Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New games to play?   Welcome!

Started 8/7/21 by SedonaSueB; 111362 views.
In reply toRe: msg 78
LadyDiFL

11/1/21

Regarding Hidden City:  I tried for 3 days.  Invited "friends", got to level 25 and found that I cannot EARN rubies, only purchase them.  So....I uninstalled the game.  Now I need to say good-bye to those invited friends: Mystery Angel, Koipeach, Puzzlegirl, Cyberfox, Merry, TrixieBelle, Hera II, Vixyish, Libby and Top Cat.  I love the Castle and will stick with it.  But thanks for the suggestion of a new game.

Honeyphan

11/2/21

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you - but I do want to clarify:

You get rubies every time you level up. :)

But they are not necessary to progress in the game. They are just an added bonus, but not really necessary - at least that has been my experience playing for a few months now (and I am at level 60, having not paid a dime.)

Also want to add - the boosters and energy adds and all that you can get with the darkness tokens (or whatever token the event has at the time) and get the tokens by playing the events and the daily tasks (a list of all for that month show on the calendar, which can be found by clicking on the French Horn near the place where the red daily chest shows). Pretty much everything the store has for rubies you can get by playing and earning those tokens... at least, that  has been my experience so far. :)

• Edited November 2, 2021 1:49 am  by  Honeyphan
1MagentaRose

11/2/21

LadyDiFL,

Honeyphan is correct. You get rubies each time you level up (Hidden City). You can use the rubies to buy Assemblers to complete a Collection if you don't want to Search for them but you can also add the Assembler to your Wish List so friends will know what to send you. I only used rubies by accident when I first started playing but I haven't used them since.

I send players gifts every day that they have on their "Wish Lists". (you can only send each player 1 gift per day). If they don't have anything on their Wish List I will send them another item from the "Send Gift" list but I now avoid sending Gift boxes as most players don't need them.

The "Send Gift" option does NOT come out of your Inventory. The "Send A Collection Item" DOES. Hopefully I haven't confused you too much.

EDIT: I play as Magenta (so I have deleted incorrect name I originally posted.) Thanks to Honeyphan for letting me know who I am in this game!!!  sweat_smile

1MagentaRose

11/2/21

To:- Honeyphan, whitebutterfly, TrixieBell, Cyberfox, Top Cat or Vixyish.

Re: Hidden City

I  visit each of you every day (I play as Magenta) and click on several of your buildings. A heart shape appears and it apparently adds points to my reputation but I have no idea what it shows on your end.

Could one of you let me know if anything shows up on your game. Still trying to learn the game relaxed

Honeyphan

11/2/21

Okay, that is really weird - there is a Magenta in my game, but I don't remember seeing a Hera11 ...

I will look next time I play HC tomorrow. :) Though I might have already clicked on your little player icon today... I can't remember who all it was that I clicked tonight, just that there were 5 of them when I opened the game earlier.

1MagentaRose

11/2/21

Honeyphan, I'm now more confused because I don't know what name I show up as then in Hidden City!!!

When I select "Invite Friends" it says:-   Your friends can add you using Player Login: Hera11

When I select "My Profile" it shows my "Nickname" as Magenta.

I gift you every day if that helps with either of those names  grimacing  Could you let me know "who I am", giggle laughing

Cookie (GulfGuppy)

11/2/21

Hi Magenta! According to the Hidden City Wiki, we are each assigned by the game a "profession" that dictates the type of bonus we are giving our friends by visiting. I was wrong in stating that I thought this bonus changed at certain levels.

You are an Archaeologist and give 10% more coins to visited areas.

Took me a while to find, but you can click on your event achievements (the place where you see the 5 stars being filled in) and you will see what you are next to your avatar.

Hope this helps...s-o-o-o much to learn!

Honeyphan

11/2/21

If you are at level 69 and have the new avatar of the lady vampire with the ice blue hair (same one as I have) - you are Magenta. :)

Honeyphan

11/2/21

Thanks, Cookie! :)

I don't know how many times I have clicked on that banner to check my progress/see what I need yet - and I never noticed the coin on my avatar! lol

Yeah, this game does have  a long learning curve - but at least it's fun! :)

LadyDi, I'm so sorry you decided not to continue playing.  As others have said, you get diamonds every time you level up but you don't need them to play.  I'm on Level 261 and only used a couple of diamonds along the way.  It's just like any other game, including MC, you can choose to buy coins and diamonds or not.  But you don't need them to level up and play the Events.

Magenta, I also found it very confusing to set up a game name.  I wanted to go by whitebutterfly54, but I think my friends see me as Libby.  But you are showing up as Magenta.  As far as I know, your reputation can only be seen by your friends.  I've searched and searched but I don't find it indicated anywhere else.  There are 4 reputation levels, archeologist, mechanic, psychic and pathfinder.  One is assigned to your game when you download it, so you're stuck with that one.  Each one gives a different 'reward' when you visit a friends' HOSs or totems.

One tip is those 'rewards' left to us by friends aren't cumulative.  So if you have a few friends who have visited, it's always best to just click on one at a time to see what location their 'reward' is in.  In other words, if you have two friends visiting and you click on both of them and both visited the Enchanted Ballroom, you will only get one 'reward.'  But if you click on one friend that leaves their 'reward' in the Ballroom, then play the Ballroom, then click on the other friend who also visited the Ballroom, you'll get both 'rewards.'

About stats (other than reputation), you can click on the trophy-looking icon at the bottom, in-between the Friends and Airship icons.  When you get on that screen, if you look at the top right-hand side, next to all the tabs, there is a white button you can slide to the right for Friends.  When you do that, just you and your friends will appear on the list and all the stats.  You won't appear as Magenta though, you'll appear as YOU.  Funny, because I have a friend who is You so when I look at that list of stats it drives me crazy sometimes.  LOL