Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ready for The Special Room (latest)   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/18/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 167367 views.
Randytb

Jun-27

I write the letter and post it on the bulletin board .

There is no hide nor hair of ROO ROO nor Angel and I do not have time to wait around or go searching for them.

We must leave

I spot Penny talking to Charlie and looks like she is showing her Mr.T and looks like she is showing her the berries that he loves but can not have because they act on him in like making him as big as a house.

I call Penny and give her specific orders and tell her any trouble use your Amulet.

Opel come we must go,,,, Mrs Fletcher my dear heart do not worry about Pup she will be fine and when we get back you will be very surprised ==I hug her and give her a kiss on her cheek that makes her blush and and start for the door when in comes ROO ROO and Angel.

They both start in on me and I say NO no time I have to leave now ,,, PENNY FRONT AND CENTER,,, * SIR YES SIR*

ROO ROO Angel this is Penny an officer from the Main Camp who I am leaving here for your protection and to clean up this PTG mess and any thing else that needs it so if you have any trouble with PTG (until I return) Penny here will take care of things and I am asking you to help her if she needs it or has any questions you know The Tea Room .

ROO ROO is throwing questions left right and center at me ,,, stop stop Roo Roo I do not have time right now but you  will be safe with Penny and a word to the wise remember what the Mage said about your gifts and you remember what happened to your cloak before KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON YOUR CLOAK.

With that I grab Opel and we are gone.

We arrive at the open field and load up and Brulee Jewel Frost Opel and I return to the Main Camp.

AuntieRoo

Jun-27

All the way back to the Tea Room Angel & I are still laughing.

“It was probably a good move on our part Angel to make ourselves scarce for a while.”

Angel agrees which sends us both into a fit of the giggles again.

“I do hope Opel does not mind that I copied her headscarf, Kaley says all the ladies are wearing them as they are the perfect accessory for the summer.”

“Hmmm...I think I will stick with my Horned Helmet.If PTG hasn’t calmed down it may be useful, ha ha.

At the Tea Room we see that a crowd has gathered at the notice board, the mumbling suggests it is not good news!

We bump into Randy who is on his way out of the Tea Room.Before I have a chance to ask what the heck is going on he sails past us.

“ Not now Roo......blah, blah....” Neither Angel or myself are listening.

We only went shopping for a couple of hours & now there is chaos in the Tea Room.

Where is PTG & why is my cloak in danger??

• Edited June 27, 2019 12:36 pm  by  AuntieRoo
MrsFletcher

Jun-27

Hummmmmm.....pensive....Because The Captain is going to be going with Miss Opal to His Main Camp for awhile, I believe via the Ambulate I'll ask Him if it would be alright if I invited Granny Fletcher.....blush..... for a few days visit.  While telling Mrs Jacob about my Granny , she got all bright eye and grinny like expressing a fond idea about inviting Granny over to Jacobs Farm cause She gets a wee bit lonely for another Female about Her own age,  (Only the Captain, Salty and I know just how Ancient Granny Fletcher really is......blush.....) to talk too here on the Farm.   This way I could have a few hours a day to practice some more with the Dragon Sword and the Staff also...... maybe show Jacob and the older young'uns some ways to defend the Farm from all those "Badies" out there like the Bone King.....Ohhhhh!  Do I ever despise that Dude!....angry..... 

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jun-27

Sitting in my secret observation room, so thoughtfully furnished by Grimm all those moons ago, I watch with some interest the others milling around the Tea Room as well as outside its front door.

Cap’n Bob has pinned up a note and it is addressed to me.

Essentially what he is saying is “put up or shut up!”

I can’t “resign” my 2ic position. I can only quit and become an ordinary MC citizen.

Well, that is what I feel like doing at this moment, but deeper thoughts come to the surface concerning our unworthy CEO and his wizards

That Bone Kingdom sorcerer is still here and there are other cronies together with the more serious threats from Murk and other creatures of the underworld.

All these need to be defeated if the MC is to survive as an independent Realm and I can not possibly help accomplish this as an ‘ordinary’ citizen.

