Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friends of TinyFaerie   Friends

Started 2/15/19 by TinyFaerie; 13586 views.
mmpendo

3/8/19

Dhyani (Dhyaniland) said:

We don't know the manufacturer of her Laptop's resident RAM yet.

If you go to internet, put in name brand and model # of TF laptop and download and read brief owner's manual, it will tell you what's there and how many available slots.

Used RAM are cheap and are readily available most places.Now taking the bottom off a laptop needs a very small Phillips? (or slotted) screwdriver. But it's do-able for anyone.

Then there is my best friend 'YouTube' who will guide you step by step.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

3/9/19

Here's the deal:

The original specs for her device was 2GB of RAM. Two slots,  upgradeable to 8GB.

Her Laptop was Refurbished, and came to her with 3GB of RAM. 

Soooooo ~ it looks like the charitable organization (or the original owner?) swapped out one of the 1GB RAM sticks with a 2GB RAM stick.

It could even have a different hard drive from the original specs.

As soon as TF gets a tiny phillips screwdriver, she will pop the case and see what's actually inside.

Not sure if they removed the old thermal paste & reapplied a fresh layer while they refurbished this old Laptop.  I like Arctic Silver.

What thermal paste do you use???

mmpendo

3/9/19

So OK. The most cost effective way to trouble shoot this is to replace the 1 G  memory stick with a compatible 2G stick. Should cost next to nothing.

4G is enough to run pretty much most games.

As for thermal paste, near as we know that is used to attach new fan to mother board to isolate heat transfer. Not applicable here.

Would be happy to hear more input.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

3/9/19

ARGHHH!  Now TF is having connection problems with her Laptop, so she can't get into MC at all.

We'll try again tomorrow when we're fresh.

Keep you fingers, legs and eyes crossed!

XXOO ~ Dhyani

TinyFaerie
Staff

3/11/19

WEll I went and bought a wifi adapter so I am online again. My son said he may have one so good change this one will be returned.

Dhyani and I will work on getting this going so I will leave my wish list down for now.

In reply toRe: msg 30
TinyFaerie
Staff

3/13/19

Update:

So I was able to take the 2gig ram from my old computer and trade the 1 gig on my newer computer and it WORKED!!!!!!

My game is playing at normal speed so got that done and over.

My eternal gratitude to Dhyani for being my tech support adviser and helping me get this thing going again.

SharpEye1

3/13/19

Congrats, my friend!  At least you know what she's talking about in order to get that accomplished!  Unlike me, who understands nothing, so requires a ton of patience, which Dhyani has to the max!  She is a God send! heart_eyes

TLB2 (nvrsdiwsgd)

3/13/19

That's great news! Welcome back!

LvlSlgr

3/13/19

That's great news, TF!

That's wonderful news!  Very good thing you still had your old computer.  I recycled mine, but I wish I had gutted it first.  Good thinking!