Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ready for The Special Room (latest)   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/18/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 199282 views.
Randytb

4/8/19

Charlie and I make sure the Zoo is fed and watered when I hear a crash bang BOOM from the TEMP food Tent,, I go flying Sai drawn ready for battle.

OMG what the hell's going on here Opel has PTG's broom swinging it all over the place,,, it on turn is trying to get out of her Hugh hands ,, PTG is frantic trying to rescue his broom from Opel ,,, Muss Katt Angel and Roo are hiding under a table so as not to get bombarded with ballons filled with water and bananas

Bananas ???????????????????? EGORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR where are you fur ball ,,, I follow the broom in Opel hands up to the cross beams and there he is the lill devil playing hide and seek pitching bananas and water balloons then swinging to an other steel grid EGOR GET THE !@#$%^&*()_ DOWN FROM THERE AND STOP THAT SPALATTTTTTTTTTTTTT I GET A FACE FULL OF GOOGY BANANAS ,,,,

WILL SOMEONE GRAB THAT NUTSO MONKEY ,,,,

Charlie to the  rescue as she brings in Egor's play mate and gets him down with out any further flying objects,,

Okay Egor you are grounded now get back to the closer Charlie has set up and Charlie keep an eye on him.

Man what a mess as everyone pitches in to clean up  so we can eat ,,, AHUM Miss Opel may I please have my broom back now??

She hands him his precious broom as he checks it over from bristle to stack end and coos it is ok I got you now ,,,,

I look at PTG and just shake my head.

All is cleaned up and we all get to eat in quite ,,,, I call Charlie to come join us and bring Nose please*** she likes to eat her meals with her Zoo***

As I am waiting I clear the table and lay out the maps and pictures we have so far,,, okay gather around ,,,

Heres the plan,,, Nose and I will do a night recon here as I point to entrance to The Bone Kingdom,,,, I need get a look at the inside ,, what is this a Ball Room ,,, Yes says Roo and up the stairs are The Hounds over three doors ways what and where they go I do not know .

Okay that is my plan Charlie can you fasten the pearls to Nose's collar ? I need to look as if we are on a nightly walk if we are spotted.

And Charlie you will be with me tomorrow as my assistant I will have one Lion you the other ,,, I have the pass if we are stopped and questioned ,, we just say we are here for meat for the Lion's and that we have permission and this pass.

We can get Sugar and Spice to growl a bit as if they are really hungry .

Okay every one clear on the plan??

I go with Charlie to get ready for my night recon with Nose.

• Edited April 9, 2019 9:39 am  by  Randytb

I HEARD THE COMMOTION GOING ON IN THE FOOD TENT.  THE I HEARD THE CAP YELLING AT EGOR.   BABY SAID THAT HE HAD GONE IN SEARCH OF FOOD.  FOOD!  I ASKED BABY SAID THAT IS WHAT HE SAID HE WAS HUNGRY AND YOU WERE NOT HERE AT THE TIME.   OK ! NOT YOUR FAULT.   

I GRAB JL AND HEAD FOR THE FOOD TENT.   JL  YOU GO UP THEIR AND GET EGOR DOWN.  AND NO JOINING HIM THROWING THINGS.  OR NO TREATS FOR EITHER OF YOU!   EGOR COMES DOWN WITH JL .   CAP SAYS EGOR IS GROUNDED TO THE PET AREA.   GOOD I SHOULD HAVE MADE IT CLEAR TO BABY AND BEAU HE WAS NOT TO LEAVE THERE.