Fortunately, Cap’n Bob has put a female soldier from the Camp in charge of the area so I can take a couple of days off.

I cannot be AWOL if I am not a soldier. So he cannot have it both ways!

But first to deal with the irritation of Roo Roo and her accomplice Angel.

The rest of the female coterie are just bystanders in the latest assault on my sensibilities.

Time to implement my Cunning Plan!

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jun-27

I go to the HOS Repository and get a couple of empty sacks. One of these I fill with Rare pet food, and the other thousands of those horrible shiny bugs that are crawling all over the HOS containers.

I then search the shelves assigned to me for storing my pets until I find the Pensive Spider hidden beneath a leaf to protect it from my hungry Wise Toad.

Time for me to have a little chat with it.

I show it the large sack bulging with its pet food and tell it that I want to exchange one can of food for one baby spider.

Will it make the swap?

Now that sack was VERY heavy, but in no time at all I have it as light as a feather but now bouncing and wriggling inside as hundreds of tiny spiders’ crawl all over one another to escape.

Finally I swish over them, using my magical broom as an Eternal Wand, the chant I found in the Book of Knowledge Lost Pages that will give these creatures immunity from any physical or magical “zapping”!

(Except by me of course!)

Back to Grimm’s observation room where I look on the moving pictures to locate Roo and Angel.

There they are still yapping away ten to the dozen in the Tea Room while scoffing delicious food that they certainly haven’t earned.

Ah well! My lot is never a happy one but hopefully neither will theirs be shortly.

I had at first thought to locate Roo’s cloak and Angel’s baby-doll nightie and fill them with the 'creepie crawlies'.

But a little alarm bell tinkles in my head concerning the safety of Roo’s cloak which could only have come from my mage!

So I use the nearby apertures and slip into their bedrooms having first cancelling out temporarily the magical wards that Roo has placed all over the place.

There I remake their beds but with certain additions!

I return to my observation post and wait!

EVERYONE IS MILLING AROUND THE TEA ROOM.  I HEAR WHAT PTG IS THINKING AND UP TO.  HE FORGETS I CAN HEAR HIS THOUGHTS.   I QUICKLY WRITE A NOTE AND HAND IT TO ANGEL PLACING A FINGER TO MY LIPS , HOPING SHE UNDERSTAND NOT TO SAY ANYTHING OUT LOUD.  THEN NOD TOWARD ROO. 

SharpEye1

Jun-27

As Roo Roo and I are laughing over Cap's letter to PTG, I feel a nudge at my hand.  Charlie hands me a note and puts a finger to her lips then looks over at Roo Roo.  I read the note.....way to go, Charlie!  Hahahaha I then pass the note discreetly to Roo Roo, telling her to throw it in the fireplace after she reads it.  Roo reads the note, drops it onto the fire, then grabs my hand and says, come on.....we have work to do! imp

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jun-28

I idly twiddle the knobs on the picture before me and it shows the Tea Room in glorious colour. The walls are now sparkling, the floor is in pristine condition  and the ceiling repairs have been done.

The gnomes have done a great job once more.

It is then that I notice, or rather sense, the absence of sound.

Where is the clack, clack of Charlies’s knitting needles?

She is crouched over in her chair, but her work is on her lap.

What she is doing is writing???

I zoom in and to my horror read the note she is penning to Angel and Roo.

It is telling them of my Cunning Plan.

How does she know? My amulet is in the off mode.

Then I remember that she has the ability to read my thoughts.

My rage is so immediate and irrational that she could not possibly have determined the cause of it if I act quickly.

So painful as it is to me, I stub my toe on the edge of the table

PAIN!!

With 99% of my mind broadcasting this, I use the remaining 1% to tell my broom to IMMEDIATELY go to Roo and Angel’s bedrooms and remove all evidence of my Plan.

Return the foul objects to the HOS Repository.

Through the tears I see that Charlie has already passed the note on, so she still has no knowledge of me cancelling the Plan.

Now to keep her, that meddling old woman, in isolation of the others while I work out an alternative Plan which will prevent her from continuing to read my mind.

My revenge on Roo and Angel can wait. This has priority.

