Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ready for The Special Room (latest)   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/18/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 200712 views.
Randytb

Sep-4

Yummmmmmy Honey Rum and finger sandwiches hit the spot.

I see Charlie come in them out with a basket lol she must be heading back to her critters and staying away from the the mayhem here .

My mind is a buzz hummmmmmmmm sumthin tellin me trouble in da air and not from da enemy this is home based.

I thank the ladies and see Pup siting with Mrs.Fletcher who seems to have dozed off ,,, I wink at Pup and point to the Amulet that means call if needed she nods and I head to my cottage my room I can do later snicker snicker

I think I need to stock up so that calls for a fast trip to some HOS;S

Back pack in hand off I go ,,,, nails,, hammer,,, saw,,, screw driver,,, small planks,,,, nets,,,, rope,,,, pitchers,,,,, buckets,,,,, getting heavy so I take this back and drop my back pack off, now for the good part,,,, lotions ,,, creams,,,, shampoo,,,,, soap..... how to the critters,,,, hey Charlie just in and out as I give Doggie a hug and a carrot,,,, I grab a big bucket and scoop up critter droppings and some hay  this should do for now oh wait I need bells and the mega horn .

I look for Pepe but he is gone chasing that poor kitty but I wonder if he left any after thought behind LOL,,, sniff sniff nope oh well

Now off to make ** MY CUNNING PLAN*** WEG

• Edited September 4, 2019 4:41 pm  by  Randytb

RANDY COMES TO THE BARN AND GATHERS SOME STRANGE THING.  NOPE, NOT GETTING INVOLVED.   OFF HE GOES. 

PTG (anotherPTG)

Sep-13

I am just about to sit down in my favourite Tea Room chair and sip from my delicate bone china cup when there is a hammering on the door followed by a most ungentlemanly like bellow

“We know you are in there, you baseless cur of a caretaker!

“Open this door and let us do our lawful duty as charged by his Most Excellent Eminence on High of the Midnight Castle.

“If you do not immediately open this door then we have no alternative but to enact our legal obligation and delete you from the Midnight Castle and its environs!

“You will be erased from this Realm!”

Now this sounds a bit serious, so calling out to those outside to wait a moment, I don my special boots and slip into the kitchen and out of there by the back door.

I creep around the corner of the Castle to see who and what is facing me, if I open the Tea Room door.

Not Good!

There are about fifty burly guards all primed up to rush the door the minute it is opened.

Obviously they have tried to enter secretly but our wards and protections have prevented them from doing so.

I grab my broom, convert it quickly into a sumptuous charabanc and climb onto it.

Rising up into the air to about 8 feet (Just beyond a spear throw’s range) I turn the corner and call out:

Hey there, What’s up doc?!”

After the initial confusion and obvious embarrassment at failing to take me by force, a small dark suited figure emerges from their midst holding one of the dreaded parchment MC invoices.

“You owe us damages from the devastation you have cause in the Belfry. Several worthy citizens were rendered unable to carry on with their play due to deafness from the ringing of bells. There is now a large hole in the side wall of the Belfry bringing in a howling icy cold wind to those players. And you have destroyed property belonging to the Castle, to wit one bathtub!

“You must pay OR ELSE!”

“How much do I owe, just to keep you quiet and go away?”

“$5,000,000!”

“Can I see the bill please?”

A small piece of parchment floated over to me which clearly says $1,000,000 fine and reparations.

“Mmmmm!

“And what about$2, 3, 4, and 5, 000,000?. What is the justification for that amount?”

The little man gave a smirk and carefully explains:

“The first million is for the Midnight Castle team, the rest for our most noble CEO who has been inconvenienced so much by you!”

“OK then! Here is the first $1,000,000 in gold. The rest of the money I have converted into dynamite sticks and they are now placed in your CEO’s office!

“Do you want the debt discharged now?

“Oh! And here are a couple of samples to help you on your way!”

Oh! They can get a move on when necessary. Within seconds they have all disappeared as I catch a small piece of parchment with Receipt printed on it!

I HEAR THE RACKET AT THE TEA ROOM AND LOOK OUT OF THE BARN,  WHAT THE HECK ARE THOSE TWO UP TO NOW.   

IT IS NOT PTG AND ROO.   THERE ARE A LARGE GROUP OF GUARDS AND SOME LITTLE MAN IN BLACK.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ME SO I JUST WATCH.  SOON PTG IS HIGH ABOVE THEM.  HE HAS OUT FLANKED THEM. 

I CAN'T HEAR CLEARLY WHAT IS GOING ON BUT SOON THE GROUP TAKE OFF AT A HURRIED PACE.  I DID SEE SOMETHING GO BETWEEN PTG AND THE LITTLE MAN.

