Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PC Friends   Friends

Started 4/17/18 by TinyFaerie; 190949 views.
SirePeteS

Sep-27

Got to experience a new segment. Had begun in Level 26 & thought the bubble would be no big deal. My mistake! Got to 'something' directing me to unlock CHAPEL - cost 10,000 coins. Then shortly after had to do something like GRAND ALTAR - cost another 5,000 coins. Fortunately I had a bit over 30,000 coins built; got past these things. Not much coinnage remains. Have to figure how/where/when to get more coins. Still learning!

SharpEye1

Sep-27

Yes, the alter and such are the new HOS scenes I explained in my previous post for (5000 coins).  There will be many, many more of those to come, along with the cost of opening new areas (leveling up).  Glad I convinced you to put the egg on your wish list.  Friends here are very generous.  And, no worries, we were once in your boat and friends helped us so now we enjoy paying it forward! Hope some things were made more clear for you when we spoke today. Ada heart_eyes

SirePeteS

Sep-28

Posting this in response to SharpEye1. I expect others may see this as well.  Would like to get response/input from as broadly as available. Have discovered/explored something seemingly so innocent and workable. I am wondering about being short-sighted and venturing into something that may return to haunt me. Being new to MC, I am currently low in coins & resources to keep a pace. I like to try 'inventive' solutions when facing problems. In my current instance, discovered several HOS directing me to situations requiring large coinnage to continue; kinda stopped my progress. I then tried an alternative. I went to the 'Puzzle'. Began to 'play'. There I could select three items I wished for. At the time I faced the lad hiding things in hands, I have been able to select (luckily, maybe) he correct hands and 'win' the items I wanted. Back at the main screen I now have credit for those items in inventory and have not needed to expense the huge coins, etc. I have searched discussions (didn't read every message, of course) - have not seen anything about this action. Again, I am wondering about this and whether it will be a hindrance in my future endeavors?

RavenofGA

Sep-28

I'll send you an invite from Raven of Ga.  Lost my game back in March and am still trying to get friends.  I'm on level 37 after falling from level 90 (?).

RavenofGA

Sep-28

Sending you an invite from Raven of Ga.

SharpEye1

Sep-28

Hi Pete--The puzzles are another avenue for getting items you need.  Of course, you don't always win, which is the rub.  There is also the value of items which determine first, second or third place .  I have added AEGram and Dot here so they can direct you to the info on the puzzles. Ada

LvlSlgr

Sep-29

Hello SirePeteS! About the jigsaw puzzles ... yes, they can help out in a pinch to get inventory you need or even to increase your coins. Some of the eggs are worth 5000 (panda, phoenix, squirrel) and if you get one of those you can always sell it. However, as someone else pointed out the objects you select are arranged in lowest to highest value in the game with the young lad.

I know I tend to find working the jigsaw puzzles both boring and tedious and can tire of them quickly. However, we have another player who has generously shared a faster method for working the puzzles. I didn't see where anyone pointed this out and the thread was pretty much buried in the "Tips, Tricks, Guides and Advice" folder. I found it and bumped it up so it can be seen quickly. The thread is "My puzzle hack, or how to put those jigsaws together quickly" and you go find it quickly by clicking here.

Thank you to Brad the Impala for the very helpful hack.

• Edited September 29, 2019 3:41 pm  by  LvlSlgr
AEGram

Sep-29

SirePeteS said:

Again, I am wondering about this and whether it will be a hindrance in my future endeavors?

Indeed, one can put needed items in the puzzle slots for winning. And, winning those items can also hurry your progress through the game. However, eventually it will come back to bite you if you rely heavily on the puzzles and the pet chests to get your needed items.

Getting items from pet chests and puzzles give you just that....the item.....going to an HOS to get the item will also result in you getting an airship item, possible pet food (needed to actually feed the pets to get the items you want), or possible stamps (much needed for crafting all the things the game requires).

Sometimes, a character may ask you to give him/her a crafted item 3x. If you have absolutely zero of those items, (and most of the crafted items have 3 inventory items in addition to a certain amount of stamps and coins).....but, if you now need 3 of each of the items, you need to go to the associated locations 3x to get those items. If they're HOSs, there is the cooldown issue to deal with. So.....best practice is to visit the HOSs....play ALL OTHER AVAILABLE HOSs until those needed have cooled down....enter, get items, play rounds, etc. ....enter for the final set of items. 

In so doing, you have earned a plethora of stamps and pet food, plus coins for completing the HOS, along with the items you need. Players who follow this practice will never run out of any type of stamp (unless they are also using those stamps to craft for profit). So, lack of stamps will never be a hindrance to progressing in the game.

It takes more time.....it is far more tedious than just getting the item from the puzzle or pet. But, it's a far smarter way to play. And, for those players who are in a hurry to get to max end, who are bored with the tedious doing of the rounds.....those players will be even more bored once they reach the content end and have no more character quests to break up the tedious rounds.

Obviously, then, there is the balance to be met.....play the puzzles and feed pets to get SOME of your items.....but, don't use that method exclusively to advance in the game. 

CC to SharpEye1
  • Edited September 29, 2019 9:47 pm  by  AEGram
SirePeteS

Sep-29

Thank you and others for the advice, input & guidance. I don't consider the puzzles tedious or boring, for now. Perhaps as I progress and become more comfortable in the game that may become the situation. I have, though, opted to slow the pace I was on. Discovered there are some really beautiful graphics and perhaps in my haste I had been not looking. I  now want to look around more. I don't have any target or time-limitation so I can play, wait and savor more. Still reading through the guide, Tips & Tricks.