BACK WITH BABY AND BEAU IN THE ANIMAL AREA I TELL BABY AND BEAU EGOR IS NOT TO LEAVE HERE AGAIN.  IF HE GETS HUNGRY TELL ME I WILL COME IF I AM NOT HERE.  BUT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES IS HE TO LEAVE HERE.  NOW I WILL FEED AND WATER ALL OF YOU THEN GET MY SUPPER AND BRING IT HERE.  THAT WAY I CAN KEEP AN EYE ON ALL OF YOU.  NO WONDERING AROUND WHILE WE ARE AWAY FROM THE PET ENCLOSURE AND BARN AT THE TEA ROOM.   I KNOW MANY OF YOU PREFER TO HUNT OR FIND YOUR OWN FOOD.  BUT THESE PEOPLE WILL NOT UNDERSTAND OR WANT YOU DOING THAT.   SORRY SUGAR AND SPICE.  NO HUNTING HERE.   I KNOW YOU HUNTED BEFORE WE LEFT.  ARE YOU HUNGRY NOW.

NOT REALLY THEY REPLY.  BUT SOME MEAT WOULD HELP.  THAT WE CAN GET BUT IT WILL NOT BE FRESH KILL YOU ARE USED TO.  

WE UNDERSTAND THEY REPLIED. 

I WAS FINISHING MY FOOD WHEN THE CAP ASKED IF I COULD COME TO THE FOOD TENT. AND TO BRING NOSE.

WHEN WE ARRIVE HE SAYS HE WANTS THE PEARLS PUT ON NOSE.  I LOOP THEM A COUPLE OF TIMES AROUND HIS NECK THE SECURE THEM TO HIS COLLAR WITH STRING.   

DON'T WORRY NOSE YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO ALWAYS WEAR THEM. 

THEN THE CAP SAYS I WILL HAVE TO GO OUT WITH HIM TOMORROW.  I CHUCKLE  SO YOU THINK I AM NEEDED.  NO TROUBLE I HOPE.  I AM GETTING TO OLD TO FIGHT.  THEN I THINK I WILL HAVE TO RIG MY BAG INTO A BACKPACK  I CAN'T LEAVE IT BEHIND.  WHO KNOWS IT AND IT'S MANY CONTENTS MAY COME IN HANDY.  

TIME TO RETURN TO THE ANIMALS.  JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN YOU ARE READY TO LEAVE IN THE MORNING. 

Randytb

4/9/19

CHARLIE JOINS ME AND IS WITH NOSE .

I ASK DID YOU TAKE CARE OF THAT CRAZY LOONIE TUNE MONKEY ? AND DID YOU SEE WHAT HE DID?

WELL FOR THAT LITTLE STUNT HE IS GROUNDED TO THE TEMP EN CLOSER AND OUT OF THE PARADE FOR A FEW DAYS ,,, I DID NOT NEED HIM MUCKING UP THINGS AND WARN HIM IF HE EVER DOES THAT AGAIN NO MATTER HOW FUNNY OR HUNGRY HE THINKS HE IS AND ACTS LIKE A SPOILED CHILD THEN HE WILL TREATED AS SUCH.

OPEL I SEE YOU, NO AND I MEAN NO SNEAKING HIM TREATS LIKE YOUR HONEY COVERED NUTS REMEMBER THE LAST TIME  HE GOT INTO THEM ??

WE ALMOST HAD TO SHAVE HIM BALD HE WAS SO FULL OF HONEY SHEEEEEEESH.

OKAY CHARLIE BE READY FOR TOMORROW TO COME WITH ME AND PLEASE HAVE NOSE READY FOR TONIGHT,, THIS WILL BE OUR FIRST NIGHT RECON AND I DO NOT WANT ANY THING TO GO WRONG  MAYBE A GOOD IDEA IF I TAKE GHOST PUP ALONG TO ?

OKAY LETS GET READY ..............

• Edited April 9, 2019 9:39 am  by  Randytb

I HAVE ALREADY TOLD BABY AND BEAU TO KEEP EGOR IN CHECK.   HE IS TO GO NOWHERE.   BABY WILL TAKE CARE NOT TO LET HIM WANDER AGAIN.    

