Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New pets   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Jul-14 by Brynhild; 2399 views.
Brynhild

Jul-14

The new pets Rabbit Bug and Frog Fairy are quite expensive to craft. Can somebody please tell me if they are worth crafting when I don't plan to craft all the pets? How many sacks of what kind of food will get me what chances for different chests? 

AEGram

Jul-14

Frog Fairy …. Requires 4 bags of Unique Pet Food
5% for wooden chest
40% for iron chest
15% for silver chest
40% for gold chest

Rabbit Bug … Requires 8 bags of Simple Pet Food
30% for iron chest
40% for silver chest
30% for gold chest

Are they worth it? Only you can decide that....for my part, I think they're 2 of the cutest pets that have been offered. The Frog Fairy is by far my favorite.

When thinking about what type of chest they will give, one must also consider the Castle Challenges that will ask you to get x number of a particular type of pet chest. Generally, wooden is not included in a task; however, only the wooden and iron chests (other than the crystal exclusive pet chests) will give pet medallions if that's also a CC task.

Just things to consider, because they really are expensive.

In reply toRe: msg 2
LvlSlgr

Jul-15

AEGram said:

because they really are expensive

I really didn't even pay any attention to how expensive they were. As usual, I just got them. However, later when I was checking my coins total, I was shocked at how much lower it was than before I crafted the pets. It went through my head - Darn! Those buggers must have cost a lot! - but I just laughed at it.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jul-15

What are coins or diamonds at your exalted level?  Mere "bagatelles"!

What I need are thousands of shards to catch up on my room renovations!

In reply toRe: msg 2
Brynhild

Jul-15

Thanks a lot for your kind answer. 

I have understood that unlike most games I have played, many players in this game don't care about strategies for resource mangement, it's all about the experience :)

For me, the new pets are not worth it. When Baby Boy or Baby Girl will get me 80% chance for gold chest with only 5 bags of Simple Pet Food, why should I use Rabbit Bug? When White Rabbit gives me 50% for gold, 30% for silver, 15 % for iron and 5% for wood and requires only 3 Unique, why use Frog Fairy? Cook is also nice and requires only 2 Unique. 

For wooden chests I would use the otherwise useless Snow Griffin with 90% chance for wood. There's many pets who will give you a good chance for iron chest, like the hopeless Emerald Dragon who has 60% for iron and requires 10 sacks of Rare Food. I would however not use Emerald Dragon, but choose other pets who require less food and with better chances for gold and silver chests if I didn't get iron. But again, I understand that I don't think like most of you people when playing this game :)

LvlSlgr

Jul-15

PTG (anotherPTG) said:

What I need are thousands of shards to catch up on my room renovations!

I agree! Since losing progress in my game twice - once in March 2020 and again in April 2021 - I'm very low on shards. Both times when my game was restored, they didn't give me enough shards to compensate what I had spent for furniture in my private rooms. I asked but didn't receive.

AEGram

Jul-15

Brynhild said:

Thanks a lot for your kind answer.  I have understood that unlike most games I have played, many players in this game don't care about strategies for resource mangement, it's all about the experience :)

I try to optimize my options...for instance, it's important to me to be able to be sure to have a Trina quest for Wheels when I send airships for the CC. Airship cargo is just too precious. So, I'm always trying to figure out the best way to get more of the airship items in the most efficient manner and in the manner in which I will also make additional gains.....Two for one is always a better way to go.

Regarding the pets.....for LvlSlgr .... Frog Fairy cost you 12,000 coin; Rabbit Bug was 8000 coin

Pets, avatars, achievements......there are some of us who are "completionists" (if I may use one of my made up words). 

I have all the avatars unlocked (other than those related to the Fall event that was not released), so I continue with the CCs because I want to continue to have all of them unlocked.

Because I have all the pets made available, including Champion, I will continue to purchase any new pets so I will have all of them in my menagerie.

I have completed all the achievements (other than the Fall ones that weren't activated) except Key Master. That one will take me another 3-5 years to complete......sometimes I get discouraged to the point of giving up, but I really do want all of them to show completed.

I'm not trying to brag about what I've accomplished in the game.....my only reason for mentioning those things was to explain that I still "want it all." LOL

CC to LvlSlgr
In reply toRe: msg 7
LvlSlgr

Jul-15

AEGram said:

Regarding the pets.....for LvlSlgr .... Frog Fairy cost you 12,000 coin; Rabbit Bug was 8000 coin

Thanks AEGram!

AEGram

Jul-17

You're welcome. A bit of a "coin drain" indeed. LOL

larrymor

Jul-20

Do you know where the spreadsheet is located that had all the pet info?

Thanks