Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Another recipe   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/3/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 23951 views.
In reply toRe: msg 197
Kattlyn Raven (cindykat325)
Staff

Got an ice cream attachment for Christmas... looking for flavor suggestions. Any fun ideas out there?

I have tried a copy cat version of Coldstone Creameries - Sweet Cream

and made a dark chocolate version with Hersey's Special Dark cocoa and oreo cookies.

Nona (Waldmeister)

1/26/19

On German TV there is a show where they devote a bit of time to trying out weird recipes found on the net. In one case it was a camembert/cranberry icecream. The chef was highly suspicious initially but to his great surprise found it to be very very tasty.

Our local icecream parlour has experimented with salty peanut. Too salty for my taste (and that of the proprietoress) as she used salted peanuts. We thought that it would be very nice with plain peanuts and a little bit of salt added seperately.

They do have a delicious peach icetea icecream on offer and another favourite is lemon/ginger.

Another parlour offers Yoghurette named after the cholate bar. It is strawberry yoghurt icecream with chocolate chips.

Staff

lol, not sure i'm ready for something that complicated

I’ll be looking for these suggestions too - my husbands boss gave him a gift certificate for Christmas & he ordered an ice cream maker with it. 

Personally, I don’t think you can go wrong with the classics -especially when you’re just starting out! Like making the very best chocolate ice cream - just the right balance of bitter chocolate to sweet. Then build on perfect chocolate. Pecan Turtle Fudge? Perfect vanilla. Tin Roof Sundae? Perfect coffee ice cream. Jamoca Almond Fudge? 

Have you ever tried Green Tea ice cream? I was surprised how much I liked it.

Ooooo, Thai Iced Coffee ice cream! 

You get the idea. Have fun experimenting! 

Elsaemerald

1/27/19

My dear husband inadvertently bought heavy cream recently (it was the same colour container as 2% milk)smile

Best way to use it was to make ice cream. Vanilla Cardamom. Ooh, that was sinfully good. smiling_imp

I was at a Las Vegas hotel buffet, and they had lots of flavors of homemade ice cream. My favorite was jasmine green tea.

Staff

This is the recipe I've been using as a base...

In reply toRe: msg 205
P1tbull

3/10/19

Apologies if this is not wanted but just thought that as St. Patrick's Day is coming up, for any of those who celebrate it, you may be interested.

Paddy's Pudding

Makes 16 (1/2-cup) servings.

Prep Time: 10 minutes
Refrigerate Time: 1 hour

3 1/2 cups cold milk
1 teaspoon McCormick® Green Food Color
2 packages (4-serving size each) vanilla instant pudding
1 tub (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 package (18 ounces) chocolate sandwich cookies,
coarsely crushed

1. Pour milk into large bowl. Stir in food color. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended. Let stand 5 minutes. Gently stir in whipped topping.

2. Layer crushed cookies and pudding mixture in 3-quart bowl, beginning and ending with crushed cookies.

3. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Garnish as desired with shamrock candies.