Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Update again   Technical Issues

Started Jun-13 by Penelope1947; 2288 views.
In reply toRe: msg 8
mdpetdoc

Jun-16

Did you try uninstalling the game manager and downloading it from BFG website? 

PCGRAM

Jun-16

I've been afraid to!  It just shouldn't have to be that way.  I'm getting tired of having to solve their problems.  Maybe I'll do it later when I'm not as steamed as I am now!  Thanks for the reply, I may have to bite the bullet!

mdpetdoc

Jun-16

You're not uninstalling your game - just the game manager. Your version may need to be updated. They did a complete revamp of their website June 11. 

PCGRAM

Jun-16

I re-installed Game Manager but that did not do the trick so I bit the bullet and uninstalled and re-installed the actual game.  It took about 2 1/2 hours to load but it did and I did not lose any progress or friends.  I just wish I knew what the purpose was!  It just seemed to hang up games that were working fine and not change a darn thing in the game.  Oh well, perhaps that is part of the challenge of storming the Castle.  Thank you for your suggestion.  Maybe re-installing Game Manager and the game had to work in tandem for me!

mdpetdoc

Jun-16

Hooray! I'm glad your game is working again.

Since BFG has stated that the update was to fix performance issues, it could be an attempt to reduce game loss during updates. move all the games to a new server, correct the fuzzy look to some of the HOS after the last update, or fix another problem that we can't see. Since the game manager and game work in tandem, it is very possible that the solution involves both. 

And what a complete mess it is!

When did BF make any sort of statement? And where?

mdpetdoc

Jun-17

Mary Cricket posted it in several threads with permission of the original poster from Facebook. 

BJApple

Jun-17

It is in the technical thread titled latest update toward the end.

Sorry, but I do not see a thread titled "latest update"