Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

My puzzle hack, or how to put those jigsaws together quickly   Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice

Started 7/31/18 by Brad the Impala (OtterQueen); 6678 views.

I love jigsaw puzzles, but putting the same simple ones together over and over again gets a bit tedious.  Just give me the items I need!  Anyway, I don't know if anyone else has already posted this method, but here's how I do it.  I went slowly to show the steps, and it took just over a minute to complete.  (Video link below.)  The description may seem confusing at first, but it all becomes clear when you watch the video.

https://vimeo.com/282577627

I realized that the puzzle pieces like to "glom on" to each other, so you really just need to get them near each other. First put them in a 3 x 3 grid:
top left corner, top edge pieces, top right corner
left edge pieces, center pieces, right edge pieces
bottom left corner, bottom edge pieces, bottom right corner

After doing this, you should have 12 pieces/groups rather than 30 individual pieces. It's very easy to finish arranging them at this point. Or, to get even fancier, you can drag a corner piece, dropping the trailing edge near the leading edge of the rest of the stack - continue for the top, center, and bottom sections.

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

7/31/18

I hate jigsaw puzzles. Very rarely play them on MC because it is so tedious doing them all the time. I wish that you only had to do them once, then could go in and play the game each time without having to put them together again.

Nona (Waldmeister)

7/31/18

I wish we only had to do the puzzles and not put up with that little smirking nuisance.

Nona (Waldmeister)

7/31/18

Yeah. He looks like one of those child sociopaths out of movies. Everytime he smiles at me with these big blue eyes wide open I think: Serial Killer! He lets even Chucky look cute, well almost.

mmpendo

7/31/18

Brad the Impala (OtterQueen) said:

I love jigsaw puzzles, but putting the same simple ones together over and over again gets a bit tedious.

I didn't realize you could re do puzzles for profit. Thanks. Another chore to add to my castle maintenance but hey I need items.

Thanks Brad for bringing this to my attention.

Nona (Waldmeister)

7/31/18

Keep in my mind though that any item you win can only be selected again after the cooldown.

My wish is that the developers would put in a "solve puzzle" option.  You would have to do the puzzles at least once, but after that you could choose to skip doing the puzzle by clicking on a "solve puzzle" icon.  Then you would go on to dealing with the boy with the sh**a** grin.  Just a thought...….

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

8/1/18

Good suggestion. That would work for both puzzle lovers and puzzle haters.