Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Freezing rooms?   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Nov-2 by Cynthisue; 942 views.
Cynthisue

Nov-2

Does anyone have freezing private rooms? I go to my room and don't have a problem. But if I check out my friends rooms, when I do the sparkles it freezes each time. I did the update with no problem in everthing  else.

WYOMARE

Nov-8

Ditto,, same here.  Don"t know what to do about it Let me know if you find out any way to fix this,,,, WE ALL WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!  Thanks

I find I tend to get the Please Wait, if I try to move on too fast after completing the scene.  Just a thought, may not be the same for anyone else.

Playbelle

Nov-13

Trixie Belle is right; clicking on the next thing too fast tends to make this game hang on a PC. It's not the only trigger, but it's definitely one of them.

I find that certain times are worse than others, my rooms freeze more often on weekends than weekdays (server issues no doubt) and that some random days are worse than others for no reason I can identify. 

When it does freeze, don't click or keep trying to move the cursor for a good 30 seconds (a real 30 seconds, not an impatient 10-15). Sometimes it will unlock itself. If it does, take things slower for the next few scenes and give it a chance to really catch up. Sometimes that works.

If the game stays frozen, sometimes you can just log out of Windows instead of restarting the computer. To do that, hit the key with the Windows icon on your keyboard, that will take you to your desktop. Try to close Midnight Castle by right-clicking on the Midnight Castle icon on your task bar and selecting "Close Window" before you  log out (sometimes I can, sometimes I can't). Then go to the Windows icon on your task bar and instead of selecting the power icon, click on your name (next to your log-in photo) and then click on "Sign Out". That takes you to the log-in screen. Once I log back into Windows I try opening my browser before going back into MC, just to give it more time to clear. Usually I can avoid a full restart this way. It saves a lot of time on the glitchy days.

That said, there are some days I give up. I always come back another day though. Since I do sometimes get a different result, guess I dodged the definition of insanity. wink

WYOMARE

Nov-13

Thanks Playbelle,  I will try that. Waiting on a reboot takes a while and I"m not sure how good turning the computer on and off so many times  a day is for it.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Nov-14

I've found when my screen freezes that I can use Control+Esc to minimize it, then go to the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del to find it at the bottom of the list of options) and close it properly there. Also close any Big Fish applications running. Then it starts working again just fine without having to restart or log out.

Playbelle

Nov-16

I didn't know about the Ctrl+Esc tip, Thanks! I'll try that if the Windows key isn't working, there have been a few times it hasn't.

I've had mixed results with the Task Manager in the past; typically if I can't close it on the task bar, the Task Manger freezes too. It's still good advice though.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Nov-16

Sometimes if I can't get the task manager to work it is because I can't get my cursor to go onto it. I then use the TAB key instead. Try using TAB then the down arrow. Keep doing the TAB down arrow thing until you see an item highlighted in the list of open apps. Then Down Arrow to MC and ALT+E should close it.

I don't know why sometimes I cannot get the cursor to work on Task Manager, but when it doesn't this is the way around it.

LvlSlgr

Nov-16

Someone in an earlier thread mentioned to set your task manager so that it's always on top when you open it. After I did that, then I was always able to get to the Task Manager and close out MC that way if needed.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Nov-16

Not a bad idea if you have problems with a specific game freezing. I know I have problems with a specific game that I generally do that with.