Of course, as my pain is easing by now, she will have realised my discovery of her meddling but not what I have done to counteract it.

I decide to give her a taste of what is more to come if she does it again!

“Broom! How busy are all our worthy citizens playing in the Castle?”

My broom does a quick survey and replies “Very busy! The dust bunnies are everywhere, and you haven’t released me yet today to go and sweep them away.”

I smile!

“No matter. Now you can do so, but heap ALL of them either on or around Charlie!

“Bury her in them and carry on doing so until I tell you to stop!”

I then switch my amulet on and tell her that I am watching her!

She is such a ‘nice old lady’ but she does have an extensive vocabulary when she requires it!

I turn back to the picture in front of me knowing that there will be no more notes forthcoming from her

HAW!!!! I KNEW HE HAD TO HAVE CAMERAS HERE WE HAVE NOT FOUND.   I LOOK UP AND SMILE.   HE MAY THINK I CAN NOT HEAR HIM.   SO HE THINKS TO MESS WITH ME.   I AM SORRY HE HAS STUBBED HIS TOE.   HIS TRICKS ONE ROO I DON'T USUALLY INTERFERE IN.  BUT  USING CREEPY CRAWLIES IN THEIR BEDS IS TOO MUCH.  I HAVE NO IDEA IF THEY HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THEM BUT AS A KID I DID.   THEY DO NOT FAIR WELL INSIDE.  OUTSIDE NO PROBLEM.  

THEN I SAY OUT LOUD.    BROOM  DO NOT FORGET  IT WAS NOT AN IDOL THREAT.  I TAKE A LIGHTER FROM MY BAG AND HOLD IT UP.   THE DUST BUNNIES THAT HAS STARTED TO SURROUND ME STOP.   I GATHER THEM AND STUFF THEM IN THE SACK I KEEP IN MY BAG FOR THEM.   PICK UP MY BAG AND HEAD FOR THE KITCHEN.   WITH OPAL GONE I LET KATT I AM GONE TO THE BARN.   AND ASK PENNY IF SHE WOULD LIKE TO COME AND MEET THE ANIMALS HERE. I THINK MR. T   MIGHT MAKE A NEW FRIEND OR TWO THERE. 

PTG (anotherPTG)

Jun-28

I tune into the Tea Room with a smile on my face to watch Charlie’s discomfiture.

My smile freezes!

There is NO discomfiture!

There are NO dust bunnies being heaped all around and on top of her!

The room is bare and in pristine condition

And Charlie’s chair is empty.

She is not there.

Searching around I see that she has gone to visit her menagerie with a sack of the dust bunnies over her shoulder!

Drat! And double DRAT!

Flummoxed I turn to my broom for an explanation.

After all it was such a simple task for it to accomplish.

No broom!

Then I feel a small wriggle in my pocket

It is trying to hide from ME!

“Come out right now and explain yourself!”

A very shaky broom emerges 

"Charlie has threatened me with incineration if I continue!

"Since all you would do is to tell me off for dereliction of duty – personal safety first!"

That confounded woman! Turns even my broom against me.

There must be something to counteract the thought transference spell between her and me.

I need expert help so I open the aperture to the Dark Tower Library and head for the Book of Knowledge. There I open the ancient tome and search.

After several fruitless hours I find what I am seeking on a scrap of paper attached to the wards protection page.

In the ancient script I read: In the Northern Islands the Druids have fashioned a potent drug to read the minds of their enemies.

Unfortunately, they could also read each other’s minds and it drove them mad with the result that they started to fight among themselves instead!

So their most ancient and powerful mage developed a powerful drug to counteract this.

They store it in an Ancient Sphere, and it takes the form of a Magic Pollen.

You sniff it and your brain cells become immune to outside thoughts.

Just what I want!

Now dare I risk travelling to that unholy Realm where capture is a strong possibility?

The answer has to be YES and immediately so!

Before Charlie can interfere or summon up help from the others or even Cap’n Randy.

I am off using my broom as a sumptuous charabanc.

I only hope that this Northern Kingdom has no magical defenses to combat what I am about to do!