Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Personal Achievements to Celebrate   Achievements and Musings

Started 4/21/18 by Amethyst2066 (Amethyst66B); 84104 views.
KatieAn56

12/3/19

Thank you! Isn't it great to look at the decorations and think of all the good memories? My mom was a "collector" precious moments, barbies, Campbell soup decorations to name a few and quite a few other things.  Her tree was a cornucopia of decorations. When she passed we had over 20 boxes of just decorations to go thru, not counting all her other collectibles.  Her whole house was full of things she collected.  She collected dolls and paperdolls, too.  When I would go shopping and was looking for a particular doll the sales person would ask how old the "little" girl it was for was.  I would laugh and say 60 all the way up to her 80s.  They just looked at me like I was crazy.  Then I would explain it was for my momma who collected them.  blush

What nice memories! Going through her collection must have been like a treasure hunt!

KatieAn56

12/4/19

It was both sad (because she was gone) and delightful. My Momma had written the name and date of the person who gave her things on each item.  We (my 3 siblings and I) would remember stories of when she got something or things she had told us about her collectibles.  She was very particular about decorating her tree.  She insisted she do it all as each ornament had it's on space on her tree.  If you dare to put one on there, she would wait until she thought you weren't looking then put it where she wanted it.  (This was after all four of us were grown and living on our own) When we were young, we helped decorate the tree.If I said I wasn't putting up a tree (I live at the end of a dead end street) because no one would see it (you can't drive by my house) she would tell me I decorated the tree for me, not others. And I do love looking at my tree and thinking of momma and my sister. It's funny, if someone helps me decorate the tree I find myself sometimes re-doing the placement of the ornaments and I think, oh, that's what Momma used to do.

• Edited December 4, 2019 10:42 am  by  KatieAn56
misstracy22

12/4/19

Just reading your post. 
We don’t have any children. So putting up and decorating The fir tree is a time we have together. Working on something together. We have collected and have been given our decorations/memories from holidays, family and friends. 
My beloved puts the ornaments on the tree after I’ve unwrapped them. When I pick one from the box, I unwrap from the tissue paper. Say something, sometimes about who, maybe where and when we got. He then picks it up and looks at it. I can see and hear from the comments about it. We are sharing the same memories. Something so precious, that we have been allowed to share for another time, such a little time.

So thank you for bringing these memories back to us. By you sharing yours. 

P.S. he allows me to move some of the ornaments....it just wouldn’t be right, if he didn’t and I didn’t. 

Thank you, Tracy evergreen_tree

KatieAn56

12/4/19

I love reading your posts.  You are so funny, so helpful and so caring.  I have no beloved so I do all the decorating.  But, it still brings back good memories.  Happy to share with you. I wrap mine in tissue paper, too.  I have an ornament my Momma gave me in 1974.  I double wrap it as it is blown glass she purchased in Tennessee.  

I am glad he allows you to move some of the ornaments LOL!!  I decorate, look, re-decorate.  Next day, wait that needs to go here so it takes a few days to get all the decorations exactly where I want them.  

You're Welcome, Kate heart

misstracy22

12/5/19

Do you think, there are more people like us, who move the ornaments around for a few days. Or is it just a handful of .....

Thank you, your post are the same to me. I love reading them. 

Take care as always, Tracyfish

KatieAn56

12/5/19

There are probably a lot more like us.  I know both kinds, those who put it up that's it and those who take several days to get it just right. wink

Keep on keeping on-Kate

Di (amina046)

12/7/19

Great job! You go girl. blush

KatieAn56

12/8/19

Thanks Di...I am going LOL!!

datsalotta

12/9/19

WooHoo - got your Little Elephant. He takes a while to win. Congrats. Your were really busy in the FE and got so much done. Next FE will go easier as a result.

datsalotta