Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome!!! Get your FAQs answered HERE!   Welcome!

Started 5/4/18 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 284192 views.
12Hunter

10/17/19

Hi.  So far it seems there is no resolution. Bummer.

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

10/17/19

I sent a PM to the forum's resident Guru.

Hopefully she can shed some light on the situation.

PTG (anotherPTG)

10/17/19

There are I believe now 23 of them!

Hi Hunter

I heard back from Taylor at Big Fish today. After saying he would investigate he included the following in his letter. 

"After doing some research into this, I see that this is an error that the makers of Midnight Castle are currently investigating. I'm sorry for the trouble with these Destiny Key quests. What I can do, is send along this information to the makers of Midnight Castle, and they can try putting in a fix on your game specifically, to help you get the correct quests and move along. Once we hear back from the team about what they're able to do to help, I'll be sure to reply back and let you know."

So according to him Elephant games are the ones who can help. I know some players have contacted them direct but I will wait and see what happens. I'll keep you updated. 

Norry

Hi Hunter 

I have just updated my game and the blue quests have gone. I am now able to play the storyteller cat's quests. Hope it's the same for you.

AEGram

10/18/19

Unfortunately, Hunter, several players have encountered this issue. This was not a place in the game where new content was issued, so I have no explanation for why it's happening to some players and not to others.

At first I thought it was because we had new content issued at this point but the update on June 6, 2018 took players from level 84 to 86, so there was definitely no new content issued at this point in the game. 

When you go through the Pinfeather quest, do you open all the characters and play them simultaneously? Did you open a new area (bubble) before a character sent you there? There are 2 places in the game that it doesn't like you to do that and resulted in some problem. This is one of them. The other one was several levels back. 

You can try a couple of things if you play on PC to hopefully resolve the issue.

1. Clear all cookies/history from every Internet browser you use. If you use Chrome and never use Edge, still open Edge and clear the cookies there because I'm pretty sure that the game uses Internet Explorer/Edge.

2. Clear ALL the contents from a hidden folder located here: c:\users\your PC name here\AppData\Local\Temp ....there will be folders and items inside this Temp folder. All of it is junk placed there by various programs/apps you use. The older items are supposed to be overridden by the new items, but sometimes there is an errant older file that just doesn't play like it should. You do NOT want to delete the Temp folder itself...just the contents. When you have deleted the contents, be sure to then empty your Recycle Bin, because that's where they go. And anything held in the Recycle Bin is using up your Random Access Memory which can slow down your computer.

After doing steps 1 and 2 above, power off your computer .... do a full shut down. While it's completely turned off, remove the power cord from the back (if you have a laptop, you will also need to remove the battery). With the power cord DETACHED, press and hold the power button for about 5 seconds. (This flushes the motherboard). After releasing the power button, replace the battery (if on a laptop) and attach the cord. Power on the computer, wait for everything to load, enter MC and see if the issue has been resolved. 

Unfortunately, if the Storyteller Cat still has the blue exclamation mark over his head, your only alternative would be to contact Big Fish so one of their techs can resolve your issue. 

Carrah (Playmegal)

10/18/19

Hi.....got the update. But now Trina is not working. When I try to get the gold key from her, the game kicks me out. Also, the pumpkin table will not appear in the new 2nd Halloween room. I brought it but it will not appear.

Is anyone else having trouble with the new update. What should I do? I am level 94 now.

I am Carrah......I am one of your friends Tiny Faerie!

SharpEye1

10/18/19

Hi Carrah,

You're also one of my game friends.  Others are having the same problems and have reported it to Elephant Games and Big Fish.  These glitches should be fixed with the release the Halloween Event is what I've heard being said.  Since it didn't happen tonight, perhaps try uninstalling your Game Manager and MC game and reinstalling both.  That's all I've got to offer my friend! heart_eyes

CC to AEGram
Carrah (Playmegal)

10/18/19

Thanks Sharpeye1 ....I tried uninstall then reinstall. This did not work. Hope the Halloween Event fixes the glitches. 

SharpEye1

10/19/19

Aw, I'm sorry that didn't work for you.  Yes, I think the event is taking longer because they're working on fixing the glitches so all will be ok when the event does hit. That's my guess and I'm sticking to it. LOL heart_eyes