Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 56970 views.
LvlSlgr

Jun-8

Wow! Way to go New Zealand!!

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Jun-8

It does feel like a major victory. And to be able to go out without any fear is an amazingly good feeling.

Best yet, my boss says we will start back at the office next week, rather than tomorrow, so I have a few days to prepare myself for getting up early and going out in the middle of winter!

LvlSlgr

Jun-8

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

so I have a few days to prepare myself for getting up early and going out in the middle of winter!

Yeah, I would need that also but I'm retired. And the last 6 years that I worked it was from home because I had moved from Virginia back to Kentucky to be close to my family and the company allowed me to continue working for them from home.

katiek2

Jun-8

How wonderful!  So good to hear that.  Have fun going back to your normal life.  I envy you.

SharpEye1

Jun-8

Wow!  That's awesome news!!  Wish we were there but I fear the USA is many months away from that milestone. 

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Jun-8

Judging from the news reports I've seen, I fear you are correct. And although I am not looking forward to dragging myself out of bed at 6am and getting to work in -2 degrees, I wouldn't trade that for going back to scary virus roaming the country. I like being able to go out and not be afraid because I have two of the worst underlying conditions.

And to celebrate, I think I will go out at lunch time to the local chippie, and get celebratory fish and chips!

Wonderful news. What a relief it must be. Enjoy your freedom and the chippy. I must admit the longer I stay in the more nervous I get about going out. Sadly I think we have a long wait over here in the UK. Thank goodness for my garden. 

LvlSlgr

Jun-9

Well, I ventured out to a restaurant yesterday. Up until now the only places where I've gone inside is for physical therapy (that was allowed to reopen 4 weeks ago) and to get my hair highlights/cut (that was last week).

With the restaurant they're only allowed to have 33% capacity and no more than 10 people in a group. The servers have to wear masks and customers are encouraged to wear masks except when eating of course. Disposable menus and nothing on the table - no salt, pepper, etc. The place I went is my favorite here in town and I went after physical therapy. So it was about 3:30 in the afternoon which guaranteed there wouldn't be many people there. They had two servers working, two cooks in the back, and customers at two other tables. I was seated about 4 booths away from the nearest occupied booth and even though the server wore a mask she also maintained a distance of about 6 feet from me.

When I got my hair cut last week it was pretty much the same - only 33% capacity. The front door was locked and you had to call from your car to let them know you were there. They met you at the door with hand sanitizer and a mask if you needed one. I had my own already on. Normally they would have up to 5 stylists and 1 colorist working at a time in addition to the 2 gals working at the front desk. So that means 8 employees and possibly 6 customers. They only had 1 person at the front desk, 2 stylists and 1 colorist. There was only one other customer. Everyone had masks on. If you come in for a cut they want you to come with clean, dry hair which will be cut dry. Since I was getting my highlights they had to shampoo my hair afterwards but they couldn't blow dry it. Not a problem since I wasn't going anywhere else. I also noticed they had removed a lot of their decorative items in the shop - meaning less things to have to keep clean.

So far, the places I've gone to are doing the things the governor and the CDC are saying need to be done and I felt safe.

Karatopa

Jun-10

Brilliant that made me feel so much better

SharpEye1

Jun-15

Here's some other fun quips.  A few may be repeats (sorry).......Enjoy! heart_eyes

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message