Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

WINDOWS 10 May Update   Technical Issues

Started Apr-24 by Di (amina046); 3434 views.
In reply toRe: msg 26
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Jun-10

GOOD NEWS! Dad's Win10 Home  received the 1903 Feature Update and it installed a few minutes ago WITHOUT A HITCH!!!

Well, I did have to turn OFF Metered Connection, but I did NOT unplug his USB External Hard Drive.

So, the connected USB Drive 'protection' against this 1903 Feature Update wasn't a deterrent.  M$ must have fixed that weird bug that reassigned the Drive Letter of a connected USB Drive/SD Card.

My 2 Win10 Pro Laptops are still awaiting 1903 to hit.

In reply toRe: msg 27
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

Jun-25

1903, FINALLY, successfully Updated on ONE of my two identical Lenovo Win 10 Pro Laptops.  Had to hunt around and Update the Bluetooth Driver, the Intel Graphics Drivers and, WIFI Drivers from their respective Manufacturers, 'cuz Lenovo didn't test 1903 and wouldn't be Updating these Drivers for my 2015 Model(s), and M$ recommended doing it myself.

What a pain in the arse!

Anyway, the 1903 Update changed my Desktop Backgrounds on EACH User (5 of them), so had to manually change those AND my Sign-In Screens on EACH User were BLURRY.

Apparently, if you Sign-In with a M$ Account, there is a link? to the Settings? to fix the blurry issue.  I don't and won't have a M$ Account.  So, the easiest (and the ultimately successful method of several I tried) to fix the blurry Sign-In/Lock Screen is:

PC Settings\Personalization\Colors . . . then Turn OFF Transparency. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-sign-screen-acrylic-blur-effect-windows-10

Now 1903 is Downloading on the Laptop with Dhy through Wormy.  Eight Users on that one.  This will take 3ish hours, or more, so I think I'll go pull weeds in the yard.  Our whole property is gravel (no grass, but raised planting beds) so this in an ongoing task.  That's not true, we have a 20 foot drop off at the back that has no gravel.   Dad and I have both tumbled down that bitch too many times, so now we hire a spry neighbor kid to weed whack it.  I SOOOOOO want to terrace it and put in stairs/railings.

FIVE HOURS later, Dhy through Wormy's Laptop is all Updated to 1903, Desktop Backgrounds & Blurry Sign-In/Lock Screens and MC Games/Gifting DONE!!!!

Now . . . back to the weeds, then a well-deserved nap.  WHEW!!!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom