Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Song Title Chain Game   Fun and Games

Started 11/10/18 by mdpetdoc; 709083 views.
KatieAn56

9/25/19

Another Bridge to Burn - Waylon Jennings

KatieAn56

9/25/19

Burning Love- Elvis Presley

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

9/25/19

never gonna leave this bed - maroon 5

Msg 1282.8046 deleted
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

9/26/19

OK, I believe we agreed single to compound words (or vice versa) don't fit the Rules.

For example, Table to Tabletop wouldn't be appropriate. Down to Downtown wouldn't be appropriate.

So, Bed to Bedpost is too much of a stretch.

From Bed to Beds, Bedded (verb), Bedding (verb) would fit. But Bedding as a noun wouldn't?   

But I think after Bedding (verb) was posted, then maybe Bedding (noun) WOULD fit?  The Rules say something about words with the same spelling but with different meanings and/or pronunciation ARE acceptable.

Like Polish (i.e. citizen of Poland or the sausage) to Polish (i.e. buffing compoung/the act of that buffing/nail lacquer)

Maybe Doc can chime in . . .

CC to mdpetdoc
mdpetdoc

9/26/19

Transitioning to a compound word wouldn't fit the rules. Bed to Beds is acceptable. Since the original word bed could be a noun or a verb, bedding in both uses would be acceptable. Because English is not the first language for many here, I wouldn't quibble about a switch in part of speech.