Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New games to play?   Welcome!

Started 8/7/21 by SedonaSueB; 111383 views.
Honeyphan

11/2/21

If you are at level 69 and have the new avatar of the lady vampire with the ice blue hair (same one as I have) - you are Magenta. :)

Honeyphan

11/2/21

Thanks, Cookie! :)

I don't know how many times I have clicked on that banner to check my progress/see what I need yet - and I never noticed the coin on my avatar! lol

Yeah, this game does have  a long learning curve - but at least it's fun! :)

LadyDi, I'm so sorry you decided not to continue playing.  As others have said, you get diamonds every time you level up but you don't need them to play.  I'm on Level 261 and only used a couple of diamonds along the way.  It's just like any other game, including MC, you can choose to buy coins and diamonds or not.  But you don't need them to level up and play the Events.

Magenta, I also found it very confusing to set up a game name.  I wanted to go by whitebutterfly54, but I think my friends see me as Libby.  But you are showing up as Magenta.  As far as I know, your reputation can only be seen by your friends.  I've searched and searched but I don't find it indicated anywhere else.  There are 4 reputation levels, archeologist, mechanic, psychic and pathfinder.  One is assigned to your game when you download it, so you're stuck with that one.  Each one gives a different 'reward' when you visit a friends' HOSs or totems.

One tip is those 'rewards' left to us by friends aren't cumulative.  So if you have a few friends who have visited, it's always best to just click on one at a time to see what location their 'reward' is in.  In other words, if you have two friends visiting and you click on both of them and both visited the Enchanted Ballroom, you will only get one 'reward.'  But if you click on one friend that leaves their 'reward' in the Ballroom, then play the Ballroom, then click on the other friend who also visited the Ballroom, you'll get both 'rewards.'

About stats (other than reputation), you can click on the trophy-looking icon at the bottom, in-between the Friends and Airship icons.  When you get on that screen, if you look at the top right-hand side, next to all the tabs, there is a white button you can slide to the right for Friends.  When you do that, just you and your friends will appear on the list and all the stats.  You won't appear as Magenta though, you'll appear as YOU.  Funny, because I have a friend who is You so when I look at that list of stats it drives me crazy sometimes.  LOL

Honeyphan

11/2/21

An added note about the rubies or red diamonds or whatever they are called - like others here have said, I also don't use them in my gameplay.

I accidentally used them once, (like Magenta did) - lol - but don't really need them. Still, they are nice to have and once they accumulate, I can always get a little bonus. :)

I also noticed that they were offered as a reward for the last detective contest - but you would really have to play hard to win them that way...

Cookie (GulfGuppy)

11/2/21

whitebutterfly54 (redbutter54) said:

"As far as I know, your reputation can only be seen by your friends.  I've searched and searched but I don't find it indicated anywhere else.  There are 4 reputation levels, archeologist, mechanic, psychic and pathfinder." 

Not sure if you saw, but I discovered that you can see your own reputation inside your event achievements where you fill up the 5 stars.

Another discovery is that if your visiting friends have different reputations and click on the same room, you CAN get all bonuses. Only if the reputations are the same is one wasted. So you could, in theory, open 4 friends of different reputations :)

Cyberfox277

11/2/21

If your nick is also Trixie Bell in there, I don't think so wink

Cyberfox277

11/2/21

Yes, my nick is the same there, but I'm a redhaired witch there smile

Cyberfox277

11/2/21

You can, every time you level up you get one, I've never purchased any crystals or rubies or whatever they choose to call it and I have plenty there. It might help I'm a hoarder? I only spend it when I really, really have to smile You should get a WL and your friends can help you everyday? Gifts are free there, you can get one once a day wink

Cyberfox277

11/2/21

You show up as Magenta, if you're the lady with the blue hair. I assume that's the smiling lady but I've been just too busy to finish the Halloween mission smile The more reputation you get, the more visits you can make, so you can't get more XP points, coins and other ransom stuff relaxed

Cyberfox277

11/2/21

I'm talking about Hidden City in here, but reputation is when you visit your friends, go to your friends page and you have two options gift or visit, click visit and you can see your reputation level once you get to your friend's page? I hope it helps relaxed And nothing to be embarrassed about, if you didn't figure it out, I used to play FB games way back when relaxed