Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another recipe   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/3/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 24815 views.
Nona (Waldmeister)

9/4/18

Sounds interesting - I am a bit suspicious about the cinnamon-garlic-combo. I like both spices but am not sure they work together. And how dominant is the cinnamon in your recipe? A hint would be nice but a full xmassy dose would spoil it for me.

I guess I try that one.

Have you tried pickling zucchini?

Cinnamon & garlic are common together in Indian food, especially curries. But it's in combination with many other spices - not just cinnamon & garlic. 

Actually, it's the cinnamon/thyme combination I question. 

I imagine the avos would have to be extremely firm - perhaps underripe? Or they'd "melt" into the pickling brine. 

Also, it doesn't say at what point the honey is added. It's generally not considered good to heat or cook honey - it damages it's natural preservative properties. And I would question the need to sweeten avos & red onions anyway.  But this is a totally uninformed opinion, having never tried anything remotely like pickled avos! 

To me, avos will always be all about guacamole.  

In reply toRe: msg 192
Katijay (Katijay46)

9/5/18

I  have not pickled avocados. but have noticed  some stores like Smart & Finale sale fresh avocados frozen....I haven't tried them as of yet, but plan to.....really love avocados!!...

Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

The Avocado's didn't go over well - but those grapes were REALLY good.

Ada, this one is for you - only 4 ingredients. (5 if you use the Strawberries - it doesn't need them) I just made it for a Celebration of Life and folks loved it!

No-Bake Chocolate Strawberry Ganache Tart with Chocolate Cookie Crust

https://homeiswheretheboatis.net/2017/01/25/no-bake-chocolate-strawberry-ganache-tart-with-chocolate-cookie-crust/

I made it in a sheet pan so I could cut it in small squares - worked great

CC to SharpEye1
SharpEye1

9/16/18

YUM!!  I am SO going to make this!!  Thank you, my friend, for thinking of me! heart_eyes

In reply toRe: msg 197
Staff

Got an ice cream attachment for Christmas... looking for flavor suggestions. Any fun ideas out there?

I have tried a copy cat version of Coldstone Creameries - Sweet Cream

and made a dark chocolate version with Hersey's Special Dark cocoa and oreo cookies.

Nona (Waldmeister)

1/26/19

On German TV there is a show where they devote a bit of time to trying out weird recipes found on the net. In one case it was a camembert/cranberry icecream. The chef was highly suspicious initially but to his great surprise found it to be very very tasty.

Our local icecream parlour has experimented with salty peanut. Too salty for my taste (and that of the proprietoress) as she used salted peanuts. We thought that it would be very nice with plain peanuts and a little bit of salt added seperately.

They do have a delicious peach icetea icecream on offer and another favourite is lemon/ginger.

Another parlour offers Yoghurette named after the cholate bar. It is strawberry yoghurt icecream with chocolate chips.

Staff

lol, not sure i'm ready for something that complicated

I’ll be looking for these suggestions too - my husbands boss gave him a gift certificate for Christmas & he ordered an ice cream maker with it. 

Personally, I don’t think you can go wrong with the classics -especially when you’re just starting out! Like making the very best chocolate ice cream - just the right balance of bitter chocolate to sweet. Then build on perfect chocolate. Pecan Turtle Fudge? Perfect vanilla. Tin Roof Sundae? Perfect coffee ice cream. Jamoca Almond Fudge? 

Have you ever tried Green Tea ice cream? I was surprised how much I liked it.

Ooooo, Thai Iced Coffee ice cream! 

You get the idea. Have fun experimenting! 

Elsaemerald

1/27/19

My dear husband inadvertently bought heavy cream recently (it was the same colour container as 2% milk)smile

Best way to use it was to make ice cream. Vanilla Cardamom. Ooh, that was sinfully good. smiling_imp