Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ready for The Special Room (latest)   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/18/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 168412 views.
MrsFletcher

May-6

Oh Granny, I can hardly wait to tell you the latest news about Captain Randy and PTG!!!.....smile....Hee, Hee, Hee!  Well tell me youngun..cause you know how grumpy I get when I have to wait for the "Punch Line!"....unamused....It seems like PTG got caught is some kind of compromising situation that really got under Captain Randy's skin so badly and had the gumption to complain about it!...confounded...Hee, Hee,Hee!...smile...Is that all Dandydog?  No, No Granny...The best part is that Captain Randy's Dragon Frost grabbed PTG's collar and hauled Him back to the Tea room only to be put under Opals Guarding Eyes and Rolling Pin....Hee, Hee, Hee!  Oh dear me...Poor PTG....Do you think that when Captain Randy return's he'll give you an assignment?  I really don't know Granny...pensive....Maybe....Dear, you really don't need to stay here 24/7 because I am taken excellent care here....So scoot along now and see what Captain Randy has in store for you....But Granny Fletcher!....You heard me Young Lady!....blush...SCOOOOTTT!!!     

AEGram

May-6

Shortly after PTG was unceremoniously dumped at a table in the Tea Room, I very large, steaming cup of hong cha mysteriously appeared on the table in front of him. The cup was nestled securely in a matching saucer.

As PTG welcomingly lifted the cup to his lips for a taste of the delightful, calming liquid......he saw a note that was placed under the cup. It simply read:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+    Tsk, tsk…..the trouble you manage       +
+     to get yourself into…….sigh.                  +
+                ……..……………..The Mage             +
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Randytb

May-7

My nerves are cold as ice, my heart beat steady ,I am so ready to get this facade((( The Circus))) although it has been nerve wracking it has been fun,,,, but I am so ready to get the mission on.

I shiver just thinking of all those cages and cells i saw ,,,, how many have they captured ,, enslave... tortured for information or sold?

I am just so determined to set them all free and that we find Jacob's family.

As I talk to Opel and she puts on the final touches to Roo's Birthday Cake and idea strikes me perfecttttttttttt .

Opel hold on I will be right back.

I scoot over to Roo's and say hey there would you happen to have any more of the sleeping powder?? I do not need much so what ever you have is great.

She looks at me with a raised eyebrow ,,,, just what are you up to and who do you want to knock out??? can not be PTG hehehe is back at The Tea Room so give who?

I explain my plan ((( leaving out the cake of course do not want to spoil the surprise))))) I explain we need a plan to make sure our recon/rescue is not interrupted  so what better way then to make everyone sleep??

At the end of the last show Opel will have a huge table set up at the entrance with ice cream for everyone that will make sure everyone gets some and because it is slow acting cold it will not hit them until they are home  .

They will get very sleepy and just think it is because of a long day at the circus and are worn out.

She laughs okay wiseinhimer what about the ones who do not want ice cream I smile oh do not worry I have all the bases covered just get me the powder okay smart arse lol.

Roo hands me her bottel and I head back to the food tent and Opel,,, here you go my miracle chef  sprinkel some of this on the cake and mix some in the ice cream  ,,,, and DO NOT let any of our gang eat any of it.

Now you be insulting to Opel she says???? GOD NO I would never do that she removes at cover from a side table with a second cake and a barrel of ice cream with a huge sign ***********STAFF ONLY **********

Opel you are the best I hug her and give her a big cheek smoochie.

Okay off to get ready ,,, I rub my Amulet and ask Charlie ,,,, every thing okay there???

Yes PTG is drinking his brew and sulking lol good show see you soon.

• Edited May 7, 2019 10:53 am  by  Randytb
SharpEye1

May-7

I run into the Cap as he's heading off to get ready for tonight!  Hey, Cap......I've scrounged up all the flash bulbs I could get my hands on with such short notice so I've got about a dozen.  Do you think that will be enough for what you're planning?  Or, do we need something else too that would work along the same concept lines?  Otherwise, I think I could make it to the office and back to get more. What do you think?.......

