Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ice Breath Friends   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started 6/16/18 by Howdah (smitcheltree); 110623 views.
Wineoclock

6/23/18

Hey sounds goodgrinning

mmpendo

6/23/18

See you perhaps on the other side.

Tennco (carlyMC)

6/23/18

How do you benefit from this.  If I swap with someone how do you get the shards?  I must be missing something?  Let’s say I buy one for you and gift it to you.  You then swap it back to me.  If I take the shards, don’t i have to buy another one for you?

Nona (Waldmeister)

6/23/18

It isn't really a swap. You can buy items with coins for your friends but not for yourself. So swapping here means buying each other the same item.

Tennco (carlyMC)

6/23/18

So I just keep buying them to swap?  You send me one and I sell it for the shards, then I buy you another one that you send me back and so on?

Wineoclock

6/23/18

You get 40 shards for each Ice Breath ,

Tennco (carlyMC)

6/23/18

I don’t mean to be so dense but I know I can get the 40 shards.  I buy one for you and give it to you.  You swap me one back. If I take the 40 shards, then I have to buy another one to give you back. And so on... I need to keep buying them in order to swap.  Is that correct?

Hi Carly,

That is it in a nutshell.  You send me an Ice Breath, I swap it for Shards, then I pay 290 coins or 29 diamonds to buy one to send back to you.  You swap it for shards, then pay 290 coins or 29 diamonds to buy one to send back to me.

You could otherwise buy one for a friend, not send it, shard it, then buy another one.

I have been doing this with several friends for quite some time.  I have the coin to be able to do this and it gives me a reason to do the puzzles and to do the HOS in between the updates.  6 hos at 50 coin equals one Ice Breath.  Likewise winning diamonds on the puzzles helps buy them if you want to get the Achievement for purchasing items.   6 puzzles will also give you 300 coin and if your lucky, 30 diamonds.  

Hope this makes sense to you

Tennco (carlyMC)

6/23/18

Yes it does.  It was the swap term that confused me.  I unfortunately do not have extra coin but it seems like a good option for getting shards.  The return on going into friends rooms to get them is pitiful. 

Thanks to all for the explanation

Crystal;P (12earth45)

6/23/18

Thanks for asking the question, I was wondering how this actually worked , too.blush