly chose were horrible! Never gifted back, even though at highest level!smirk_cat)
But I think you could still play 

the other Was a blue ring appeared in your game ( maybe iOS only?) and could not play.  

this current one seems soooooo long. But hope for the bestpray

ZeldaBrarian

12/8/21

Hi all,

I check the forum here for news about the update. I know a lot of folks at high levels have lost games. I’m at level 68 right now and haven’t noticed any big glitches. I play on an iPad. The game gets laggy & crashes sometimes but that could be my crappy wifi as much as game problems, I can’t tell. 

Should I stop playing until there is an update? Will there be a Winter Event? Are most of the game crashes happening to players at triple digit levels? Does device matter re: game crashes/loss?

Im so new to MC (joined last Feb) and really like it. I’d hate to walk away if it looks like the game is going into limbo. I guess I just want reassurance the game will come back and that may not be possible…

Some players at lower levels have had their games bounced down to level 1 with zero inventory, so it isn't necessarily safe for ANYONE to play right now.  

I've played for years...since March of 2014 when the game was maybe 4 months old.  This is the worse 'glitch' I've ever seen in the game. 

I have stopped playing until they release the next update (which has been promised to include a FIX for the problem created somewhere in the update we got in early October).

I truly doubt the game is ending.   Hang in there.

Mara1022

12/9/21

Hi ZeldaBrarian;

Yes, I would strongly recommend you stop playing until they get it fixed.  I had just reached level 100 when mine crashed and burned to level 1.  It started with a few hesitations and slowdowns, then it would freeze up and I'd have to close it from the outside (using Task Manager, signing out of windows and signing back in, or literally turning off and restarting my computer).  Then one time when I signed back in - I was at level 1.  Just knocked me out of my chair.  But I have faith that we WILL be playing again, so I check in each day to see updates here.

I also play on my tablet, as Mara~tablet~.  If it works to be friends between iPad and tablet, feel free to add me when we're running around the Castle again.  wink

• Edited December 9, 2021 5:01 am  by  Mara1022
In reply toRe: msg 125
Lisadengel

12/9/21

IMPORTANT INFO I GOT FROM EG YESTERDAY!!

Hi all, not yelling - just wanted to get your attention, everyone!  

I've been working with a rep named Maria since last Friday at EG, who is helping me a little more than BFG could - specifically restoring my achievements I had lost that I had already accomplished (like that dreaded Night Mode).  In addition, she's restoring avatars and Events items, which BFG couldn't restore. 

Anyway, she said it could take about a week for the restore, and we are about 4 business days since she responded to me regarding the time frame.  She said she would let me know when all had been restored, and she said that if they were in the game restoring items, I can't go in the game at the same time, so I would see an error message.  So those of you who are having some items restored and you get an error message, it likely means that EG is working actively on your game.

Much more importantly - I asked her yesterday if it was safe to play while she restored the achievements and other items and here is what she said:

"There will always be a danger of losing progress until an update is
released. However, many players return to the game and everything goes
smoothly. The main thing you should NOT do is visit the Social menu and
give gifts. Other than that, you should be fine.
If you play until you regain restore, it will not interfere with the
process itself in any way."

So, it seems that it is more a gifting issue than a ridiculously high number of Friends.  As much as I rely on the generosity of my Friends who gift me so many wonderful things, PLEASE stop gifting, everyone, because they may have narrowed it down to that being a major part of the issue, based on what she said.  I'll miss the gifts, but your game stability is WAY too important to risk you losing your game.

There is definitely something going on with the Friends tab because I have to enter and exit up to 4 times to get to my correct number of Friends.  First, it shows 33, then it shows in the 60s, then in the 80s, and finally the correct count (116, I think).  I have frozen while gifting many times so I am definitely heeding her advice.  When it is safe to play again, I will start regifting as much as possible!

The only thing I am doing on a daily basis while I wait for my achievements and items to be restored is going into Trina's to spin the wheel, spin the fortune wheel, and smack the Knights (even though I fully finished those Achievements before I lost the game).  It's tempting to play but it's just not worth it.

Have a happy day!

Lisa

Tammy27 (DoubleMsMom)

12/9/21

Lisadengel said:

There is definitely something going on with the Friends tab because I have to enter and exit up to 4 times to get to my correct number of Friends.  First, it shows 33, then it shows in the 60s, then in the 80s, and finally the correct count (116, I think). 

This is always the case in MC, all friends don't load at one time.

The issue I was having was I could sometimes gift my friends as the pages loaded (sometimes the game would kick me out) but I couldn't wait until all my friends loaded to start to gift. If I waited when I went to my friends page it would be blank and I would get kicked out of the game. I haven't played at all since Oct 5th.

I wish I understood better why the devs are so focused on the number of friends and/or gifting.  I downloaded and began playing the update on October 4.  Didn't gift, didn't open the social tab.  Needed to do something, so I closed out the game (and it closed normally).  When I went back later to open the game, I was greeted with the message there was a problem with my 'save.'  And my game reverted back to Level 1.

To my feeble brain, that has nothing to do with the number of friends or gifting, but something technical within the game not allowing it to save OR a problem with BF servers.

They don't tell us what the problem is because they don't want us to know.

Why, of course they don't want us to know ---- I believe the only reason now for the delay is that the final decision to end the game is still being pondered by someone, somewhere.

Surely we can all agree that if there is not a Christmas Event/Winter Event, the game is done.

bajon

12/12/21

I have been playing for 3 or 4 years on an iPad and have never had any problems. I bought a new one several years ago and no problem getting it on the new one. I do always update my iPad and computers and no glitches. Seems to me from reading this forum everyday most problems are on the computer games. I may be wrong.