Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ready for The Special Room (latest)   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/18/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 220759 views.
Randytb

5/12/19

We arrive at the open field and none to soon poot Angel looks like she is ready to pass out LOL.\

Angel oh Angel open your eyes we are here.

Angel opens one eye to make sure we are landed,, I help her down and her legs are like rubber so she leans on me as we walk back to The Tea Room.

Frost my brave one take Snow go hunt I will be back later.**** RIDER****

I see a large group out side The Tea Room every one hugging and crying 

I wipe my eyes and say WELCOME HOME EVERYONE

I get swamped and tears of joy are flowing like a river.

Captain Randy ,,,, it is Jacob and he has his family in his arms all crying and the lill one clinging tightly to his neck.

How can I ever thank you and your group who risked there lives to reunite not only my family but many of my friends and there family's?

There is no need Jacob that is what friends do and now our family has just grown,,, are you going to introduce me **smile***

OH I am so sorry I am overjoyed and over whelmed please excuse my manners.

This is my lovely wife Justine,,,, my first born Jonathan 14 my second born Jeremy 13 and our baby girl June we call her June Bug 7.

I am very pleased to meet you all and remark to myself all there names start with a J.

Attention everyone please.

Now that we are back and you can now rebuild your homes and your lives I will need to meet with you all and see what of your homes need to be rebuilt,, you will not do this alone we are here to help.

Jacob your home is ready for you and your family and Riddler and Bear are there waiting for you so one of my boys is waiting to take you home,,, he starts to say something no Jacob go home we can talk later take your family home.

They must have said thank you a million times as I watched the painted wagon fade over the hill.

Okay everyone please follow me inside Opel, Miss Katt and Mrs. Fletcher are waiting with food and drink.

I enter last and see Mrs Fletcher still sleeping in Charlie's chair??? I also see someone bending over her ???

I walk over and say excuse me and I am jumped on,,,, CAP CAP CAP so glad you are home.

Dandydog????? is that really you ???? my lill PUP ????????????

I squeeze her so hard she squeals Cap can\t breath.

Sorry I am just so darn happy to see you ,, now tell me you home for good??? if you will have me sir.

If I will have you you lill rascal of course this is your home.

How is my Mrs Fletcher and why is she is Charlie's chair??? and where is my second in command??

He can not be far I have his precious boots ,,, Charlie says lets get Mrs Fletcher to her bed and I will tell you WHAT THAT MANIAC HAS BEEN UP TO.

OH craponacracker this can not be good.

I lift Mrs Fletcher into my arms and Pup and I take her to her own bed.

Charlie give me some time with them we have a lot to catch up on and PTG is not going any where ***HA THAT IS WHAT YOU THINK??? THINK AGAIN

@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$OK OK  go check the critters get cleaned up and eat , I will be back later.

As we walk down the hall we run into PTG coming from the rest room,,,, I glare at him he turns a bright red,,, I snap at him NOT A WORD GO TO YOUR ROOM AND WAIT FOR ME OR GO EAT NO FURTHER UNDERSTOOD????

I get Mrs Fletcher settled and Opel brings in a cold plate and some Hot tea ,,, she stirs and opens her eyes and we both say at the same time no no rest you are under the weather and need to rest ,, Pup says Granny here try to drink some tea  she does take a sip but the is fast asleep

I will get Doc Deadman to come tomorrow and check her over.

Pup is bubbling over with excitement but manages to bring me up to date on what and where she has been and doing.

Here I have been keeping this for you as I hand her her own Amulet,,, tears fill her eyes thank you Cap sir,,,

I explain it's use and that she is to never take it off , she shakes her head as I place on her neck.

Okay try it ,,,, rub it and think my name,,, she does and I hear her and I answer see that easy ,, we both laugh.

Lets go eat I am starving .

We eat till ready to burst ,, it is so good to be home again and to have a successful mission but I have two more things to do be I can relax.

Attention please for tonight I have set up tents for you all to stay overnight here and we can get things going tomorrow in what has to be rebuilt ,, just know that as we are rebuilding all your homes you will be staying here until the work is done do not worry how long it will be you are safe here until all is done.

