Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ready for The Special Room (latest)   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/18/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 231290 views.
Randytb

Dec-22

Hearing Charlie saying she was of to Cloud City on Griff and that Sugar and Spice would be with her I said okay I know you will be safe and kept my Amulet opened just in case.

I looked over my shoulder and past Pup and Penny to see how Angel was doing.

I heard Penny yell at Angel COME ON YOU BAGS OF BONES GET THOSE FEET MOVING LIFT THOSE KNEES AND STOP SWINGING THOSE ARMS LIKE SPAGHETTI.

I JOINED IN COME ON NEWBIE ONLY 4 MORE MILES TO GO,, HUP HUP HUP

Pup thought she would try and out do de ole Cap and sprinted out in front of me ,,, I laughed oh you think so do ya and I went into half over drive and left her in my dust.

I reached the 5 mile mark and started my warm down waiting for the others lol

Pup came up a tad breathless and then 15 minutes later Penny half running more like walking beside Angel who looked like she was about to pass out.

Flop down she went by the tree and tried to breath and talk at the sane time.

Well well are you not a sight next time tie your hair back cause right now I do not see your face or is that the back of your head?

I heard a muffled GO TO HELL ,,, WATCH THAT MOUTH NEWBIE REMEMBER YOU ASKED FOR THIS  AND RIGHT NOW YOU WOULD BE AN OGRE SNACK ,

Okay lets get back ,,, Angel screamed have you lost your mind??? I still can not feel my legs.

UP NOW ,,, I watched her pull herself by the help of Penny's pant leg.

Okay lets go we will walk untill she gets her legs back then a fast walk then splint the last mile.

I hear Charlie call and say she is back ,,Okay we are on training  maneuvers with Angel and will join you shortly .

I call Opel ,,, Cap here could you fix Angel a hot bath with some of your sore muscle salts she is going to need it and a hot Tea.

Penny and Pup are with me so we could use a hot drink and a snack also.

Oh and Opel don't forget the water and salt thank you sweet cakes see you in a few.

**** For those who do not know ***** after a strenuous work out = pour some salt in your hand ,,, lick it then wash it down with the water,,, you will not get muscle cramps or spasms.

• Edited December 22, 2019 3:29 pm  by  Randytb
SharpEye1

Dec-22

Geez!  What did I get myself into here?!  We just finished that 5 miles, and we're heading back again NOW??!!  Oh, my sore muscles!!  What Cap doesn't know is I just came back from another little trip, doing a ton of walking, to try to give my body a little jump start before real training started.  And, all I got for it is EXTRA SORE muscles.

Randytb said:

**** For those who do not know ***** after a strenuous work out = pour some salt in your hand ,,, lick it then wash it down with the water,,, you will not get muscle cramps or spasms.

Cap's little tidbit would have been SO helpful to know BEFORE I started this venture!!  ***SIGH***

Ah well,  guess I'll have to settle for the hot bath and coffee please, Opel......never acquired a taste for tea! stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Annemaree1

Dec-22

Can someone explain hat the special room is?

MAN IT WAS QUIET IN THE TEA ROOM,  WHERE WAS EVERYONE,  NOT EVEN PTG HAD RETURNED.   MAYBE HE IS SULKING HAVING TO BATH IN THE FREEZING MOAT.  

WELL I AM GOING TO ENJOY THE QUIET. I SAT DRINKING MY COFFEE AND THE WONDERFUL SCONES,  I HAVE NEVER GO USED TO SOME OF THE STUFF THEY PUT ON THEM BUT LEMON CURD AS THEY CALL IT NOT BAD.   

JUST THEN THE DOOR OPENED IN CAME CAP FOLLOWED BY PENNY, PUP AND LASTLY ANGEL.   WHAT THE HECK HAS SHE BEEN DOING,  SHE LOOKED LIKE A POOR HORSE WHO HAD BEEN ROAD HARD AND PUT AWAY WET.

