Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friends of Dhyani, etc. Out for 1 Week++   Friends

Started 8/2/19 by Dhyani (Dhyaniland); 3087 views.
Theo (TheoMC)

8/10/19

Wow!!!! Miracles do happen after all!!! Fingers crossed for tomorrow!!! winkkissing_heart

LvlSlgr

8/10/19

Dhyani (Dhyaniland) said:

I sure hope, when I lose the few brain cells I have left, that I don't turn into my Father.

I understand this completely. My sister and I are definitely afraid we're both going to end up just like Mom. I keep telling my kids, "Don't let me get like her." By this I mean - tell me if I start to get mean and put a stop to it.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

8/12/19

There should have been a pamphlet for us Boomers waaay back in Grade School entitled "Here's What You Can Look Forward To . . .  Brace Yourself"

*sigh*

On the upside, and dare I commit this to words? ~ Dad has been a completely different person for the past THREE days.  Compliant, loving, complimentary, compassionate, funny, etc. I LIKE this version of him!!!

Hope this sticks!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

Theo (TheoMC)

8/13/19

That is soooooo cool!!! Are you sure he didn't fall down the hill again and hit his head?? Keeping my fingers crossed!!!!

Suenamie5

8/16/19

You are an amazing person Dhyani.  I was a caregiver for 7 years to my ex who wore diapers and I know it's a rough job.  Your Dad sounds awfully challenging though!!  I'm glad there are times when he realizes how blessed he is to have you???.

I have an anxiety disorder too.  I also have many other health issues so I know it takes a lot to care for others when you have rough days of your own.  Sounds like you have a very full plate in life!!  

I have mad respect for you girl!!

Your friend, 

Sue

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

8/16/19

To my UTTER amazement & delight, Dad is STILL being the best version of himself.   It's been a week, I think.  Time is a blurrrrrrrrrrr.

He's forgetting more, but is more accepting of it . . . and making jokes about HIMSELF!  He lost his partial denture but didn't tell me for a couple of days, so I sifted through several bags of garbage. Nope.  I've turned the whole house upside down looking for it.  Then today HE FOUND IT IN HIS SHOE!  

But we laughed, I sterilized it and I didn't even call him a jackass.

Am I dreaming?  Don't pinch me ~ I don't want to wake up :)

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom

Theo (TheoMC)

8/16/19

WOOHOO!!!! Time for confetti, fanfare, parade!!

That is really an incredible change!! Party time!! (a silent one I promise, don't want to wake anybody up!!)

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!! You deserve it!! heartpulse

Suenamie5

8/17/19

I'm glad he's being so nice and treating you better!!  You certainly work hard taking care of him!

My hats off to you,

Sue

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

8/17/19

Oh Dhyani, my heart breaks for you that you have to put up with all this. You are such a helpful, wonderful person. 

I have elderly sick parents as well who I spend a lot of time running around after, but they are always so grateful for everything I do for them, even if it is just popping in to say hi. I can't imagine what it would be like trying to cope with what you do. 

Good luck and hope everything is still going smoothly.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

8/17/19

Thanks!  Sadly, my/our situation is NOT unique.

BUT . . . I think this is the TENTH day in a row that Dear Old Dad has been a delight!  

Which means . . . I haven't been a reactionary dick.  I'm sleeping muuuuuch better, not a hint of a migraine, and have started singing again.  Not in public, but doing my vocal exercises again, cuz I'm a bit rusty.  

When the weather turns to crap in Fall, and Dad's inside more, hopefully I can get away here and there and guest in with a few local musicians who have been begging me to gig with them for years.  Haven't touched the piano or guitar for years, other than to dust them.  Until recently, I have been slamming doors alot, ahem ~ getting my percussive ya ya's out! I don't give a hoot about being paid, I just want to have some FUN!!! 

Being so severely under-socialized for so long (and I know I've posted it before, but it makes me laugh in a sad but true way):

Being sort of feral for so long, I must remember . . .  NO PLATE LICKIN' OR NOSE PICKIN' IN PUBLIC!!!

XXOO ~ Dhyaniboom