Randytb

May-7

Hey there Angel.

No that is awesome and should do the trick nicely.

We do not have that many hall ways to get through till we hit the main jail/dungeon part so i do not think we will run into many goofs, and beside the little I did see were asleep or drunk and you be right behind me and snap then I will snap iffin ya knows what I mean lol

The Towers Look Outs I will take care off with Frost and Snow I call it swoop and scoop.

I can not wait till tonight.

SharpEye1

May-7

Okay, great!  Me too!!  I'll just go get everything packed so I'm ready to go when you give the word! 

PTG (anotherPTG)

May-7

The Cap’n has just left me behind in the Tea Room muttering about plans and powders and cake.

All very confusing.

The note just given to me by my mage has also upset me. She obviously thinks that I am totally incompetent!

I look around and see that FEMALE knit-one-pearl-one expert is tucked into her usual chair in the corner of the room.

She may seem to be dozing as there are little wheezes and snuffles emerging from her open mouth.

But I KNOW she, or one of her pesky pets, is keeping a close eye on me for the Cap’n.

As the Cap’n leaves the room he tosses me my amulet saying to put it back on immediately and don’t let it be removed again.

As if I had had a choice in the matter!

But he has not returned my boots, perhaps thinking that without them I will feel ‘emasculated’

So all I can do is to sit back and sup my hong cha.

Out of boredom I listen in to the conversation between the Cap’n and the others at the circus.

It seems that his plan is to knock everyone out with one of Roo Roo’s sleeping potions secreted into a large cake or ice cream.

Opel is just putting the finishing touches to this and the home-made ice cream all containing the sleeping draught.

The Tea Room door opens and in rushes Opel heading for the kitchen with a large box that is clanking away.

“Can you wash there up for me please Dear Mrs Fletcher. I have no time to stay and do them myself!”

And rushes out again.

Still out of boredom I sidle into the kitchen where I find Mrs Fletcher seated in her favourite spot with a large mug of her special brew (whatever that may be).

“Here! Let me do that washing up for you. I’ve got nothing else to so and it is driving me insane being cooped up here!”

I take one of the large bowls, which still has the scrapings of the cake mixture in it and am just about to lick it clean with my fingers when I notice some tiny shiny crystals in its base mixed in with the dough.

I look at the other bowl, also with some cake residue, but this one has no such glitters.

“Ahhhh!” I mutter to myself, “the sleeping potion of Roo Roo!

“I can do something with these crystals surely?”

I lick the bowl  that has no crystals clean first!

“Mmmmmm!”

I  carefully extract the tiny crystals and dissolve them in a little tepid water.

Then I make a hot drink for Charlie and go back into the Tea Room  with it.

“There! I’ve made a cup just for you. Now drink it while it is still warm”

She must be really dozing because she automatically reaches out for the cup and drains it.

Within minutes she is genuinely asleep and though several pairs of animal eyes are looking at me VERY suspiciously, none are inclined to move from her side. They are first and foremost her guardians.

NOW to continue with my interrupted Cunning Plan!

