Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Safe to play or not   Welcome!

Started 10/17/21 by Tennco (carlyMC); 32467 views.
1isalone

10/20/21

Thanks. I found the information a few minutes before your response so have emailed Elephant Games. I had already filed a report to Big Fish but decided to improve my chances of getting my account almost restored to its former glory. 

Mara1022

10/21/21

1isalone,

I believe it is support@elephant-games.com

Otherwise their sight is https://elephant-games.com/games/midnight-castle/#.YXEBkRrMJPY 

Mara1022

10/21/21

1isalone,

I'm working with both to get my game fully restored.  Be prepared to give as much detail as you can on what you had in your inventory.  From the names of the pets and the eggs to the number of shards you had.  

You'll want to identify what you needed to hatch each egg, so you get extra coins, diamonds, or ?? whatever.  They will be very generous and accept pretty much whatever you tell them.

EG has even told me that if I tell her which Achievements I had, she will return them too.  The only problem you'll run into is that things progress in an interactive format, so things won't be in synch to begin with.  e.g.   I can't make or ask friends for the "Exclusive pet food" because the game doesn't recognize me as having high enough level, even though they restored me (above) my level at the time of the crash.  So I'm waiting for them to give me some food for what pets I have.  lol

Also, all your HOSs' will be at the lowest level (6/6).  If you just sit and do each one over and over to max it, then you may have trouble getting quests done for a while (they won't get all those restored) because  you 'd  have to wait for the HOS to finish it's rest or using diamonds to access it.

I used the Guide in the forum here to recall my pets and eggs, and don't forget your Christmas Cards, and other "event" earned items.  BFG can't do as much as EG can, but they will both be very accommodating.  It will all be worth it in the end.  Good luck.

Mara

1isalone

10/21/21

Thank you for responding. I woke up this morning with a response from Elephant Games. I have realized how big that spreadsheet will be wink. I wonder if anyone compiled a list of avatars, items or achievement names we get in the game? I think some game items could be construed from the Quest list but my copy is from the old BF forum.

I know it will take me some time to compile so it will be worth the work. Thanks for the tips as I have not thought of asking for the extra to create pets. I guess I could go ahead and do the intro where we do the wagon HOS so it will open up to get to a level to play the upcoming Halloween Event.

In reply toRe: msg 25
Tannie2018

10/21/21

I was wondering if people are still losing games. So sorry to all who have lost them. I've lost mine X3 and was really hoping no more, but I guess so long as we play before the event, we run the risk of losing our games.

LvlSlgr

10/21/21

On Oct. 20 PapaDon71 reported that he had lost his game for the second time the day before. The link below will take you to his post.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/4473/108

So it sounds like if we play we're still taking a chance. According to some other posts in the forum Elephant Games will include the "fix" with the next update which will be for the Fall Event sometime near Halloween.

LvlSlgr, I've been reading all the posts of everyone affected by the last Update (including my own game) and I'm very confused.  

I could be wrong, but I view EG's including a fix with the Fall event is a fix for the non-working avatar frames.  I thought they said they would remove the frames and go back to using avatars.  But they didn't say anything about fixing the 'bad save' issue that's caused  so many of our games to revert back to Level 1.

I don't believe those two issues are related.  I think they are two very distinct problems.  Players losing their games has been happening for years, but the game seems to be getting more and more unstable.  And I'm concerned because the devs just say they can't do anything about that.  So every time we open the game, we risk losing it and all the devs can do is reconstruct our game the best they can.

We don't know if it's a 'save' issue within the game's programming or a server issue with BF.  That just seems unacceptable to me.

Honeyphan

10/21/21

I echo Tannie2018's thoughts -

I am so sorry so many of you, so many of my friends, have lost their games! And I hope that all of you get them back or get them restored very soon. It's strange that something like this happened same time last year, (but not to this massive degree), but if I recall correctly many couldn't get the fall update or their games were lost when they tried... (I might have that last part wrong ...)

Honeyphan

10/21/21

I could be wrong, whitebutterfly54 - but I think the update also includes the fix for the game progression - there was a problem with the new content, where players would get to a certain area of gameplay, and lose their games (or maybe it was just a crash and they could log back in?)...

I don't know, because I'm not at that level yet, so didn't run into that specific problem. Only the social area one  - and I think the fix will include making that more stable (I hope).

• Edited October 21, 2021 3:04 pm  by  Honeyphan