Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

"Download additional content" on iPad   Technical Issues

Started Jan-10 by Graycat274; 669 views.
Graycat274

Jan-10

I keep getting these messages on my iPad. There's no way around it and when it eventually comes back on, I haven't lost anything so it's mostly just a game interrupter and annoying. Sometimes it comes back on quickly and sometimes I have to reboot the game multiple times. It's completely random - once a day or 5 times a day. Any suggestions?

Hermione Hawknesse (30), i2833266

Di (amina046)

Jan-10

Make sure you use the latest software version!

Graycat274

Jan-10

It appears to be the latest version, 1.14.582381. 

Di (amina046)

Jan-10

Your ipad software! Should be 15.2 

Graycat274

Jan-11

We'll shoot, I was hoping you were on to something there but I just checked and my iPad software is updated, 15.2. Dang it! 

Any other suggestions for getting rid of the "...download new content to continue...24mb of space needed..." messages?

AEGram

Jan-13

Some questions....how is your available space? ....Are you using more than 50% of the available storage on the iPad?

Have you cleared your cookies/cache from Safari? .....Since MC comes over the Internet, that would be through Safari....on PC, it will deposit a bunch of temp files in the browser cookies/history. You might go to settings....scroll down to Safari.....then scroll down on the right side until you see the button for clearing cookies/cache.

Then, with all apps closed....do a hard boot of the device....that means holding the power button and the volume buttons at the same time until the message presents asking if you want to shut down.

Leave it off for a couple of minutes and then boot it up.

Try MC and see if that resolves the issue......frankly, I'm not particularly expecting there to be any change, but it's something to try, just in case.

And.....if your storage is over 50%, you might consider offloading some things....clearing out duplicate pictures, cleaning up emails, getting rid of apps you no longer use......

If your iPad has only 64 GB of storage, it might be time to upgrade your device.

Just random thoughts......

In reply toRe: msg 6
Graycat274

Jan-13

OMG Thank you for the suggestions! I have a 6th gen iPad, not sure on the memory storage but I will try ALL these suggestions and get back to you. Thank you so much! I appreciate your time and effort to help me solve this.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Graycat274

Jan-13

Thank you for all your help! I have plenty of space on my iPad, the game is really the only thing on there plus baby Einstein for my granddaughter. I cleared the cashe, shut down for 5 minutes, then rebooted and the have came right up! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Please feel free to friend me so I can sent you a thank you gift in the game.  

Playing as: Hermione Hawknesse, i2833266

• Edited January 14, 2022 7:51 am  by  Graycat274