Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Books - what are you reading?   Fletcher's Tea Room and Bar

Started 5/10/18 by LvlSlgr; 234060 views.
Di (amina046)

11/21/21

Hi, 

I am reading The Ministry of Fear by Graham Greene now and if you have not read it I bet you would enjoy it.

LvlSlgr

11/21/21

Thanks, Di. 

I looked it up and you're right it sounds like something I would like. I love reading non-fiction books about WW II. Even though this one is fiction I think I would like it also. I know I've read at least two novels in the past 6 months where the background was WW II - one took place in England and the other in America. I went ahead and added The Ministry of Fear to my Bookbub wishlist so I'll be notified when the price goes down.

Thanks again for the suggestion.

Di (amina046)

11/21/21

Graham Greene is one of the most extraordinary writers!

Di (amina046)

11/21/21

He also wrote Our Man in Havana and The Quiet American, also The Heart of the Matter etc.

Travels with my aunt is wonderful and The Comedians is about Haiti and was turned into a famous film as have been other books of his.

In reply toRe: msg 615
WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Dec-8

I've started a re-read of Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series. That's currenly 39 books, and 15 anthologies. Book 40 is due out next year. I am reading them in chronological order, rather than publication order, and I've never read them in that order before. I'm currently up to book 17 so will be at it for a while yet.

LvlSlgr

Dec-9

Weesam, that's a lot of books. Good luck!

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Dec-9

Yep, a lot of books. But they are a favourite series, and favourite books are a bit like comfort food. And right now I figure we all need as much comfort as possible.

LvlSlgr

Dec-9

WeeSam (WeesamNZ) said:

And right now I figure we all need as much comfort as possible.

So true.

PenWeb

Dec-9

So glad to find someone else who likes Mercedes Lackey and Valdemar! Have already read twice Beyond - the first in her upcoming story of the founding of Valdemar. The next in the anthologies is Boundaries, and I will be looking forward to reading that one.  

Right now I am re-reading the series by Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown (her cat) about "Harry" Haristeen and her cat and corgi. Love the way the animals help to solve the mysteries.

Penny B. 

WeeSam (WeesamNZ)

Dec-9

I loved Beyond. I'm really looking forward to the new book next year and continuing to read about the founding of Valdemar. I have Boundaries already, but I am waiting until I've finished all the main books before reading the anthologies. I'm currently up to The Hills Have Spies, so a long way to go yet.

I don't know Rita Mae Brown, but they sound interesting. May have to check them out. If you like animals solving mysteries, have you read Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann? It's about a flock of sheep who set out to solve the mystery of who murdered their shepherd. I highly recommend it. So much fun.