Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New Update   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Aug-30 by HulioT; 5734 views.
HulioT

Aug-30

New update available in the App store today, too scared to update astonished

In reply toRe: msg 1
P1tbull

Aug-30

I've just seen pics but no update yet on PC :(

• Edited August 30, 2022 3:07 am  by  P1tbull
AEGram

Aug-30

P1tbull said:

I've just seen pics but no update yet on PC :(

Regarding the update.....True that the update shows in the App Store for iPad.......I was successful downloading the new update without issues. So far, I've noticed there are 2 new puzzles. But I haven't done anything with that game because I ALWAYS do the update first on PC.

For the PC game ......Game Manager shows no update (I have mine set to manual, so I have to check each time). Last update didn't show up in Game Manager either....uninstalling and reinstalling the game within Game Manager worked last time, so that's what I did this time.

There's a substantial download....I believe the number showing was about 757 or so. During the download, my PC screen went black (because I left it for a few minutes and when I moved the mouse, there was no connection to the server. When I clicked retry, the download continued without issue.

However, when I went to Gabrielle, she's still displaying "The adventure will continue in a future update!" .............I haven't done all the puzzles on this game, so I don't know if the puzzles loaded. Also, there are no new items in the Laboratory for crafting.

I'm thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling the game again to see if that will trigger the new material.

In reply toRe: msg 3
AEGram

Aug-30

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game a second time. There was an initial download sized 22 followed by one sized 759. There was no hitch when the download ran. In fact, it downloaded much faster this time than the original one.

When the game launched, there's no change to Gabrielle. The new material isn't showing.

Hopefully someone will try the download on PC and let us know if they, too, are having the same result as I am.

In reply toRe: msg 4
AEGram

Aug-30

Has any PC player been successful with seeing the new material after the download?

In reply toRe: msg 3
Lisadengel

Aug-30

Hi (all), 

I play on both the PC and the iPad...I'm not as scared about losing the iPad game because I keep detailed records of my inventory (as well as on the PC) - and since I have to download it in the APP store, I can go in first and make sure all my #s are correct.  I'm also only at about Level 33, as opposed to 73.  I play on the iPad at night.  I'm not going to play on the PC until enough people vet it and say it's safe!

AEGram

Aug-30

Regarding the safety of playing...the download went without hitch, but the new material hasn't presented.

Hopefully someone on PC will get brave and kick off the download.

But, for now, I just need to know if ANYONE has gotten the new material on PC after performing the download.

If they have, that means I need to contact Big Fish or Elephant Games to get assistance on my game.

In reply toRe: msg 7
TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

Aug-30

I have new update on PC. Gabrielle does have new tasks for me. Just clicked on her, but haven't played yet.

iOS phone isn't that far along, but iPad is. Updating that now.

In reply toRe: msg 7
dustyretired

Aug-30

Downloaded the new content on 1 of my 3 pc games.  Gabrielle has new content and I did one of her quests.  No problems on that little bit.

Edited:

Made it to lev 117 and did 1st quest.  No problems

PTG (anotherPTG)

Aug-30

No change yet!