Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New games to play?   Welcome!

Started 8/7/21 by SedonaSueB; 112962 views.
In reply toRe: msg 181
Honeyphan

11/9/21

Used paint and got it rotated! lol

It's really cute - when it's fed, it makes a purring noise and when you click on it, it meows. :)

ETA: Just realized I did not have it in full screen when I took the pic (I rarely play in full screen) - here is the screenshot again - easier to see I hope... (I just can't figure out how to enlarge pictures on here...)  The bird in cage is to the left - the cat to the right, in the window...

• Edited November 9, 2021 4:34 pm  by  Honeyphan

Hmmm, I must have missed something.  I don't have the cat or its bed.  I wish there was some kind of 'how to play' type of thing, similar to what we have for Hidden City.  I looked at the Facebook page, as much as I can since I've never joined Facebook, but I don't see how to play the game.  Just pics and contests, like the old MC page.

Honeyphan

11/9/21

Have you opened any of the Beauty and the Beast HOSes yet??

Because I think that's the spur that brings the cat into the game as a permanent dweller of the library...

Okay- I had another thought -

You don't play directly off their site, do you? If you downloaded the game, maybe there is an update you need to put in to see it...?

Faustus is hungry again - lol - so here's a shot when he's by his food bowl (He's between Sherlock and Watson, and his food bowl is green:

• Edited November 9, 2021 7:13 pm  by  Honeyphan

Awwww, he's cute!  Yes, I have opened Beauty and the Beast but maybe I haven't played enough.  I usually hold on to some of the completed collections until I see the task of the day because sometimes he calls for collections.  Maybe it has something to do with the collections completed in Beauty and the Beast?

Honeyphan

11/9/21

I'm not sure when he opened for me - I know it was either right after I entered the book or right before - because Sherlock et.al was worried that Faustus (a stray who wandered into the library and who Lucy adopted) might have damaged the story and entered the book to make sure. lol

There is a bell to the right of your energy bar - click that - and you might get this? I just noticed it...

I guess I don't feed him enough! lol Since I have like 25 or more of these and just now noticed them....

• Edited November 9, 2021 7:35 pm  by  Honeyphan

I don't have a bell to the right of my energy bar.  There is an envelope to the right and the options cog to the left.  Do you think it has something to do with Facebook?  Like a special reward?  I never saw any of that, like something saying the cat was hungry.  And I can't figure out where he is.  LOL  Bummer

In reply toRe: msg 188

I just noticed how the library expanded.  Never paid attention before.  None of the new books have names yet thoough.

I noticed last night that the library had expanded but thought I hadn't moved the mouse over enough before.

I haven't got the white cat but maybe I am not at a high enough level for him yet.

Only managing between 3 to 5 HOS per game at present.  Life has revved up for me at present and doesn't look like slowing down for a while yet.

Honeyphan

11/9/21

Facebook? I don't know... I didn't do anything connected with that.

Did you open all the HOSes in Alladin and Around the World in 80 days? (The main quests with Sherlock has us skip Around the World and go right on to Wizard of Oz...) Maybe you have to open all the books and the HOSes that come before Beauty and the Beast before Faustus the cat comes on board...

But I would also check to see if you need to update your game, since you downloaded it and don't play straight from the site. That might be the problem... (just guessing here)...

Since I'm only at level 38 and you are ahead of me, I don't think it has to do with leveling up...

• Edited November 9, 2021 11:23 pm  by  Honeyphan
Honeyphan

11/9/21

Trixie Belle - I don't think it has to do with leveling up, because I'm at a lower level than whitebutterfly54.

And those books weren't there before - I was playing when they did the new content update, but I also remember trying to scroll past the stairs and never getting past Edgar Allen Poe's book of stories....