YES, TAKE GHOST PUP.  HE MAY COME IN VERY HANDY.  AND YOU KNOW HE HATES GUARDS.  IT IS BECAUSE OF THEM HE IS A GHOST.  

NOSE IS READY WHEN YOU ARE.  HE THINKS HE LOOKS LIKE A SISSY.  BUT I TOLD HIM IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO WEAR THE PEARLS. 

GHOST PUP I CALL MENTALLY COME AND JOIN NOSE.  LISTEN TO THE CAP AND DO WHAT HE WANTS YOU TO DO.  

NOW I HAVE TO GO AND ASK OPAL IF SHE CAN HELP ME FIGURE A WAY TO MAKE MY BAG INTO A BACKPACK.  WHO KNOWS WE MAY NEED IT TOMORROW. 

AuntieRoo

4/12/19

"Roll up...Roll up... Catch a duck....Everyone gets a prize" I call out as I stand in front of my stall.
Without warning there is a stampede heading my way!!

The ground trembles as six guards & a short round man with a sceptre forces a way through the mob & comes  to an abrupt halt three feet from my stall.
"The Bone King wants Champion the cat".The little man says.
"Certainly" I reply " If you pay your 30 coins & pick up a fishing net all you have to do is catch the rubber duck with  a number '1' on the bottom ".......Before I can utter another word he raises his squeaky voice to a very high pitch.

"NO, NO,NO....You will GIVE me Champion the ginger cat if you & your circus wish to remain here".
Hmmm....Randy might not be too happy if I tell him we have been evicted, I hand over Champion & they head back into the Bone Palace.

The crowds are pushing & shoving each other to get to the front & my appeals to 'Form an orderly queue' are unheeded.
As my coffers swell as  I dole out prizes....
PTG walks over to see why I am surrounded by so many players.
" Roo, your crowd is blocking the path to the other amusements" PTG grumbles.
"Well don't just stand there, I will take the coins & you can give out the prizes.Just match up the number on duck with the prize".I frustratedly replies.

After an hour I stop for a rest.PTG has given out The Frog Witch, The Dwarf Warrior, The Moose & The Woodpecker along with almost all the other prizes.I watch PTG merrily enjoying himself counting the coins.
"Roo......Why were all the prizes stamped with my i.d. Number?" He asks.
I back out of the booth.
"Of course your i.d. is stamped on the back, they all belonged to you."
"What?....How?.....NOoooo...." He frantically shouts.

”Perhaps you should take greater care of items entrusted to your care....Like the Fortune Wheel“ I smugly reply.
Sensing that I might need to disappear at speed, I get ready to raise my hood.
"If you hurry you might be able to buy back some of them with the coins, but I would not hold out much hope for Champion as he now resides with the Bone King!" With that I raise my hood & am gone.

• Edited April 14, 2019 5:53 am  by  AuntieRoo
PTG (anotherPTG)

4/13/19

I sweep the takings of Roo’s nefarious activities into a cash box and hand it to Angel for safe keeping.

For a few seconds I am brain dead with the shock of Roo’s latest perfidy

Then my ‘little grey cells’ begin to work.

Pure revenge is not going to solve this latest problem caused by that she-devil!

I need to return the situation to an earlier ‘time zone’ using the System Restore facility and all my hard-earned winnings will then be returned.

I am particularly enraged by the loss of my little Champion as it is irreplaceable under normal circumstances.

To make ‘normality’ return to my game play I need to slip over to the Library in the Dark Tower to consult the Book of Knowledge.

Within seconds my trusty broom has transported me before the lectern with the enormous tome on it.

After several hours of frustrating search, I still have not located the device I need but then I see it!

It is in a footnote of a footnote to say that in the Northern Islands there is a very strange area called the Stone Garden

There you can find a stone deer with magical runes emblazoned on it.

By completing its HOS you are rewarded with a Nordic Triangle, which the Book of Knowledge states to be a most powerful shaman tool.

It can reverse time!

