Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is anyone still having the "Please Wait" message in the Private Rooms?   Technical Issues

Started Jul-1 by Lisadengel; 853 views.
Lisadengel

Jul-1

It's driving me crazy - sometimes after two private rooms, I get the Please Wait and every time I have to manually close out (because I am not able to access the Task Mgr), and I don't lose anything but then when I get back in, I have to reload the Friends pages over and over until I get to my actual # of friends (30, 61, 90, etc.).  What a pain.  I would have thought they would have fixed that by now.

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Jul-1

I don't get it too much in private rooms, but sending and receiving gifts is a real pain.

I usually start in small window mode, then if I feel it's safe I go to full screen. It's hit and miss on whether I will be able to play for very long or not. I always exit out in the small screen, so it opens that way.Sometimes, I go to shrink and it will freeze. It's very frustrating and I wish they would fix it.

I only have this problem on my PC game. not on my iPad or iPhone (ios) games.

Constantly ---- an excellent example of how the developers do NOT take proper care of the game.

Shylo (shylo2425)

Jul-2

I get PLEASE WAIT just about all the time. So annoying! Doubt it'll ever get fixed.

unamused

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Jul-3

It's not something I have had a lot of trouble with to date, but this go around I am probably having to manually close the game about once a session if I am in friend's private rooms. I can live with that, not as bad as a lot of people are experiencing.

I do get that occasionally, but usually when my internet connection is up the creek.  I noticed it because in some things I play I can see my clock clicking over  before the games comes back.  This is not just in Midnight Castle, but on G5 games and Microsoft Solitaire collection.   They have been working on the internet down here to "improve" things, but they just seem to get worse.

Witeaynjil

Jul-5

I really believe this is an internet issue. Most everyone I know has internet problems these days. Also, it could be a combination of slow internet and the server they are using is getting overloaded. I don't think it's a game issue.

Honeyphan

Jul-5

I do get the "please wait" every time I click to a new room - but it only lasts a few seconds and is not a problem.

It probably is an internet problem - a lot of traffic in the game? - I have high speed Internet, so that might be why it doesn't affect me as bad as others...

In reply toRe: msg 8
PenWeb

Jul-5

I believe the "please wait" each time you click to a new room is because there is a definite few seconds waiting time before the new room appears, and, knowing in how much of a hurry some players are, the developers put that in due to complaints.

Penny B

katiek2

Jul-9

My take on the "please wait" issue is that they are slowing game play down to prevent overloading the servers to prevent crashes.  Maybe that is an "out there" idea, but it seems plausible to me.

katiek