I go see Opel and tell her I am sending the boys out to hunt for I am sure you are low on meat so tell them what you need and they will take care of it.

I go back into the dining room and say to Pup want to take a walk with me?? sure thing she says.

I can not believe what a beautiful young Lady she is becoming still full of the devil I bet ,, I smile to myself as we head of to The cave.

We chit chat as we get closer to the Cave .... I stop rum my Amulet and call smoke.

He comes to us ,, Pup gasp's and hides behind me,,, LOL it is okay it Smoke you remember him right,,,,, OMG he is so huge now PUP shakes her head and looks at me CAP I CAN HEAR HIM ,,,, yes lill one with your Amulet you and all of us are connected.

May I pet him sir??? I laugh don't ask me ask him.

Smoke goes to Pup and cuddles his huge head on her shoulder oh he is so soft and so big.

Ready for more I say,,, there is more ,, oh yes there is .

Smoke calls the family ,,, Sheba first and the Pups running and tripping all over the place they still have not found there legs yet lol.

PUP is overwhelmed as the wolf Pups climb all over her knocking her down and licking her face .

Sheba growls be gentile.

We spend some time with them and I explain how Smoke is now the leader of the Dires and and this is hos home with us.

Okay time to scoot it is getting late I have one more thing to do then I can get Pup back and to bed she looks overwhelmed and I can see in her eyes she is getting tired.

I call Frost on our way my brave one. ***** RIDER******

I explain when I talk to Frost all he has to do is answr Rider and I know he heard and understood.

Pup throws a hundred question to me about Frost I laugh no he is still my handsome warrior and my life long friend,,, that is how it is with Dragon and his chosen Rider they are joined as one forever.

We arrive and are greeted by Frost ,,,,, WOW OH WOW HE HAS NOT CHANGED

she says hello Frost so good to see you again,,, *** and I you ****

Just then PUP gapes and clutches her heart,,,

Snow comes up and stands by her brother ,,, Pup and Snows eyes lock .

I say Pup this is Frosts twin sister Snow == Snow this is Dandydog who I call my Pup.

Snow I brought you your own Amulet just like Frost and all of us have so you can hear and talk to us as Frosts does may I place it on you?

She lowers
...[Message truncated]
View Full Message
  • Edited May 12, 2019 1:21 pm  by  Randytb
PTG (anotherPTG)

5/13/19

NOT A WORD GO TO YOUR ROOM AND WAIT FOR ME OR GO EAT NO FURTHER UNDERSTOOD????”

I have had enough!

If I could then I would but I can’t so I shan’t!

And What exactly is my room? Here in a Tea Room cupboard? Or away from here in my Hospital Bed?

I have had enough with this group of misfits!

I am the Chief Sweeper Upper of the Midnight Castle and Keeper of the HOS Repository.

I was HAPPY in those circumstances when life was simple and the evil all about us unknown.
NOW I know of the great evil in our midst and all our unworthy leader can do is cavort about the sky with his overblown flying lizard.

AND to have acquired a partner in this!

Back to basics!

“To me broom! Time to ‘clock on‘ for work’!”

MY broom bristles with anticipation at getting back to doing what it is meant for – sweeping and clearing up messes.

And goodness only knows there a mountain of that out there in the corridors of the Castle with all our worthy citizens chasing eggs, zapping mystical creatures and other relevant valuable objects.

I slip into the Aperture and put my hand on the indentation in the ceiling.

And step out into the corridor of the main building bustling with activity.

Dust bunnies flying everywhere

And set to:

Sweep, sweep, sweep….. clean…cleanse…clean!

Happy once more!

That is until a phalanx of guards approaches and orders me detained.

I draw myself up to my full height and thrust my badge at their sergeant.

“I am the Chief Sweeper Upper of the Castle.

“And if it has not escaped your attention, that is precisely what I am doing!

“IF you want to detain me while I am doing this work, then I am sure that the Castle hierarchy will be VERY interested in you preventing this.