I quickly fly across there and complete he necessary HOS. This does not take long as I am in the early stages of the task.

But what I get is no magical triangle – it is a blob of ice!

Complete frustration at getting the Crushing Cold prize instead.

I slip it into my pocket and wait 10 minutes for the HOS to recharge. Then I complete the task again.

Success!

I now hold the pulsating Nordic Triangle icon in my hands and get an eerie feeling of a command being required.

My broom takes charge, being magical itself and we are back at the Fair  before the Bone Kingdom walls where I was sitting bereft just a few seconds before.

A whisper: “Initiate?”

Yes!

And somehow my belongings are restored to me and a sign is placed on the table where I sit saying:

OUT TO LUNCH!!

NO REFUNDS!

NOW is the time for revenge!

Roo has disappeared using her magical cloak, but my pet owl has already demonstrated that it can relocate her – invisible or not!

I hand it the Crushing Cold Ice Ball and tell it to bomb her with it!

It will not affect her cloak, so the terms of our agreement with the Mage are not breached. But it will freeze her into submission until I decide otherwise!

Soon I hear that all too familiar screeching howl of anguish as my pet owl accomplishes its mission successfully!

AuntieRoo

4/13/19

I look up & see PTG's owl scouring the area trying to find me.PTG is quite delusional if he believes I would not be expecting some sort of attack on my person.I give a Heavy Sigh!

Remembering that the Magic Council granted my cloak the power to be undetected in its state of invisibility by "Animals whether ghostly or physical" I can only assume the owl is hovering around waiting for me to lower my hood.

I release a Gentle Wind which forces the owl from its current path, spending a few moments adjusting to the sudden breeze.Feeling tired & hungry the owl opens its claws to drop an Ice Ball, then it circles to change direction presumably back to PTG.

As the Ice Ball falls I toss a bottle of Liquid fire into the air then dive for cover under a Proper Shield.
When the Liquid Fire hits its target the Ice Ball sizzles as it quickly melts into steam & a few harmless raindrops fall to the ground six feet away from me.

PTG (anotherPTG)

4/13/19

I look up and watch as my pet owl flutters in and perches on a nearby branch.

When it sees me watching it, it pulls one of its wings over its head as if to hide itself from view.

I also hear my crow explaining that its mission was a failure as it had been out manoeuvred by Roo.

At the same time through my amulet I hear Roo cackling

“You simpleton! Do you think that such a basic trick can overcome me in any way

“While you fret and moan about your useless Cunning Plans, I am eating a large dish of fresh fruit from one of the street vendors in the Realm.”

I get the sensation of that she-devil lolling around in the sunshine on a bench as she eats her way through a large dish of berries.

“I did not put all of our takings on your table and am now enjoying the spending of some of it.”

I am totally deflated as I have run out of ideas.

All of a sudden there is a very familiar scream and the shout

“Geroff me you oaf! And be careful of those pikes!

NNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

And she screams as her beloved cloak is pulled from her small frame.

“You think you can cheat the Masters of this Realm, do you?

“Giving us a false Champion pet, which has since disappeared?

“You strumpet!

“Well a nice cold cell in our prison wing will make you reflect on your mistake!”

I can sense Roo frantically trying to get to her cloak with its stash of weaponry but a burly guard has carried it off.

More embarrassingly another even larger guard is now carrying her off over his shoulder in a most unladylike manner!

Oh No!

Roo is captured once more and I am nowhere nearby to save her, even if I wanted to because of the tricks she has just played on me!

Randytb

4/13/19

Ghost Pup Nose and I are doing what looks like a quite evening walk around the Bone Kingdoms streets making sure to nod a good evening to anyone we pass,

I tell Nose to pay very close attention to the side streets and to make sure he aims the pearls in that direction and to make on like a dog would ,, meaning sniff everything in sight.

I hear a AHUM behind me and I turn to see a huge burly guard leaning against a wall and smoking the foulest ordour I have smelt.

