Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Windows 10 or 11?   Technical Issues

Started Jun-18 by Gertie (Gertie0513); 932 views.
Gertie (Gertie0513)

Jun-18

Hello everyone

I few months ago I got a new lap top with Windows 10.  Now I am being asked to upgrade, for free, to Windows 11.  My question is:  if I upgrade, will my MC games be carried over to Windows 11?  I do not want to take a chance on loosing them.  It took months for me to get them back the last time I had trouble.

Any help will be appreciated in making this decision.

Gertie

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Jun-18

I upgraded to 11 about a month ago.  It is a bit different, but everything is intact.

Make a back-up if you can.

lilredhood51

Jun-22

windows 11 doesn't really change much on your computer. i upgraded mine when it first came out. there are some weird things about but you get used  to them. most of the programs that you have on your computer will still work just fine. the only thing that i don't like is the way my mouse will just go where ever it feels like and open up a random program. and the start button is not what it used to be.

I have been told by 3 different IT people ----DO NOT go to 11 until you have to, which is a long way down the road.

But it is everyone's personal choice, of course.

Hi Jenny

Can you tell me what kind of problems  those people had?  Also, thanks for your input

Geriie

They are IT people who can see many different glitches that could affect our games that will probably be resolved over a long period of time. But their point is that W11 does very little for the average user or casual gamer so their recommendation is to stay with W10 as long as possible.

Probably just a matter of dancing with the devil you know instead of the one you don't.

But of course everyone should decide for themselves ---- the people I know have never steered me wrong (for example, staying with W7 as long as I did and totally bypassing W8 with all its problems until W10 was ready to go).

Thanks for getting back to me so fast.  I also stayed with Windows 7 and did not go to Windows 8.  I think I will stay with Windows 10.  After all it is a new Lap Top ( couple months old).  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it", that expression comes to mind.  Again, I appreciate you taking the time in replying.

Gertie

Happy to help ---- and I totally agree ---- no need to fix it if it ain't broke!smiley

Sukretz

Jul-6

I recently successfully transferred my game to a new laptop, (with Windows 10) but I didn't delete it from the old one.  I have been playing on the new laptop exclusively because the transfer instructions suggested that playing on the old one might result in file corruption.  The new update came to the old laptop only, so I updated it there, and then went through the transfer process again to get it on the new laptop.  Should I have deleted the original game from the old laptop?  And if I do so now, will it have any effect on the game on my new laptop, and will future updates come to the new laptop?

After I transferred my game (with the kind help from Dhyani), I left the old game completely alone as she advised me to do. I never look at it, I never play it, I do not and will not delete it, I never check for updates on it ---- I just leave it alone. If a new update does not show on my new transferred game, I just uninstall it and reinstall it (on the new computer) and it shows up that way ---- but I NEVER mess with the old game on the old laptop for any reason. I have not seen Dhyani here for a long time, but she is a true computer genius ---- and is a very kind and helpful person. (GET in touch, D, if you see this!)

The only reason I still even have the old computer up is to play 3 or 4 games that will not play on W10, like Dire Grove. smiley

And it really does not matter much since I firmly believe that Midnight Castle's days are numbered. It's a classic which, unfortunately, is not being taken care of by its developers as it should be, which is regrettable.