Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PC Friends   Friends

Started 4/17/18 by TinyFaerie; 180333 views.
In reply toRe: msg 851
SirePeteS

Sep-25

Hey there! Just me, again. Still thanking all for massive help. I'm moving along nicely (I think). Not needing  much. I've slowed the pace so to have time for looking around and learning more. I see a new 'wrinkle' though. I don't know about this. A bubble popped-up with the number 26 [like level 26] but there is also '10000' and a grayed check mark. Am I supposed to do something with this?

katiek2

Sep-26

It sounds as though you need to open an hidden object scene with 10,000 coins, although the fact that the check mark is grayed out might indicate that you need to do something else first.  Hope someone else comes along and can give a more complete answer.

SirePeteS

Sep-26

Thanks for your response. I suppose, in this instance, ignorance-is-bliss. I did nothing differently. Kept to my slow progress. Eventually got to Level 26 and there seemed to be no effect nor anything not expected. Did get to read more in the the 'Guide'. There was an entry about unlocking. Thinking I encountered that situation.

SharpEye1

Sep-26

Yes, you did encounter that situation.  When it is greyed out, it usually means you don't have enough coins yet (10,000 in this case) to open that area (level up).  You will see this throughout the game, which is why you need many, many more coins as you will keep seeing areas to open, either to level up or open new HOS scenes.  Every where you turn, you will be spending coins (like to also craft items in the lab).  This is why everyone says do the rounds, do the rounds, do the rounds.  And, this is why we love special events when coins are more plentiful!

Ada

SirePeteS

Sep-27

Got to experience a new segment. Had begun in Level 26 & thought the bubble would be no big deal. My mistake! Got to 'something' directing me to unlock CHAPEL - cost 10,000 coins. Then shortly after had to do something like GRAND ALTAR - cost another 5,000 coins. Fortunately I had a bit over 30,000 coins built; got past these things. Not much coinnage remains. Have to figure how/where/when to get more coins. Still learning!

SharpEye1

Sep-27

Yes, the alter and such are the new HOS scenes I explained in my previous post for (5000 coins).  There will be many, many more of those to come, along with the cost of opening new areas (leveling up).  Glad I convinced you to put the egg on your wish list.  Friends here are very generous.  And, no worries, we were once in your boat and friends helped us so now we enjoy paying it forward! Hope some things were made more clear for you when we spoke today. Ada heart_eyes

SirePeteS

Sep-28

Posting this in response to SharpEye1. I expect others may see this as well.  Would like to get response/input from as broadly as available. Have discovered/explored something seemingly so innocent and workable. I am wondering about being short-sighted and venturing into something that may return to haunt me. Being new to MC, I am currently low in coins & resources to keep a pace. I like to try 'inventive' solutions when facing problems. In my current instance, discovered several HOS directing me to situations requiring large coinnage to continue; kinda stopped my progress. I then tried an alternative. I went to the 'Puzzle'. Began to 'play'. There I could select three items I wished for. At the time I faced the lad hiding things in hands, I have been able to select (luckily, maybe) he correct hands and 'win' the items I wanted. Back at the main screen I now have credit for those items in inventory and have not needed to expense the huge coins, etc. I have searched discussions (didn't read every message, of course) - have not seen anything about this action. Again, I am wondering about this and whether it will be a hindrance in my future endeavors?

RavenofGA

Sep-28

I'll send you an invite from Raven of Ga.  Lost my game back in March and am still trying to get friends.  I'm on level 37 after falling from level 90 (?).

RavenofGA

Sep-28

Sending you an invite from Raven of Ga.

SharpEye1

Sep-28

Hi Pete--The puzzles are another avenue for getting items you need.  Of course, you don't always win, which is the rub.  There is also the value of items which determine first, second or third place .  I have added AEGram and Dot here so they can direct you to the info on the puzzles. Ada