“No doubt resulting in a spell in your own cells

“Now PUSH OFF! And let me sweep and clean”

A rather bedraggled group of guards’ slopes off muttering:

“We did not know who he really is!

“We don’t want any trouble!

“Sorry!”

Now for my Cunning Plan!

Randytb

5/13/19

As Dandydog  Frost  Snow and I  are flying the sky watching the sun set and such a feeling comes over me ===THAT IS UNTIL I HEAR PTG'S VOICE.

That doorknob forgot we all can hear him through The Amulet even if he is not speaking it still picks up our thoughts .

When I hear him spew of that he shan't and oh lord he is off again about his room,, a closet in the Tea Room ??? he can not be serious the man DECORATED HIS OWN ROOM IN THE TEA ROOM .

I hear him order his match stick to get to work and sweep up the mess, yeah the mess he has made.

Maybe he will stub his toe on a flying egg or step on an egg shell.

***NOW I know of the great evil in our midst and all our unworthy leader can do is cavort about the sky with his overblown flying lizard.AND to have acquired a partner in this!***

My head almost explodes @#$%()_+_)(*&^%$#$%^&*()_+_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_+ Frost Snow and Dandydog all stare at me because they heard that statement as well.

OH MAN YOU DID NOT SAY THAT AND YOU THINK I WILL NOT RETALIATE??.

YOU ARE SO GOING TO PAY FOR THOSE FIGHTING WORDS AND BELIEVE ME NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING ROO OR CHARLIE COULD EVER DO TO YOU WILL TOUCH IN A MILLION YEARS WHAT I AM GOING TO DO TO YOU.

I hear him sprouting off to the gaurds  and then hear ****Now For My Cunning Plan***

Well sorry to burst your bubble doorknob that will have to wait .

Frost ,,, but he is already on his way down the others following .

I can feel Frosts blood boil ,,,,,, not a good sign I have to calm him before we land.

Frost listen to me I will take care of this trust me I will ,, *** RIDER*** but can hear he is not happy over it.

I jump before we land and run to The Tea Room screaming PTG where are you ,, FRONT AND CENTER NOW

i LOOK ALL OVER SCREAMING FIR HIM TO SHOW HIS FACE  I burst into The Tea Room still screaming like a man possessed,, 

Roo Opel Miss Katt  Angel and Charlie are standing frozen to there spots .. no one has ever seen me this insanely mad.

WHERE IS HE ????????/ PTG GET OUT HERE NOW AND FACE ME AS A MAN.

YOU CALL ME EVIL AND UNWORTHY ?? WELL LET ME SHOW YOU HOW EVIL AND UNWORTHY I AM AS I AM SURE FROST AND SNOW WOULD LIKE A GO AT YOU TO NOW GET OUT HERE AND BRING THAT MATCH STICK WITH YOU.

I wait then I start to search every crack ,, corner and crevasse no PTG Frost anything outside??

***** NO RIDER ****

He has to be somewhere I start to pace again ,, he has to come out and I will be here waiting he can not hide forever and what he does NOT know about me ,, the longer I wait the madder I get and the bigger the punishment will be

!@#$%^&*()_+_)(*&^%$#!!@!!@#$%^&*()_+_)(@#$%^&*()_+_)(*&^%$#@!~ I can not believe that doorknob.

• Edited May 13, 2019 1:11 pm  by  Randytb
PTG (anotherPTG)

5/13/19

Oh! The joy of doing what I love most – to clean and sweep the corridors and rooms of the Castle.

To organise and arrange the distribution and recovery of the HOS items that our worthy players find so exciting.

I have swept up a very large pile of dust bunnies from the Cloud City plaza and am just about to get my broom to dispose of it down into the depths of a disused tunnel when I have the thought:

I am still mad at most of the others especially Charlie for her treatment of me at the Circus and in getting my magical boots taken away.

Since she is always wittering on at me for more wool scraps and fragments and has used dust bunnies before as an alternative to wool, well I give her some right now!

I think to my broom: “This load give to Charlie with my compliments – ALL of it!”

I am aware of a screech into my amulet

And also an almost incohent bellow from a male voice.

