Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Roll Call!   Welcome!

Started 3/23/20 by Jenifer (Zarknorph); 94206 views.
LvlSlgr

Sep-22

Susanna502MC said:

The weather was so hot last month I started taking a bottle of water out to the mail carrier on days it goes over 100.

That brings back memories. When I was a kid (back in the late 50s) for a while we lived in a subdivision where we didn't have mailboxes at the road. We had those little ones mounted on the wall next to the front door and the mailman delivered the mail on foot. When it was really hot it was a really big deal to wait for Mr. Williams on the front porch with a big glass of ice water or iced tea. We got such a kick out of that. Just goes to show it didn't take much to make a 7-year-old happy back then. Simpler times!

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Sep-22

Tammy, I hope you stay safe, and your colleagues and residents are all okay in the end. 

It's scary how quickly this virus can spread. We had 1 case in the whole country back in early to mid August. That one case then spread to 170 people. Fortunately we have very good contract tracing in place and no new community spread happened outside of contacts of that original person and the people it was spread to. The scariest thing is that they still have no idea how that original person caught it. It is so hard to keep this virus out. The sad thing is we lost three more people to this small outbreak, bring the NZ death toll to 25.

The majority of NZ has no restrictions at all because all the cases were up in Auckland. Auckland's strict lockdown is over as cases have dropped to near nothing, with many days at nothing. They are still having to wear masks and physical distance up in Auckland. 

At the beginning when they locked Auckland down the police had to block the roads out of the city because so many people tried to flee, particularly the wealthier Aucklanders who had second homes elsewhere. Because they wouldn't let them out of Auckland unless they had a good reason, the virus has not spread to the rest of the country. The South Island were I live is still 100% covid free. We are doing our best to make sure it stays that way.

We have an election coming up next month. It was supposed to be this month but with Auckland's issues it was put back one month. I'm really confused about who I am going to vote for. I wish I could mash the best bits of both major parties together and vote for that! 

In reply toRe: msg 536

So in my previous post I let you all know that we had facility wide covid testing. This morning I received a message from the facility stating that if we haven't gotten a phone call (I didn't) then our test result was negative, so good news for me. Later in the afternoon I got another message.  This one was to let us know that after this last round of testing we now had a total of 27 (was 17) residents and 12 (was 8) staff test positive. About an hour ago I went on the facility's Facebook page.  There it was noted that 3 contracted employees also tested positive. This would be our Therapy Dept, although they are located inside our building they are a separate company. They work with both in-patients and out-patients.

Now for the sad news, it is with heavy heart that I must share that we lost a resident to covid on Wed. Given the location of our covid unit I'm sure that I took care of this resident on a daily basis. Since I have been off work for the last 3 days I don't yet know who the resident is, I'll know more tomorrow when I get to work.  

For those of you wondering, I'm not currently working on the covid unit. The first cases came from the unit I was working on. Our original plan was having 6 rooms set aside for covid residents. When the first few cases appeared those residents were moved to these rooms.  However, within 3 days the cases went way beyond the 6 room capacity, so they decided to move the covid unit to the original unit where the cases originated.  They have designated staff for that unit and a separate entrance. I am currently on light duty (have a work injury) so I have limited contact with the residents at this time. They gave me the option to work the unit but I declined, not only because of my current injury, but another health issue.

Please continue to keep us in your thoughts and prayers...............

Stay safe everyone and wear your masks!!

Jenifer (Zarknorph)
Host

Sep-27

So sorry to hear you may have lost a friend.

Sending thoughts and hugs your way.

Comfort Hug GIFs | Tenor

JD (badge510)

Sep-27

I could not agree more with your post!!!!!! Atta Girl!!!!

KNIMtheTOAD

Sep-28

My Heart and prayers go out to you. As a caretaker all my life any loss seemed like part of me went with them. I am sending good will and blissful moments to you and yours. It might take a few moments but here goes. You should feel a slight tingle. 

KNIMtheTOAD.

In reply toRe: msg 540
datsalotta

Sep-29

Hi All !!

On the local news (Chek TV) success rates in hospital recoveries were reported.

In March - 32% recoveries

Now - 68%

I did not write this down so posted by memory - that's a joke yeah?

This means that our primary care hospital workers are learning from experience how to treat  COVID patients. So KUDOS to all primary care workers as well as all front line workers out there.

Shopping for groceries I often thank the brave workers there for braving the frontline. THey thank me. One time I answered saying - I imagine you hear many customers thank you -. The answer was - no , you are the only one today.

So please thank every front line worker, bus drivers, waitresses, teachers, etc. etc. Appreciation is due.

I mentioned ChekTV if anyone wants to search their site

Be kind Be calm Be safe -- our COVID mantra in B.C -- Pass it on. Thanks

datsalotta

• Edited September 29, 2020 2:23 pm  by  datsalotta
LvlSlgr

Sep-29

datsalotta said:

One time I answered saying - I imagine you hear many customers thank you -. The answer was - no , you are the only one today.

Really!?!? I don't go out much but when I do I always say a special thank you to the person who is working. And I don't  just say "thank you" ... I tell them why I'm thanking them. For being out there for me and taking the chance they could contact the virus from someone who is being careless.

datsalotta

Sep-29

Greeat!! Lvlslgr I am not alone.

I too, tell them how much and why they are so much appreciated. Using words to describe as "brave" "where would we be without you" "I can't thank you enough"  "You're my favourite person today" ..... just anything to describe how I'm feeling / thinking at that moment, spontaneous.

I was surprised too that the grocery worker said I was the only one who expressed my thanks that day. There should be more I thought.

Be kind Be calm Be safe

datsalotta

And you are so right on Lvlslgr - they are 'taking a chance'. That's why we wear a mask, out of respect.

• Edited September 29, 2020 7:06 pm  by  datsalotta
THEdella

Sep-30

Funny, at the top of the forum page it states "A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion."  That is the reason I joined this forum.  Not to discuss other topics not related to MC"  What else is there to say?  I beg the moderators to delete these other comments and/or direct them to another appropriate site, PLEASE!  This forum now seems to be a dumping ground for anyone's gripes.  I come here for help and to see if my experience can help another player, not to have to scroll thru pages and pages of other junk!  Guess I'll just have to give it all up now.