SOON THEY ARE GONE.   I FIGURE THE COAST IS CLEAR.  TIME TO GET MORE PROVISIONS OR MAYBE A REAL MEAL AND FRESH COFFEE IN THE TEA ROOM.

IT HAS BEEN VERY QUIET FOR AWHILE I WILL CHANCE IT.

Randytb

Sep-15

Siting back taking a break on my brain and back , I admire my handy work

This is going to work out just fine ,,,,, mess with me and ya gets da horn as they say lol.

What the??? I hear PTG talking ???? oh craponacracker that lill uggie rat is back and demanding money again,,, will he never learn?

I am about to go over to the Tea Room and kick some uggie arse  but decide to wait and see what PTG will do.

I listen then start to laugh then roll on the floor  then I hear the gang running for there lives right past my cottage,,,

Man they sure can move when need be,,,

I get up and watch as they tear by me and the lill rat trying to keep up with the terrified guards don't know who is more terrified them or the rat ,,, watago PTG perfectly plane and played.

The lill rat is hanging on for dear life to the sack of gold that is heaver then he is so half holding half dragging he is struggling to keep up and yelling @#$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!@#$%^ you blundering idjits help me with this sack and I hear one say sorry you are on your own you can face the CEO on yer own on this one.

Then KABOOM ,,, lol I knew what that was and see a huge puff of smoke rise to the sky,,, well that one worked yahhhhhhh.

As I get closer I see the guards fall in the huge hole like domino's and the rat the last to go in with a scream from hell.

Oh this is priceless as I watch the net curl around them and lift them sky high.

They look like a bunch of wiggly worms trying to escape and the cursing wow wow to funny ... never knew they knew that many words.

I walk around the net jabbing with my Sai ,, a butt here a butt there  oh this is fun.

Well hello again rat face will you NEVER learn? are you that stupid? have you not learned you CAN NOT blackmail us?

Here let me relieve you of that heavy sack,,,, the rat fights to hang on but a pick with my Sai a scream of pain and the sack is mine.

The rats eyes glow red with hate and anger  I mock him ,,, ohhhhhhhhhhhh I am so scared please mister rat don't hurt me.

Okay you are boring me ,,, I call Frost,, * RIDER*

Frost lnds beside me and the rat faints hahahahaha so brave is he not.

Frost take this net to the garbage dump the one over the Abyss and let it go.

Frost grabs the net as I cut it free and he is off as I wave bye bye now don't be strangers.

I walk back to The Tea Room calling PTG to join me ,,,,

I get there before he does and ask Opel for a special snack and his fav drink.

PTG peeks around the door not sure if he should come in ,, is he safe or have I set a trap .

I laugh and say get yer butt over here all is good,

Congrats my good man you made me very proud today well done oh and I think this belongs to you as I push the bag  of gold coins to him and watch his face light up,

Cheers my Second in command you have redeemed your self today

I WAS ABOUT TO GO TO THE TEA ROOM TO SEE ABOUT FOOD WHEN THE GUARD AND THAT LITTLE BLACK COATED RAT RUN BY ME.  I GIVE A THUMBS UP TO PTG AND WATCH AS THE MAKE A RUN FOR THE CASTLE.  THEN BOOOOOM THEY ARE IN A BIG HOLE THEN IN THE AIR.  NOT SURE HOW OR WHEN THAT TRAP WAS LAID.  BUT IT IS FUNNY TO WATCH.   THE CAP SAUNTERS UP TO THE NET  GETS HIS LICKS IN.  GENTLY FOR HIM.  AT LEAST NO ONE DIED.  THEN FROST CARRIES THE WRIGGLING NET HIGH INTO THE AIR AND DROPS IT INTO THE ABYSS.   CAP CALL FOR PTG TO JOIN HIM IN THE TEA ROOM.

I THINK AGAIN ABOUT FOOD AND DECIDE TO JUST REFILL MY BASKET AND THERMOS AND RETURN TO THE PEACE OF THE BARN.   

BESIDES IT WILL SOON BE TIME TO FEED MY BUNCH  SO I WILL HAVE MY MEAL THE SPEND THE EVENING WITH MY ZOO.  

STILL NOT SURE ALL THE COMMOTION IN THE TEA ROOM IS OVER. 

Randytb

Sep-24

I saunaed into the kitchen to see if Mrs, Fletcher is there ,

Not seeing her but see Miss Katt and Opel pouring over some important looking papers.

Hello ladies what's up as I grab a cookie and get my hand slapped for my effort lol

Well we are just going over the menu's for tomorrow and trying to get an idea what to make if The Anniversary Party is still going on seeing we have had NO heads up from you PTG Roo or Mrs Fletcher I know she wants one but with her still feeling under the weather  do we go ahead or not?

Humm good question ,,, I have not spoken to her in a bit but the thing is Harvest is fast approaching and we always have a huge tado so maybe her idea would be to combine them? then there is Halloween.