His Lordship requires my attention and I don’t think that he wants any assistance.

Time to disappear!

I quickly find a nearby aperture and disappear into it.

Safe once more from those meddling partners, I go over my Cunning Plan.

This is to find the apertures to the CEO room and see what he and the Bone Kingdom sorcerer are getting up to.

On the wall within this aperture there is another plan drawn by Grim of others nearby and one a long way apart from these with a special star against it and the spidery letters Ctrl

Inspiration hits me! This must have been HER special place where all the gizmos and monitors were and may still be there.

If I can use those in that safe room it will be far less risky than finding an aperture in the CEO’s room itself. The sorcerer will certainly not sniff me out from there.

Also time to check on the others even if it is only to see them stuffing their faces with more delicious food and drink in the Tea Room

MrsFletcher

5/13/19

As I Fly soaring above the clouds with my arms tightly clinging around Captains Randy's waist, tears  slowly start trickling from my eyes when I realized just how much I've missed my Special Room Family...Granny Fletcher, Captain Randy Angel, Roo, (I am especially sorry to have missed Roo's Birthday and plan to find Her a special gift to make up for missing it...relaxed...) AEGram, Charlie and maybe just a little bit...PTG...innocent...Thank you for my Amulet Captain Randy..I promise that It will never leave my neck and will guard it always.  There is so much that I'd like to share with you but I see that our PTG has once more gotten Himself into trouble so will spend a little more time getting myself reacquainted with Frost and make myself known to Snow, Smoke and maybe the rest of Charlie's Critters here and around the Tea Room....laughing...Lick, lick.. slurp, slurp...hey doggies I really don't think my face needs washing right now.......!

CHARLIE (charlieisr)

5/14/19

WE HAD JUST FINISHED EATING, WELL I HAD WAS ABOUT TO SIT IN MY CHAIR WHEN WHOOOOSH  PLOP.   A LARGE PILE OF DUST BUNNIES FELL INTO AND AROUND MY CHAIR.  HUMMMMMMMMMMMM!  I WONDER HOW THE BROOM DID THAT.  WELL NEVER MIND I KNEW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO.    I HURRIED TO THE BARN AND CALL TO FINN.    FINN YOU WERE ASKING FOR SOMETHING TO STUFF YOUR MATTRESSES WITH AND TO MAKE CUSHIONS FOR YOUR CHAIRS.   A VERY LARGE PILE OF DUST BUNNIES HAS ARRIVED IN THE TEA ROOM AT MY CHAIR.  ALL YOURS.  HOW IS THE NEW VILLAGE COMING.   FINN REPLIED THAT THE LOCATION HAD BEEN FOUND AND MOST OF THE HOUSES AND BUILDING THEY WOULD NEED WERE ALMOST COMPLETE.  THE DUST BUNNIES WOULD WORK VERY WELL FOR MATTRESSES AND CUSHIONS.   AND ORDERED HIS MEN TO GO AND COLLECT THEM. 

I LAUGHED AND SAID OUT LOUD.  IF YOU CAN HEAR ME PTG.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR GIFT. AND WENT BACK TO THE TEA ROOM.  

IT WAS GOOD TO BE HOME AND HAVE THE ZOO BACK IN ORDER.  LOOKED INTO EACH ROOM TO MAKE SURE ALL WAS AS IT SHOULD BE. GAVE BABY AND BEAU A RUB ON THE HEAD AND THANKED THE FOR SEEING JACOB AND HIS FAMILY HOME AND BRINGING THE PAINTED CART BACK.

CHECKED ON GOLDIE AND DOOGIE THEY ACCEPTED  PATS AND SCRATCHES. THE WENT BACK TO LEANING ON EACH OTHER.  NAPPING OR JUST PLAIN HAPPY.  

I WENT BACK TO THE TEA ROOM.  FINN AND HIS MEN HAD MADE SHORT WORK OF THE DUST BUNNIES.  NOT A ONE IN SIGHT.  

