Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Friends of Meek again. on PC   Technical Issues

Started 8/14/19 by MeekMonkey; 3246 views.
Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

May-14

Are you making a Backup of the ENTIRE Elephant Games folder that 'lives' in AppData\Roaming? THAT is your MC 'progress.' 

If you are Backing that up DAILY, you MUST Rename the Backup (I Rename mine like: Elephant Games Dhyani May 13) 

Otherwise one of your Backups will try to overwrite a previous one (if you're saving them to the same location) and I've had BAAAAAAD results with that. 

Be sure to REMOVE the wonky Elephant Games folder from AppData\Roaming BEFORE swapping your Backup to AppData\Roaming.

And remember to Edit out whatever suffix you added to your Backup so it ONLY says Elephant Games when you swap, otherwise the MC 'Shell' won't recognize it and the Restore won't work.

-----------

Or are you making a Backup of the Midnight Castle folder that 'lives' in Program Files (x86)???  THAT is the 'Shell' of the MC Game, specifically NOT your MC 'progress.'

It's no secret, darlin', but it CAN be confusing.

XXOO ~ Dhyani

marrii

May-14

I've backed up my file on a different drive.  I delete my crashed file and replace it with the backup.  As long as the file has my same ID, the game overwrites and sends me back to the beginning,  Just to check what I was doing, I deleted the file again and used the file info from one of my laptops. The game opened with laptop ID and game level.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

May-14

So you're Game is back up to the correct Level now?????

marrii

May-14

No. It overwrites the file that was at level 86 and goes back to beginning.

Dhyani (Dhyaniland)

May-15

Here's a link to my post about the last time several of my Feeder Castles (that live on the same Laptop) loaded back to Level 1 with their correct Game ID's.  A corrupt Game Manager was the culprit.

https://forums.delphiforums.com/midnightcastle/messages/3218/1

So, try Uninstalling Game Manager, Restarting your device.  Uninstall MC, Restart your Device.

Then try swapping your last known GOOD backup.  Launch MC.

If that doesn't work, then the culprit is likely the residual wonky Game Manager residual file in the Registry.  

Are you Techy enough to tinker with your Registry?  I am . . . but iObit Uninstall is faster.  But be attentive if you download/install it . . .  iObit will offer other software you may not want, so you have to Skip or Uncheck a Box to avoid the other crap they offer.

You are running Win 10, right??? 

Sent you a PM.

Tannie2018

May-15

Meek, I am one of your game friends. We use to trade the Ice Breath daily, but not so much any more. Keep us posted about your restoration so that we can add you back as a friend when you get a new ID number. Best wishes.