That is a lot of work not just for the new dissidents the Gnome workers and you ladies but you know if it can be done we are the ones to do it.

Let me go run this by PTG.

PTG is right where I left him staring at the sack of gold and with that silly grin from ear to ear.

I snap my fingers EARTH TO PTG ANY ONE HOME??

Huh what ?? oh hey there Cap what's up?

Man what a door knob he needs his head read or a swift kick in the butt to wake him up.

I run the ideas by him and ask so what do you think?

He eyes are like a mirror so I just pat him on the head and head off to see Charlie and find Mrs. Fletcher.

Randytb

Sep-28

Not finding Mrs. Fletcher nor Charlie I decided to take my Doogie for a walk Charlie is feeding him a bit to much lol he is getting a pot belly so a walk will do him good .

I think I will take him over to the cave and see how Smoke and the family are doing and how much the pups have grown .

You know babies the grow like stink weed.

I put the harness on Doogie but he will not budge see he is munching on some oats  oh I see I say going to be like that are you spoiled brat lol.

What if I dangle a juicy carrot  in front of you  whoa lol that did the trick and off we go.

I am talking to myself out loud  not as if Doogie understands or will answer me ,,,,, I really think having a huge party and combine our 5 year anniversary and the harvest is a great idea.

Halloween is fast coming but that would be to much all together so two for one is the way to go.

And I am sure if I went to the main camp and got the husband and wife team of tailor and seamstress that they would be delighted to make all our outfits and for any one wanting a Halloween custom ,

Our seamstress is a whizz at sewing and her hubby is a great tailor and I am sure that all our new neighbors wife's would lend a hand.

I smile this is sounding better and better as I stroke Doogie's main.

I rub my Amulet and call,,, Smoke bring the family I brought a friend  tell the pups to behave Doogie is still nervous but I want him to meet the Dire's and know they are friends and he will not be dinner.

Just as I finish I can see Smoke come out of the cave and the family behind him.

They sit and wait as Smoke and I do our greeting well more like rolling on the ground in a mock fight.

Okay big boy ya got me again lol ,,,, Smoke this is Doogie ,,, Doogie this my boy Smoke he is now your friend and will protect you always ,, Doogie bay's as Smoke smells then licks his nose.

The pups come forward OMG  they are huge,,,, Good God Smoke what are you feeding them ??

I give then a minute to smell and accept Doggie before they all jump on me tails waging lounges flapping.

Whew they wore me out  so I told them go play * nicely * with Doogie I am going to visit your Mom and Dad.

I was surprised to see Doogie join in the fun and he joined in running around after the pups .

He is going to be tired tonight and I am going to get it from Charlie for what she will call my hair brain shenanigans lol.

It was getting late and Doogie was tired so we said our good byes and headed back to The Tea Room for supper and The Diers off to hunt.

What a great day come on Doogie boy lets go home and see how mad Charlie is at me lol.

I HAVE FINISHED FEEDING AND BRUSHING ALL THE CATS AND DOGS.  GONE TO THE TEA ROOM TO REFILL MY BASKET.   WAS SITTING HAVING SOME COFFEE AND FINISHING THE SANDWICH OPAL HAD FIXED FOR ME.  SHE HAD TOLD ME NOT TO BE TOO LATE FOR SUPPER BUT THAT THE SANDWICH AND COFFEE SHOULD SEE ME THROUGH TILL THEN.   OH!  DEAR!   IT WAS ALMOST A COMMAND TO JOIN THEM IN THE TEA ROOM FOR SUPPER.

IN THAT CASE I HAD BEST FINISH BRUSHING DOWN AND CHECKING THAT ALL THE ZOO IS READY FOR THE NIGHT.   

FINISHED BABY AND BEAU AND THE BRAT OF A LEMUR JL AND HEADED  FOR THE PART OF THE BARN WHERE GOLDIE AND DOOGIE WHERE STALLED. 

WHEN I ARRIVE I DISCOVER DOOGIE IS MISSING I START TO RAISE THE ALARM WHEN GOLDIE LETS ME KNOW THAT THE CAP HAD PUT HIS HALTER AND LEAD ROPE ON HIM.   I HAD HAD THEM MADE SO DOOGIE COULD GO INTO THE PASTURE WITH GOLDIE, BABY AND BEAU WHEN I TOOK THE TO GRAZE.   DOOGIE WAS STILL A LITTLE UNSETTLED OUTSIDE OF THE ENCLOSURE WHERE HE KNEW HE WAS SAFE.   