MrsFletcher

5/14/19

"Dandydog!"...."Dandydog!"...."DANDYDOG!!!".....unamused...."Salty!"...What is it causing you to scream my name this early in the morning?...unamused....I'se was just wandering what in the heck you were doing in front of my Tavern this fine morning, that's what Dandydog...angry...Oh..I'm practicing a few sword maneuver's for the young ones over there on the Bridge...relaxed...I hope it's OK Salty right?....Yeah, that's alright if I can watch too..."Wow!"...astonished...."Where in the world did you get that huge sword Dandydog!"....This the very same Sword Salty that My Grandpa Joe used while  in the Sevice under Captain Randy....See it's pommel?...It's made of rare Ember found only in the Fairy Realm..."See all of the tiny Firefly's impeded inside a really long, long time ago?"....This is why when I use it at night, it cast a soft ember light so I can detect where to use it next....smile....That's cool...what else do ya in your bag of tricks there?....Well...I have this Salty...From my belt I unsnap a 5" long tube....What ya got in there...Ha, Ha, Ha..I betcha it holds your eating tools don't it Dandydog..."Hardy, hardy, Ha! Ha!" ...."Ahaw, Majah, doraa!"...Instantly my weapon appeared from it's small tubercular container...extending to it's full 6' long not counting it's Shepard's Hook end....I Proceeded with my special Staff to swipe Saltys feet from under him.... "Swipe!"..."Grunt!"...."What ya hav'ta  to do that for Bad, Bad Young'un!...rage...And in front of the "Bridge Childern ta boot!"...Sorry Salty...Hummmm...Hee, hee, hee....You just must not be laughing at me Youngster or it's off to Captain Randy I'll go to and let Him know how it's the Special Room Folk.....No, no Salty...I was'nt laughing at you....I was just thinking about sneaking up unawares behind PTG and giving Him a wee tap to his noggin for all the trouble He's been given Captain Randy these past few days...."Now that I'd like to see!"......stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye....  

Randytb

5/14/19

I am going nuts and getting madder by the minute trying to find that doorknob.

I have looked high and low but not a sign of him.

He can not have gotten far as he is bootless, ,,,, I was thinking about a perfect punishment for him by putting some of that match sticks (his broom) bristles in each boot and find a glass case ,,,,, put the boots in that case ,, chain it and weigh it down with a shackle and canon ball ,,,,, and take it to The Overgrown Pound drop it dead center and have My Ellie and her brood gaurde it .

Any one but me where to touch it ZAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP a hundred times...... but as much as I want to do that I can not invoke the wrath of The Mage  it is not the Boots fault there where given to a nut case turn coat doorknob .

I hear a THUD and see a huge pile of dust bunnies fall and cover Charlies chair and a lot of the floor around it,,, aha maybe that will bring out the stupid match stick to sweep up..........I wait to lunge ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, next I see Finn and and his crew rush in and in a split second every last dust bunnies where gone,,,,,,, Charlie waving thanks Finn if I find more I will call you for more bedding and pillows.

Well craponacracker that plan failed but they came to be of good use.

I pace beating my brain as to where that bootless doorknob could be hiding.

I go back over every step hole and crack I can think of like maybe he found a hidden door we know nothing of,,,,, but I come up empty,,,,,,, I am still boiling mad but more hurt in hearing his words about me **** evil and unworthy **** and to call Frost a lizard,,,,,,,, I thought we where friends not just comrades and how many times have Frost and I rescued his sorry arse??,,,,,,,,,,, it is like a knife in my heart...............

I call Frost .... see anything rat like walking on two bare feet ???? ***** NO RIDER********

I have to take a walk maybe I will see some signs out side.

I cross the bridge just in time to see Salty hit the ground  now what the heck??

Then I spy Dandydog and a very long hooked pole,,,, now what is that lill devil up to again lol .

What are you two kids up to this morning ?

Dandydog blushes and try's to hide the pole = that is bigger then her lol.

Just showing Salty a few tricks I learned while I was away oh I see as I help  Salty up,,,

Then I spot Sword,,, my mouth drops open ....... it that????????? where did you............... how can it be here............

That was Joe's your Grandfather ,,, but where did get it??

