Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friends of Meek again. on PC   Technical Issues

Started 8/14/19 by MeekMonkey; 3218 views.

I'm so sorry to hear that this has happened to you again.  No you're not the only one this has happened to during this event.  I have 6 other friends of mine that this has happened to but there have been others in the forum that have reported the same issue.  Some of them had a backup of their game and it didn't work when they tried to restore their game.  Here is the discussion about it:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/3357/37

So I opened my game about an hour ago and Meek (game id***245, Level 97) is still showing in my game and the private room is still available.

Cookie (GulfGuppy)

May-2

Meek, so sorry this has happened again! This crash though sounds like the one that can be restored in full except for friends. My TopCat game, like Tammy, can see your friend/avatar and private room. That should just mean a transfer of old ID to new ID.

In the other type of crash with the "problem saving" message, friends just disappeared altogether and you couldn't even find their ID in the search.

I hope you continue. Even though TopCat is purposely not at a high level yet, Meek has been one of her first and most faithful friends :)

marrii

May-2

In all my crashes I have never lost the friends list.  The game just resets to the beginning losing everything but the friends.

Cookie (GulfGuppy)

May-2

Have you opened your game and checked the ID? I have experienced 2 types of crashes: One had the save message and reset to level 1 but kept the same ID and all friends; the other reset to level 1, no friends and a new ID. On the second type I was able to have them transfer my old ID game to the new ID. Kept all achievements, avatars, pets, completed puzzles, coins, diamonds...just had to re-invite friends.

Maybe worth a try? I totally understand, though :(

marrii

May-2

ID has always remained the same. 

Cookie (GulfGuppy)

May-2

Well, rats! Was hoping for something different :(

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

May-14

Are you making a Backup of the ENTIRE Elephant Games folder that 'lives' in AppData\Roaming? THAT is your MC 'progress.' 

If you are Backing that up DAILY, you MUST Rename the Backup (I Rename mine like: Elephant Games Dhyani May 13) 

Otherwise one of your Backups will try to overwrite a previous one (if you're saving them to the same location) and I've had BAAAAAAD results with that. 

Be sure to REMOVE the wonky Elephant Games folder from AppData\Roaming BEFORE swapping your Backup to AppData\Roaming.

And remember to Edit out whatever suffix you added to your Backup so it ONLY says Elephant Games when you swap, otherwise the MC 'Shell' won't recognize it and the Restore won't work.

-----------

Or are you making a Backup of the Midnight Castle folder that 'lives' in Program Files (x86)???  THAT is the 'Shell' of the MC Game, specifically NOT your MC 'progress.'

It's no secret, darlin', but it CAN be confusing.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

marrii

May-14

I've backed up my file on a different drive.  I delete my crashed file and replace it with the backup.  As long as the file has my same ID, the game overwrites and sends me back to the beginning,  Just to check what I was doing, I deleted the file again and used the file info from one of my laptops. The game opened with laptop ID and game level.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

May-14

So you're Game is back up to the correct Level now?????

marrii

May-14

No. It overwrites the file that was at level 86 and goes back to beginning.