PTG THINKS HE IS BEING SNEAKY,  ONE HE NEVER SERVES ANYONE ANYTHING.  LOOKS OUT ONLY FOR HIMSELF.   TRUST HIM I DO NOT.  I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT IS IN THE CUP HE HAS GIVEN ME BUT SUGAR AND SPICE TELL ME DO NOT DRINK IT.  LIKE I WOULD I DO KNOW IT IS, NOT COFFEE.  AND IT SMELLS WRONG.  I PICK IT UP AND PRETEND TO DRINK.  SPILLING IT INSIDE MY SHIRT.  WARM AND WET BUT I DOES NOT SHOW SO NO HARM.  THEN I PICK UP FROM PTG.  SLEEPING DRUG.  SO THAT WAS HIS PLAN TO KNOCK ME OUT.  I PRETEND TO FALL ASLEEP.  TO THE CATS.  GIRLS KEEP AN EYE ON HIM IF HE GOES BACK TO THE KITCHEN LET ME KNOW I HAVE TO REPORT TO THE CAP WHAT HE HAS DONE.    ONE MORE TICK ON MY LIST.   MAN THAT MAN MUST THINK I AM A FOOL.   YOU LEARN MORE BEING QUIET AND AT MY AGE PRETENDING TO BE ASLEEP.  THAN JUST WATCHING.  PEOPLE LET DOWN THEIR GUARD WHEN THEY PERCEIVE ONE THING AND IT IS ACTUALLY ANOTHER.   THE CATS TOO PRETEND TO SLEEP.   I KNOW SOMETHING IS AFOOT WHEN HE OFFERS TO DO DISHES.  SINCE THE KITCHEN IS NOW MAGIC AND CAN DO THE DISHES WITHOUT HELP.   

PTG (anotherPTG)

May-8

I look all round the Tea Room, just in case the Cap’n has left my boots in a corner.

No! not anywhere there.

Did he leave them with Charlie?

She is sound asleep so I go over to her chair.

“GGGRRRRRR!

I am bounced to one side by a large toothy moggie of the lionine kind.

“There! There! I mean her no harm

“In fact, I do NOT want to touch her and disturb her nap

“So just let me feel around her in her chair to see if she has anything of mine hidden there”

I carefully slide my hands past her and around the edges of the seat.

After all she would not be sitting ON them as they would be too uncomfortable.

I come back empty handed but wet!

Oh dear! Well after all she IS an old woman and ‘accidents’ do happen after drinking.

The threatening growls continue until I move back from her.

Time to get my thinking cap on!

The Cap’n definitely did not take the boots with him so they must be here somewhere.

Ah! They could be in the kitchen.

Did he give them to Mrs Fletcher?

I glide over to the kitchen door and peep in

“ZZZZzzzzzzzzz

Dear old Mrs Fletcher is sound asleep in her chair too.

Time to have a rummage around.

In my desire to find my boots I had forgotten entirely that I had been redressed in the Hospital Wing out of my Ringmaster's resplendent outfit.

There they are in the corner cupboard all damp and smelly on the floor.

As I approach there is a wriggle in one of its pockets.

My trusty broom!

I had forgotten all about it!

Yes! I have transport once more. Also it may know where my boots are.

“????”

“Not allowed to say!”

“Who says?!!! I am your master not that ‘ancien’ in military fatigues!”

“No, not him! Your guardian!”

I am gob-smacked!

Impasse!

Ah well! Time to carry on with my Cunning Plan without them.

IF THAT MAN COMES CLOSE AGAIN NOT ALLOWED I THINK TO THE CATS.  DON'T JUST WARN HIM OFF.  REMOVE HIM.   

NOW THAT HE HAS HAD IS HANDS IN WHAT EVER LIQUID HE TRIED TO GET ME TO DRINK I HOPE HE LICKS HIS FINGERS.  

NOW I MUST GO AND GET OUT OF THESE NASTY CLOTHES.  I KNOW HE IS JUST LOOKING FOR HIS BOOTS.  STUPID MAN.  THE CAP DID TAKE THEM WITH HIM.   

NOW THAT I KNOW WHAT HE IS ABOUT MIGHT AS WELL JUST GO AND KEEP AN EYE ON HIM.   

I SLIP OFF TO MY ROOM CHANGE AND RETURN BEFORE HE MISSES ME.  HEAD TO THE KITCHEN FOR A PROPER CUP OF COFFEE.  

THERE HE IS IN HIS HOSPITAL UNDIGNIFIED CLOTHING.  STARING AT HIS BROOM IN DISBELIEF.   

FUNNY SIGHT.  I FIX MY COFFEE.  AND WAIT FOR HIM TO NOTICE I AM NOT ASLEEP LIKE HE THOUGHT.