HAIR LIMP AND WET, CLOTHES A SWEATY MESS.  AND BREATHING LIKE EACH BREATH WAS HER LAST.  SHE COULD HARDLY STAND LET ALONE WALK.

SUGAR GO TO HER AND HELP HER TO A CHAIR.  WHICH SHE DID.  ANGEL PRACTICALLY LAYING ON HER.  AT LAST SHE WAS SEATED.  OPAL AND KATT APPEARED WITH DRINK AND SNACKS.  

ANGEL FELL ON THE WATER LIKE THAT WAS ALL THERE WAS IN THE WORLD.  ONE GLASS THEN SHE STARTED TO POUR ANOTHER.   CAP STOPPED HER.  SLOWLY OR YOU WILL BE SICK.  SHE LAID BACK IN HER CHAIR AND SLIPPED DOWN TILL HER HEAD RESTED AGAINST THE TOP. AND STARTED TO RELAX.  

THEN CAP STARTED SOME SORT OF RITUAL OR SOMETHING WITH SALT AND THE WATER. 

I MADE A HASTY RETREAT TO THE KITCHEN WITH MY CUP AND PLATE.  SAT THEM IN THE SINK. WHICH WASHED AND RINSED THEM. 

SLIPPED OUT OF MY SLIPPERS TUGGED ON MY BOOTS TOLD OPAL AND KATT THANKS FOR THE COFFEE AND SCONES ,  I AM GOING TO THE BARN.   AND SANITY OF SOME SORT. 

Randytb

Dec-23

Had to grab the water from Angel she was drowsing herself and the table lol

I thanked Sugar for helping Angel find her seat.

I then showed her how to do the salt and water to stop any charlie horses from forming after her run.

I poured a small pile in the middle of her hand and said okay take it and then wash it down,,,, good girl lol

Well there goes Charlie back to the critters ,,,, she can be around time 24/7 and loves it heart of gold I tell you.

Opel can you help Angel up to her room and could you check she does not pass out in the tub?

Angel // I shake her a bit and her head pops up what what what no more I can not take another step you slave driver .

I laugh and say no more running for today you did good and tomorrow you will do better she screams and runs to her room lol knew that would get her moving.

Okay lets go freshen up for supper see you back here later and we can plan for tomorrows training.

Randytb

Dec-23

HUGS TO ALL

• Edited December 23, 2019 2:23 pm  by  Randytb
Randytb

Dec-23

Oh dear that is a hard on to explain.

To learn what Our Special Room is you have to read the post

Look on the side where all Discussions are listed,

Scroll down to

Oh the Absurdity

You will see

Ready For The Special Room

Click on latest and get ready for lots of reading and I would suggest a box of tissue handy because we are nutso

Hope this helps Annemaree1

Randu head nut of The Special Room

• Edited December 23, 2019 2:32 pm  by  Randytb
PTG (anotherPTG)

Dec-23

I trudge back up to the Tea Room after scrubbing myself all over with soap and water to get the odour of hemlock off my body.

As I reach the door I detect a movement in the undergrowth and a scruffy litlle dog comes up to me sniffing away.

I look at him; he looks at me and gives a loud ACHOOO!!!

I swear he is laughing as he shakes his head and points me downwards back to the moat!

CURSES!!

The moat water is now very soupy and VERY cold as I attempt to get even cleaner

Eventually I crawl back up to the Tea Room door clutching my soggy wet towel  and fall on the canine.

At this moment of time I am prepared to throttle it , whether Charlie can hear my thoughts or not on the matter!

Then the Tea Room door  opens for me to  pass though shivering with cold

But before I could enter I am enveloped in a pristine white huggie jacket and warm cloak .

I plonk myself down on the nearest chair and take a large swig of freshly prepared hong cha!

The next mouthful is savored slowly and my sensitive taste buds inform me that all is not as it should be!

It has a strange - not taste - but odour!

Smell?

