Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Spring Event info???   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Jun-11 by Lisadengel; 2806 views.
Lisadengel

Jun-11

Hi All, 

Has anyone heard anything at all about a Spring Event?  A while back, a poster (don't remember who) had posted that they had heard from EG (I think) that there would be an event, but just delayed.  I know those castle challenges usually precede the events, but that was a while ago now...

Anyway, anyone have any info???

Lisa/Grizella

Haven't seen anyone post any new info in quite some time. At this point if they aren't going to give us an Event, I wish they would at least open the Spring rooms so that players have the opportunity to get coins and other items. 

Lisadengel

Jun-11

I agree!  I could desperately use those coins as I'm opening up all of these expensive locations now as I'm about to open Atlantis!

AEGram

Jun-13

On April 7, the admins on the Facebook Midnight Castle Closed Group posted that they'd been in contact with the Developers and were told there would definitely be a Spring Event, but it would be delayed a couple of months.

That's the last I've heard from anyone who says the Developers responded to any questions.

However, it's now been 2 months since that post.....so a Spring Event seems more and more unlikely.

I hope it's just an indication that they're trying to relocate and get reestablished. But, all we can do is continue to wait until someone somewhere notices there's a download/update for Midnight Castle.

Meanwhile, at least the game is playable rather than totally gone.....and that's at least something.

In reply toRe: msg 4
LvlSlgr

Jun-13

AEGram said:

Meanwhile, at least the game is playable rather than totally gone.....and that's at least something.

Amen to that.

In reply toRe: msg 5

Playable? ---- just barely, at best. Several problems still exist and new ones crop up. The DQs repeat themselves to the point of aggravation, the airship still wants ridiculous supplies at higher levels, the hint button is slow to respond, the CCs are nothing but repeats, and more.

It is clearly past time to accept the fact that this lovely game is history ---- indirectly done in by Russian "policies". I think that to believe this game will continue is just whistling in the dark. My hope would be one more update that wraps up the story and leaves us with the opportunity to replay the game as a stand alone HOPA ---- maybe even as a CE. That way, the Russians could go ahead with their barbaric nation destroying aggression, and the rest of us could play the game and "remember when" ---- and do a little "what if" speculating.

AEGram

Jun-14

The DQ repetition and the CCs are irrelevant to the playing of the game. Players can still enter and play HOSs without issue and can still continue to level up provided they're careful to do the character quests in the order of delivery as well as ensure all Side Quests from characters are completed and closed before continuing with the character quests to level up.

(The game was more than stable to alternate between characters when increasing in levels prior to the introduction of the Destiny Keys being delivered by character quests during the time when these were relevant to the game. It's unfortunate that the programming has caused issues after this section of the game concluded.)

The hint button is indeed rendered all but useless. When it's used, it takes several seconds for the action to clear and allow players to actually select that item revealed or another. That  started to occur when they introduced the frames that caused so many issues.

The airship wheels increasing is a flaw in programming logic that the Developers didn't consider and have refused to deal with even though players repeatedly informed them of this issue and offered a plethora of solutions to correct the problem. .............When the game was started, the amount of wheels delivered from packing boxes continued to increase as players opened more HOSs. I'm sure the thinking was that players would have more HOSs opened to yield airship items as they leveled up, so the airship items needed to pack each could also go up incrementally. 

What the Devs failed to consider and still seem to have no concept of understanding is that players can only do a finite number of HOSs in one hour. Because Trina's requests for wheels maxed at 300, the airship wheel amount should have also maxed out at about 350 (to allow airships of at least 300 to be frequently delivered).

But......the game IS playable for leveling up, entering HOSs, etc. 

In my opinion, all the fluff should never have been added to the game.....puzzles, and pet chests yielding items/coins has only caused players to become dependent on getting items that way rather than entering the HOSs for coinage. As a result, many players run out of stamps as they increase in the levels.....something original players never, never, never had a problem with because the only way to get coins was to play, play, play the HOSs over and over and over.

Edited to add.... The CCs are also fluff that are no longer relevant because we have more than enough avatars from which to select, they are repetitive, and they ask for the same things over and over. Too many requests for wheels (when airship items are so precious to all players). And ....again...requests to add different things ..... like play x number of puzzles (don't have to win any items, but just play a puzzle), and other suggestions from the players.

I believe the original developers actually played the game. I seriously doubt those who're working on the levels, storyline, etc. have any clue at all about how to play the game or have even played any of the HOSs they've created.

• Edited June 14, 2022 4:03 pm  by  AEGram
In reply toRe: msg 7
LvlSlgr

Jun-14

AEGram, as usual, well said.

In reply toRe: msg 7

A lot of the fluff got added because players way back complained about the wait time between updates, the wait time for the HOS to cool down,  how hard it was to complete a 10 part DQ in 24 hours, the fact that you could only get shards from the Private Rooms and how hard it was to get the coins to level up.

We complained about the old Bow Figurine and considered it Cruel and Unusual punishment to have to to 12 of them for one quest.  On the old BF Forums there was a list of what was needed to do them and how many times you needed to go to the same HOS to get the items.

Players wanted things to do between updates and the Devs listened.  We got more than we bargained for at the cost of quicker updates.  People were not happy that we did not NOW get an inventory item from the HOS every time, but got coins and shards instead.

I remember when I used to do the rounds to get double the amount of coin needed to craft or to open an HOS.  I did that after being down to the grand sum of 7 coins after one session of crafting and opening areas.

Some of the improvements were good, others not so much.  It really proved the truth in the saying "Be careful of what you wish for" as it is not always a good thing.

AEGram

Jun-16

Trixie Belle (AnnaDownes01) said:

Some of the improvements were good, others not so much.  It really proved the truth in the saying "Be careful of what you wish for" as it is not always a good thing.

Indeed, you are correct. The change from the Bow Figurine debacle was a good one.....I was fortunate to start playing before that time.

The change in the airship not taking regular inventory, but airship inventory being created was also a good thing.

Players complained that they couldn't get coins fast enough and complained because Trina needed shards and they were hard to get.......those were the newer players because the old timers were used to doing rounds to get coins and the older players also would also have figured out how to get additional shards if they wanted them. 

I remember very well the heated debates when they took away our guaranteed inventory item. Some players of whom I was very fond were banned from being able to post because they wouldn't back down and tried to explain that we were being cheated because we could disenchant or sell inventory if we wanted, but not getting the inventory meant we had no choice in how we wanted to play our game.

Many times the Devs "listened to our outcries" and made changes that resulted in us coming out on the losing end. 

Regardless of what the Devs did to try to appease players, they never got thanked. It's no wonder they no longer try to make changes based on what players say. 

Reminds me of the painter who painted a scene. He asked a farmer what he thought, and the farmer said the painting needed a barn. He added it. He asked others about the painting and each of them made suggestions...he added those suggestions. The painting ended up being overly cluttered and totally ugly. What was once beautiful was rendered trash on canvas. 

It's the Dev's game....not ours. They have development rights. We have a choice to accept those changes and work out a different manner of playing to reach our goals ....OR....we have the choice to quit playing the game and try other avenues of entertainment.

For now, I choose to remain and play the game I've been given.