I say good evening sir very pleasant evening we are having tonight.

All I get is HUMPH and hear if that rat you are walking does any markings you will be made to clean it up and eat it whahahaha then I will ram my spear through and though ** not jis words but that is what he meant*

I talk to Nose easy boy he is a giant numb-nuts and you know I would not let anything hurt you ,,,, Nose stops growling and wags his tail but I can see he would LOVE to rip out that idjiots throat.

Not to worry sir my dog here is well trained and we are just out for an after dinner walk,,, have you been to the Circus yet I ask,,, if not here take these tickets and take your family and enjoy some free rides , food and games.

He rips them from my hand NO FAMILY but my friends will come and off he waddles what an idjiots  I follow and see an ally way coming up this is exactly what I wanted ,,, as we near the ally way I rush the oaf pulling him into the ally way far enough not to be seen and as I run my Sai from ear to ear I say this is Nose .

I throw him down the sewer but not before I retrieve the tickets.

Nose greets me all excited and jumping on my leg and barking ,, I pet him told you no harm will come to you not on my watch ,, but Nose does not calm down but pulls me back to where we were and stands in front of that wall ???

What is it boy as I run my hand over the bricks,,,, Ghost Pup is on the other side? ok gotcha this is a secret doorway .

I run my hands all over the bricks until I fell a loose brick but before I can check it out my Amulet goes nuts and I hear the screams from Roo and PTG's laugh .

@@#$%%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*(in hell have they done now ..... @#$%%^&**&^ can not leave them alone for two seconds .

My face burns with rage as I hear Roo scream and her being taken away , $%^&*(*&^% she got nabbed and her cloak has been to ,,,

I AM GOING TO KILL THOSE TWO  come on Pup Nose we have to get back ASAP

• Edited April 13, 2019 10:41 am  by  Randytb
PTG (anotherPTG)

4/14/19

Just as I get a feeling of satisfaction at Roo’s extreme discomfiture I get a throbbing sensation in the amulet around my neck and hear an incandescent Cap’n Bob calling me all the names under the sun!

“But it was NOT MY FAULT!”

I shout back at him.

“She wandered off on her own having sold off all my possessions. What was I to do? Just sit here and accept the situation?

“I did NOTHING to aid her capture!

“But I do have a Cunning Plan!”

The Cap’n calms down

“I am returning and YOU just sit and wait for me!”

But I think, my Cunning Plan requires IMMEDIATE attention and implementation.

I go to find Charlie.

“Can one of your sniffer dogs seek out where on the outside of the Kingdom walls Roo is being incarcerated?

“It does not have to come inside the building or get in danger”

She picks up a small brown dog and quietly talks to it.

It yaps and furiously wags it tail, and then jumps in front of me

It is ready to go!

I collect a large sack and fill it with yet more of my precious gold, heave it over my arm and follow the dog out and up the path to the side of the Kingdom walls. There the dog stops by a small door and yaps while wagging its tail.

After turning three times it then heads off back to the camp.

Resplendent in full regalia as the Circus Ringmaster I enter through the door and find myself in a small office. At the rear are barred doors – this place is obviously the city lockup.

”My good man, I wish to speak with your sergeant please.

“I have proposition that may interest him!”

Grumbling at being disturbed the guard shouts to someone in the back office: “Visitor!” and then slumps back in his chair.

A small very fat guard appears and demands to know my business.

“You have one of my staff imprisoned here for fraud and I wish to pay her fine for release into my custody.

“She will not do it again as I will change her circus act to something less contentious!

“How big is her fine and how much for YOUR trouble in expediting this problem?”

The little man’s eyes become slits as he is calculating.

“$100,000 fine AND $250,000 for my trouble”

I delve into my sack and produce the heaps of golden coins.

The little man is positively drooling!

“We have a deal!

“Bring the prisoner!”

(to be continued!)