Dandydog was a lill afraid thinking I was mad at her ...... no no child I am not mad at you just very shocked I have not seen that sword since Joe and I fought back to back in that horrific war and we lost him.

Dandydog explained while she was away with her Auntie and Uncle they gave her the sword and told her the whole story behind it.

Well it could not be in better hands child and do you know how to use it and all it's powers???

Not all not yet she said but I am learning ,,, well you will have some help from Frost and maybe Snow ,,, that sword is a legend amounts the Pern Dragons and the inhabitants of Pern.

I walk away a few steps pull out my Sai and whip around as if I was going to attack ,,, Dandydog's reaction was a thing of beauty as she raised her sword and blocked my blow .

Very very good Pup ,,,, once I have this PTG thing under control you and I can take the swords through some mock battles... Pups face lite up like a xmas tree.

Salty have you seen PTG this morning or last night??

Nope I closed early had to check my stock ,, ok if you see him let me know right away...... ok Cap will do.

Come Pup lets take Frost and Snow and have a look for signs maybe we can spot something from up on high.

CHARLIE (charlieisr)

5/14/19

I SPEAK INTO MY AMULET,  CAP NOT SURE IT IS ANY HELP BUT PTG  IS THINKING OF GRIM AND THE WAY SHE WOULD GET FROM PLACE TO PLACE.   THE MAN IS STILL BROADCASTING BUT IT IS MUCH FAINTER.  SO NOT GETTING EVERYTHING.   

I SIT AND TAKE UP MY KNITTING.  I DO KNOW HOW IMPORTANT THAT NO ONE LEAVES ALONE.   SO I HAVE TO TELL CAP ALL I KNOW.  WHY IS PTG SO INTENT ON  NOT FOLLOWING THE ONE RULE THAT COULD KEEP HIM FROM BEING CAPTURED.   SILLY MAN.

PTG (anotherPTG)

5/15/19

With plan in hand I go over to the spot where Ctrl indicates the aperture I am looking for.

I gently press my hand against it, expecting to be transported to that special room, but nothing happens!

Oh! Drat! That plan is scuppered.

And then I see a note on the floor which is also in Grim’s spidery handwriting.

Shopping List Shipping List

1. Me!
  2. Cash and Wickerbat (ouch!)
  3. Carrots
  4. New Aperture location
  5. Bench (where is it?)
  6. Use local universum to reveal it

I vaguely remember when Grim rubbed her paws and the iridescent walls before twitching them in general over the room.

So I do the same.

Layers of Reality peel away from many sides and places in the room to reveal luxurious furniture, drapes and furnishings. In the middle is a battered lop-sided bench but still looking extremely comfortable.

And there high up is the indentation that I seek, glowing with a gold sheen.

I must remember this place if I ever get tired and want a rest! But not just now.

I rip open the aperture I want in both time and space and sail through to end up on the floor in Grim’s HQ.

This is complete with buzzing gizmos that show me all the Castle and its environs.

I select one at random and see Charlie ensconced in her chair, which is free of dust bunnies.

Drat! How has she managed to do that without my broom to help?

“BROOOOM! What have you done?”

“Nothing She used the little folk to come and collect them and she told me to tell you that more are welcome!”

Double Drat!

I need to find alternative penance for her treatment of me – but not just now.

I catch her telling Randy that she can still hear my thoughts but only faintly so.

How on earth can I overcome this problem?

I must find a way.

Confuse and Conquer!

I switch to the skies and there is Randy with Dandydog on TWO white dragons???

What have I missed away from the others?

They are obviously seeking me so I had better not openly reveal my whereabouts unless I have a Plan for doing so.

So, I must be in his black books yet again – but what is new?

There are the others In the Tea Room as I thought: stuffing their podgy little faces with scrumptious sandwiches and cakes.

Interestingly I can see a shadow for Roo but no form where she should be sitting/standing?

Ah! She is wearing her cloak, so I KNOW now where she is!

I will used that as well to my advantage when I have time.

But to important matters

The CEO and the Bone Kingdom Sorcerer!