Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ghost chest only after reaching level 69   Gifts, Wishes and Random Pleas for Help

Started Aug-15 by RITA965; 1050 views.
RITA965

Aug-15

A huge “Thank You” to LadyAstra for helping me find my 4th Exclusive pet, Sea Serpent…MIA for years! :-)

My questions are….has anyone opened the “golden chest” in DARK TOWER GATE/DARK PORTAL, found all 4 “Exclusive pets” and gone further to buy the 5 “bags” of exclusive food used to feed them?

If so…is it worth spending 50 Destiny keys…I have only 100 left? And…probably being too literal, is there more than one exclusive food in each “bag”?

Also…are there any other uses for the Destiny Key?

Thanks in advance for any help here…

LvlSlgr

Aug-15

RITA965 said:

If so…is it worth spending 50 Destiny keys

Once you have one of the Exclusive pets, then the food for them will be available when completing an HOS ... just like all of the other pet foods. There's no point in going back to the Ghostly Chest and spending valuable items. The only other value of the Destiny Keys is to sell them for coins or disenchant them for shards. 

RITA965

Aug-15

Thank you very much…I am at level 116 and have plenty of food for my 4 special pets so will not waste keys on food. Will hold on and see if the devs find another use for them down the road… :-)

AEGram

Aug-16

RITA965 said:

Thank you very much…I am at level 116 and have plenty of food for my 4 special pets so will not waste keys on food. Will hold on and see if the devs find another use for them down the road… :-)

When the Ghostly Chest was first introduced, I just knew the Devs would put other goodies therein. After all, it was such a wonderful place to put the Portal Activator and Ocean Guide. So, it just made sense to me that they would use that Chest again.

As a result, I collected 2 of the Keys of Fate and held about 200 Destiny Keys in inventory....just..in..case.

I reached Level 71 on July 8, 2016....(I documented it because I was just getting to the end of the new content). The Ocean Guide was retrieved from the Ghostly Chest before the end of that content...our next update was on Aug 24 that took players from Level 71 to 75. That means, I actually got the Ocean Guide within a few days of July 8, 2016.

I'm....still....waiting....for the Devs to put some other goodie in that Ghostly Chest! (So much for being absolutely positive that there would be more to come from it. LOL)

So, I seriously doubt the Devs will use the Ghostly Chest for anything other than the Exclusive Pet food, which as LvlSlgr has already said is a major waste of resources to get the pet food from the Chest when it falls randomly from the HOSs like does the other pet food. 

In reply toRe: msg 4
RITA965

Aug-16

Thanks for confirmation…you do know that I would not have found Sea Serpent if it wasn’t for you!! 

Spent many hours on the INDEX reading and will continue until I satisfy myself that my notes are as complete as they will get.

Still trying to invent the wheel though…lol…but it occupies my mind while not at home base for the month :-) I have years of  notes on MC that I am trying to put on one spread sheet…for my own benefit and enjoyment. :-) I will keep my old notes as well as I have cleaned house before and removed some changes that were a part of the story…ie; kept the Tournament reference but removed the pet and avatars that were deleted.

Playbelle

Aug-24

Yes, all of the Ghostly Chest exclusive pets are totally worth it! The biggest reason is because the Ghostly Chests are the only ones that gift you Airship Itemsgrinning And we all know how out out of whack the demand for airship items is if you're doing Daily Quests or Castle Challenges. unamused

So, absolutely get all 4 (to date) Ghostly Chest Exclusive Pets. After you get the last one, it's not worth spending keys and coins to get Exclusive Pet Food from the Ghostly Chest (which is all I got the few times I've tried after receiving the 4th pet). Not in my opinion anyway.

As to the Destiny Keys, after you have all 4 pets you can always go to your inventory and convert them to coins or shards. Or you can gift them to friends. I don't mind doing the Destiny Quests, it passes the time while waiting for the next update. I'm always happy to gift these keys to any of my friends who ask for them. Just add Destiny Keys to your Wish List if you're finding it tough to invest the time to earn all those keys. 

Happy gaming!

RITA965

Aug-24

Thanks Playbelle…seems to be the general consensus, not worth the 50 Destiny Keys for food.

AEGram pointed me in the right direction, the INDEX…where I bumped into LadyAstra who reminded me where to go for the Ghost Chest!  

I have all four Exclusive Pets and feed them often…love those airship items! Nearly all of my friends have airship items on their gift list and I am happy to gift them as often as I can.

Wandering the Castle loading up on goodies while awaiting the Fall Event and CC… AEGram is helping me organize old game notes to fill the time as well…

Happy Hunting!!

RITA965

Aug-24

Hi again…probably not worth it either but I did find one other use for the Destiny Key. Happened to be visiting the Laboratory and Exclusive Food can be crafted by spending;

5–Pet Medallions

5-Destiny Keys…and

2000 Coins

Thanks again for your help :-)

Playbelle

Aug-24

Well yes, you can use the Destiny Keys to craft Exotic Pet Food in the lab, but they do want a hefty amount of coins for that. A Crystal Chest will get you Airship Items, but generally not as many coins as a Golden Chest would.

Personally, I rarely craft any pet food except the beginner level (I think that one's called Simple Pet Food, but I have a hard time remembering all the names for stuff). It's the brown bag. Often I find that when I craft that one, I'll get other types of pet food, including Exotic Pet Food sometimes, and/or enough coins to more than pay for what I spent crafting the Simple Food as the two bonus prizes.  Plus, you earn all types of pet food just playing an HOS.

I guess it depends on how often you feed your Exotic Pets and how often you play the regular HOS's, but for me, crafting the Simple Food and sometimes getting Exotic Food as a bonus usually gets me as much Exotic Food as I need.  

I tend to convert most of my Destiny Keys to shards so I can upgrade the furniture in the Private Rooms. Shocking how many shards they often want for the furniture upgrades, but I just love making my rooms extra special.

The great thing is, we all get to decide how to use stuff and set which priorities are important to us. I love that about this game. relaxed

Congrats on getting all your Exotic Pets!

RITA965

Aug-25

Yes…copious coins are needed to craft exclusive food for our 4 special pups. I don’t craft pet food either, with one exception…when crafting is called for in a CC. I  sometimes find it easier crafting simple food then than choosing what item to craft…not very expensive if you have plenty…5 pet medallions and 200 coins.

I do have a list of all items crafted…their value in shards, and coins (cost and profit) but can sometimes be impatient going through crafted items if time is short for me.

I have plenty of exclusive pet food so feed my pets as often as I can as they supply lots of needed airship items…to play and share.

I too love that we can choose what path is important to us in the game but am grateful for the generous help and suggestions given in the forum…thank you all!!

I do have one very minor pet peeve (not with my pets however, lol)…diligent in returning gifts, I have a longer list than I would like of those who gift and often have no gift to return…:-)