But it cannot be the hemlock as I would never have been let back into the Room.

Sipping my brew slowly I rack my brains to discover the source.

Ah! Yes! It is Oil of Swallows!?

What on earth is happening to me as the overpowering smell gets nearer and nearer?

Angel enters the room looking like a faded Amazon!

She groans and sits next to me

I feel faint and move away from her before I pass out from the smell of this strong embrocation on her!

She seems to be blissfully unaware of the effect she is having on people!

People?

But it is only me that is affected. The others, human or animal, in the Room do not notice this pong!

In fact the Cap'n is holding a large tub of it in his hand and explaining that it will also soothe her aches and pains from the rigors of her training.

I quietly move away and sit outside to reflect on what has just happened

Is my sense of smell so sensitive that it can detect odors not noticed by the others?

Can this be used to our advantage as I am sure that none of our foes  smell sweet!

I must have a chat with the Cap'n

TROUBLE COMES BARRELING INTO THE BARN TO REPORT THAT PTG HAS PASSED THE STINK TEST AND IS NOW BACK IN THE TEA ROOM.   GOOD BOY AND GIVE HIM A TID BIT FOR HIS GOOD JOB.   NOW BACK ON PATROL,  CATCH AND BRING IN THE SOCKS, TREES, SNOWMEN.    IF YOU DO A GOOD JOB AND STAY OUT OF TROUBLE I WILL SEE THAT YOU GET A NICE MEATY BONE FOR YOUR SUPPER.   HE DANCES AROUND THEN SHOOTS OUT THE BARN DOOR.   

I SHAKE MY HEAD AND CHUCKLE,  HOPE THAT BOY GROWS UP SOON AND GETS SOME SENSE AND LEARNS TO STAY OUT OF TROUBLE. 

I GO BACK TO MAKING SURE EVERYONE HAS FOOD AND WATER FOR THE NIGHT.    I OPEN MY AMULET TO KATT AND OPAL,   THE ELVES AND I WILL BE IN FOR SUPPER,  AND DO YOU THINK YOU CAN FIND ENOUGH MEATY BONES FOR THE DOGS THEY HAVE ALL BEEN WORKING HARD TO KEEP THE FLYING OBJECTS AWAY FROM THE TEA ROOM.  CAN YOU THINK OF SOMETHING SPECIAL FOR THE CATS THEY HAVE WORKED JUST AS HARD.   DO YOU HAVE ANY OF THOSE FISH LEFT THEY WERE EVERYWHERE FOR AWHILE.  I HAD THE CATS AND DOG GET ALL THE LIVE ONES THEY FOUND INTO THE MOAT FOR ELLIE AND BROOD.  I KNOW THE CATS FEASTED ON SOME OF THE OTHERS.  

I GOT A CALL FROM MY LOOKOUTS THAT A PACKAGE HAD BEEN DELIVERED TO THE TEA ROOM.  THE MAN HAD SET IT DOWN EYED THE LOOKOUTS, TURNED WHITE AND SCURRIED AWAY.   I HURRIED TO THE FRONT DOOR LOOKED AT IT,  SO THE ALCHEMIST HAD GOTTEN IT DONE.  HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH THE BOTTLES AND NONE HAD BROKEN.  I HURRIED TO THE BARN WITH IT.  MUST GET IT CHECKED OUT AND WRAPPED FOR ROO.  

PTG, KATT, OPAL, AND THE CAP'S WERE DONE.   HOPE THE CAP GOT ANGEL'S  THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD, HELP WITH A GIFT.   I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE ADDED TO IT.   I OPENED AND CHECKED THE BOTTLES, THEY SEEMED TO ALL BE THERE AND NONE WERE BROKEN OR EVEN CRACKED.   IF THIS WORKS AND ROO LIKE IT I MAY ,  WELL I WILL THINK ON THAT NEXT YEAR.  STILL HAVE TO GET IT WRAPPED AND UNDER THE TREE.