GOOD FOR THE CAP,  THE LITTLE DONKEY  HAD PUT ON WEIGHT BUT WAS NOT FAT HE HAD ROUNDED A BIT,  BUT MOST OF THAT WAS DUE TO THE FACT HIS BACK WAS SWAYED FROM HAVING TO CARRY AND HAUL MUCH MORE WEIGHT THEN THE LITTLE GUY SHOULD HAVE.  IT IS A GOOD THING I DO NOT KNOW HIS FORMER OWNER,   OWNER MY FOOT,  THAT MAN SHOULD NOT EVER BE ALLOWED TO EVEN OWN SO MUCH AS A FLEA.   

I WAS COMING TO A BOIL JUST THINKING OF THE WAY HE HAD TREATED THAT SWEET LITTLE DONKEY,  WHEN THE CAP RETURNED WITH HIM.

OK,  CAP I KNOW HE IS YOURS BUT PLEASE IN THE FUTURE JUST OPEN YOUR  AMULET TO ME.  I ALMOST SET OF THE ALARM WHEN I DISCOVERED HIM GONE.  GOLDIE TOLD ME HE WAS WITH YOU.   

IF I AM NOT IN THE TEA ROOM WHICH HAS NOT BEEN SAFE OF LATE, I AM SOMEWHERE ABOUT THE ENCLOSURE.

NOW SINCE YOU HAVE SEEN HIM OUT AND ABOUT YOU CAN CLEAN HIM UP.  THE CURRY COMB AND HORSE BRUSHES ARE ON THE LEDGE BY MY CHAIR.

AND OPAL HAS GIVEN INSTRUCTION NOT TO BE LATE FOR SUPPER.  OH! WE NEED TO DISCUSS WHAT WE ARE TO DO FOR HALLOWEEN.  

WITH THAT I TURN TO GET DOOGIE A BUCKET OF FRESH WATER.  I AM SURE HE IS THIRSTY IT APPEARS THEY HAVE BEEN GONE SOME TIME.

DOOGIE WAS A SIGHT,  DUSTY GRASS AND BURRS IN HIS TAIL.   THEY MUST HAVE HAD A GOOD TIME OR GONE SOME DISTANCE INTO THE TALLER GRASSES.

I FINISHED UP GOLDIE MADE A CHECK ON EVERYONE ELSE GATHERED MY BAG, SUGAR AND SPICE OPAL'S BASKET AND THERMOS AND HEADED TO MY ROOM AT THE TEA ROOM WITH JUST ENOUGH TIME TO CLEAN UP AND BE READY FOR A HOT MEAL AT A TABLE.  THESE LAST FEW DAY STAYING IN THE BARN HAD BEEN QUIET BUT NOT MUCH ELSE.

PTG (anotherPTG)

Sep-29

I am sitting back in my chair having supped my tea and eaten a delicious cheese scone, freshy baked and buttered.

There is a pleasant buzz is the background as the gals in the kitchen “plot” to provide a festive evening for us all since the 5th Anniversary activity has just ended.

My trusted broom has just returned having cleaned up all the dust bunnies from those recent activities.

But it is not happy. In fact, it is distinctly unhappy!

By coaxing and cajoling I get it to tell me that is has not been able to visit its “dear friend”!

This is the curvaceous besom from the East Realm which at present resides in the HOS Repository after being zapped by one of our worthy citizens.

Strange!

I am just about to investigate further when I casually glance out of the Tea Room window.

Oh! No! Not again!

Down by the bridge across the moat there is a contingent of armed guards surrounding workmen.

These are erecting a barricade across the bridge which effectively bars anyone from crossing it if these guards say no!

Another attack imminent?

But no! After the workmen have finished, they depart and leave the guards lounging around the barrier.

They just turn away anyone trying to cross and come into the Castle. There is no toll booth so that little creep is not trying to raise more taxes this way.

Strange!

Then I note that all is quiet in the Tea Room and Salty’s. We have NO customers!

The corridors outside our area are also quiet although things seem to be normal elsewhere in the Castle.

My broom has disappeared. Obviously sulking, but it soon returns wafting a piece of paper in front of me.

I read it:

QUARANTINE!

(by order of the Chief Executive Officer of the Midnight Castle)

The Tea Room and its environs are hereby quarantined with immediate effect due to an infestation of dark magic.

No persons, goods or chattels will be allowed to enter or leave this area and wards have been put into place to enforce this edict by our resident Magician.

Around this area our noble guards have been seconded for your safety and to ensure any contained vermin are apprehended immediately and to be dealt with most severely.

The edict will lapse on completion of this cleansing.

Oh dear! And I am now assailed by a wailing and gnashing of teeth from the kitchen as I have left my amulet on open and broadcast the note’s contents to the entire world.

This is followed by a torrent of most unladylike expletives from Charlie who has just been bowled over by an unknown force at her front door.

She is confined in the Castle with the rest of us;

She, however, is now separated from her beloved zoo!

We need an emergency meeting of our little band of warriors, but where are the others?