Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Earning coins   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started Oct-27 by Lisadengel; 1180 views.
Lisadengel

Oct-27

Hi All, 

I've begun working the puzzles where you collect the pieces through the HOS locations pretty much now just for a plain stamp and then the 5 diamonds each for as many as I can earn.  I try not to bother tempting myself for anything else when 5 diamonds x almost 20 puzzles can add up quite nicely if you win most of those diamonds and cash out then.

Other than getting the 50 coins per puzzle, and the 50 coin rewards from the HOSs plus some for crafting, and/or feeding pets, etc., I've almost never had more than around 20,000 at one time and that's when I sell off a bunch of things so I can open new areas.

I almost never win the coins when you have the daily gift to pick from...Anyone notice any pattern with the boxes and the gifts inside them?

Are there any tricks other than spending real money during a sale to buy gold coins?  It's so frustrating having all the items for a lab but needing 4000 coins and having 100...I've crafted a bunch of the Ancestor's Spirit for the 2K in coins but that uses up the red stamps too quickly.

Any advice?  I saw someone post somewhere that they had over 1.5 million coins!  How is it possible to amass that much without actually making any labs in order to progress through the tasks and the levels?

Hello!

If you're doing a lot of puzzles, you might be interested in a simplified method for putting them together:

https://vimeo.com/manage/videos/282577627

If you're playing on a PC, I can send you some pet eggs or crafted items. You can sell the crafted items or use them instead of using your coins to craft them yourself. Feel free to add me as a friend if you're interested. My ID is 743127.

Happy gaming!

Lisadengel

Oct-30

Brad,

That's GENIUS!

I'm going to add you as a friend now when I enter the game.  Thank you so much!  My ID is 910622.

I would LOVE anything you can spare!  Is there a way to send an egg without putting it up as a general item?  I've been sticking to just having a plain stamp up to build them up but I guess I should put some other items on there as well...

Thanks again!

Lisa

Lisadengel

Oct-30

Hi Brad… We are already friends in the game.

I just put up an egg in my wish list Plus some items I didn’t know I would need for the upcoming holiday events.  Another poster was very kind to let me know about those items.

My name in the game right now is Lisa willgift as much as I can. 

thanks!!!

omg, how funny! Don't worry too much about sending me gifts, I'm doing okay. I'll see what I can do to help you along in your game.  Have fun!

Hi, Lisa - you don't say what level you're on but the best advice I got early on in the game was not to hoard inventory.  Periodically (like whenever I levelled up) I would sell everything under the Items tab. The game will give you everything you need.  Keep your airship items and stamps, though, and only sell crafted items if they bring in more than they cost to craft.

Feed your pets, if you have ones that bring mostly gold and silver chests, and if you're past level 69 the special pets are especially generous.  The seasonal event pets are also worth crafting; they have better odds than most of the regular pets.  

On the early levels, if I got stuck for coins, I'd just stop and 'do the rounds' of HOS.  If you've maxed out all 22 scenes in the Castle, that's 1100 coins per round.  Do that once a day and you've got nearly 8,000 coins in a week and you can move on.  Even now, I never level up during challenges or seasonal events, I just take that time to do the rounds and collect coins and inventory.

Hope this helps.  Everyone has their own style of play - if you like to speed through each level, this won't help much but if you enjoy the game play and aren't in any hurry to get to the end, then take your time and the coins will come to you.

~Catheryne (Consortium)

Lisadengel

Nov-5

Hi Brad, 

Is there a way to PM you???

Lisadengel

Nov-5

Hi there, 

Sorry it took so long to get back to you...I really want to thank you for your help!

Just sent you a message, it should show up in your inbox.  =)