Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another recipe   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/3/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 32378 views.
chilpep

7/14/18

Very true.  Will be trying it tomorrow with pork.  Thanks

How was it with the pork? I've never tried it (allergic). It didn't turn out greasy, did it? Most pork has so much fat in it…

chilpep

7/17/18

Hate when allergies stop you from eating stuff.  unamusedIt worked out great, not greasy at all.  Cut some of the fat out of the pork and sautéed in minimal grease.  Will make it again.  Also worked well with frozen tomatillos.

• Edited July 17, 2018 12:00 pm  by  chilpep
In reply toRe: msg 158
Di (amina046)

7/25/18

The perfectly cooked egg

1. Place a single layer of raw eggs in the bottom of a medium or large saucepan. Fill the pan with water to about 2 inches over the eggs.
  2. Place the pan on high heat. Bring to a boil. Remove the pan from the heat. Cover, and let the eggs stand for 12 minutes.
  3. Run the eggs under cold water or place in an ice bath to cool. Peel the hard-boiled eggs, and enjoy.
  4. Whether you want a completely cooked boiled egg or a slightly softer boiled egg, use this trusted timeline:

Soft-boiled egg (slightly runny center)

Let the eggs sit in the water after it comes to a boil for 4 to 5 minutes.

Slightly firmer yolk (custard-like texture)

Leave the eggs in the water for 6 minutes.

Firm yolk (still a bit creamy with some liquid)

Leave the eggs in the water for 10 minutes.

Completely hard-boiled egg (for deviled eggs or egg salad)

Leave the eggs in the water for 12 minutes.

How long do hard-boiled eggs last in the refrigerator? You can safely refrigerate the eggs in their shells for one to 1½ weeks.

This is how I do it, although I use just enough water to cover the eggs - works every time. You don't get cracked/leaking eggs, either. I use a 2-quart saucepan & 8 eggs fit perfectly. 

The ice bath isn't necessary if you want them hard-boiled - you can just let them cool in the cooking water. But if you want them less done, you have to stop the cooking process with the quick cooldown.

Dont forget to salt the water! 

CindyK65

7/26/18

If you set your egg carton on its side for at least 20 minutes, the yolks will be centered better for deviled eggs. I add vinegar to,the water instead of salt. This works better for me if an egg is cracked.

Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

Frozen? OMG - you can get them Frozen?

That would make experimenting easier... now if I can just find them up hear in the North

chilpep

8/6/18

Sorry.  Actually they were fresh from the garden.  Had so many last year I was freezing regular ones and some small ones that tasted like pineapple. 

Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

Oh bummer, well I'll just keep looking

In reply toRe: msg 164

Always make me laugh when people say 'he can't boil an egg' inferring sub-educated!  Boiling eggs, and cooking eggs generally is quite a skill to get to 'your' taste.

I pour a boiling kettle of water into a pan on the hob, and then using a ladle, fill the ladle with the boiling water - put an egg on the ladle then swirl the egg round, this seems to take the shock out of the shell cracking.  Then I immerse in the boiling water.  Very soft yolk 5 mins, soft to custardy 7 mins, totally boiled 9 mins.  This is for medium good quality (ie not battery farmed) sized.

In the UK we have a chicken breed called Burford Browns - £2 for six but well worth the extra money - they taste divine however you cook them.

How much are six free range eggs in the US?