Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Safe to play or not   Welcome!

Started 10/17/21 by Tennco (carlyMC); 32896 views.

And to you, too ---- you have been so helpful to so many for so long. I have seen you take considerable time and put forth considerable effort to help others, myself included. You are a true jewel and a wonderful friend.

So please allow me to apologize for referencing you as a pollyanna ---- I could not have been more wrong or more foolish in that characterization because the truth is you are generous, kind, and patient. And I am proud to have you as a friend. And when I am wrong, I try to own it ---- and I was very wrong when I said that. 

I realize I am not very well thought of by many here due to my sharp opinions about MC, but I am delighted to have the friends here that I do ---- and you, honeyphan, are among the best.

Honeyphan

11/24/21

Jenny - that was so very sweet of you to do and say.

You brought tears to my eyes - and made my day. :)

Thank you! I'm glad we're friends too...

I have met so many wonderful people on this forum. So hard to believe I will have been here and at MC two years come February! (and that Christmas is only a month away! lol)

THEdella

11/28/21

I am happy to hear that it worked for you.  I also did the same thing.  But every since the Oct 4th update (which I didn't get til Oct 8th, its been nothing but problems for me.)  They have restored part of my game to level 108, sometimes I get to level 111. then, boom, back to beginning!  This has been going on since Oct.  Now I'm on a daily basis of being reset to the beginning of the game, often this happens twice a day.  I get to levels between 8 and 15, then, zap, I'm back at the beginning again!  After 8 yrs of playing this game, it's really frustrating!  I keep reading this forum in hopes someone has heard of a good fix!  Yesterday I was gonna print out all of my emails betwixt BigFish  and myself til I found out it was 40 pages long and decided against that, so you can understand why I didn't and how many times I have been in  touch with them!  I have a new gaming computer with GE Force that can take really good in-game screen shots and video which I've sent them and it doesn't seem to help.  I've also done the DrFelix thingy too.  If anyone here on the forum has any suggestions, bless you!

Di (amina046)

11/28/21

Surely you must know that players like you ,who wont heed the warning NOT to play until the fix, are one of the big problems who keep the devs busy helping you and others insead of working on the fix! So stop it!!!

You must really just stop playing the game.  There is a problem and playing it and having it reconstructed over and over again solves nothing.  Find another game to play and wait for an update that might solve the problem.

Randytb

11/29/21

OMG

If you have been playing for   years and read the forum all the time what do you not understand when most of us older players like White Butterfly   Di and myself  and more so ELEPHANT GAMES  tell you NOT to play until the new update with the fix.

Having to stop working on the fix  to restore lost games from those that do not listen  is SO unfair to those who are waiting for the game to be fixed.

Can I be any clearer???

In reply toRe: msg 105

Just the fact that EG will work to restore games when they KNOW that restoring games is NOT the desired goal tells me they are not working very ambitiously on a fix ---- if they are working on one at all.

---- no Fall Event

---- no Winter Event, and here it is December

---- time marches on, and they (EG and BFG) continue with their policy of secretive and guarded information like it is a matter of global secrecy ---- such a joke, and, really, an insult to our collective intelligence. It's a game for goodness' sake ---- be more upfront.

---- unless the sad truth is that there is no fix coming at all

mdpetdoc

12/1/21

While it is likely to be different staff who restore games than the people who write the programming, it makes the most sense to stop playing after your game is restored. Until the programming issue is corrected, your game will continue resetting to Level 1. Only the developer can fix the programming problem so there are no steps you or anyone else can take to protect or fix your game. When it is restored, stop playing and wait so that you'll be ready to play when the game is fixed. Many people don't have the patience to just wait so you might check out the New games to play thread and try something new. I've waited from November to March for a different game to be fixed and enjoyed playing the game again when it was.

Randytb

12/4/21

Harsh words *JennyMC*

Yes it is a game but if  it goes wonky because a wrench was thrown in and messed it up you have to give the tech's and the developers  time to fix the problem and get the game back on track.

They are trying there best but due to the players insisting there games be restored and when it is the go ahead and play and guess what? they  crash again and keep on doing it

What is so hard to understand stop playing until it is safe???

And you really have the nerve to say that BFG and EG are keeping us in the dark and keeping secrete therefore insulting  us???

How many of the players here do you know that are computer techs or programmers??

If BFG or Elephant games tell us what they are doing to fix this mess in Tech terms  who would understand any thing?

All it would do is take more time away from fixing the problem.

All I am saying is use commune sense and give them the time and space they need.

Okay finished venting ...... For Now

Randy ******* LONG TIME PLAYER**************

Randy, I absolutely agree that no one should be playing the game that's been reset back to Level 1 once.  I know it's very difficult not playing, but better safe than sorry.

Having said that, here's my issues.  AllanaX7 posted a note sent through MC Mailman in October 2016 that if your game was reset back to Level 1, it may have something to do with moving the AppData file.  And I remember that.  It was around the time TazRuby posted on the old forum how to copy your game files in order to restore your game to a new computer.

Now the devs seem to be saying losing your game is due to the number of friends on your social tab.

Both reasons are ridiculous.  Neither has anything to do with a game not being saved.  The issue is either a flaw within the programming of the game or with the BF servers.  But they don't come here and tell us anything.  They know about this forum.  They used to post here.

I've been with BF for well over 12 years now, probably closer to 15 or 16.  As many of us are.  We deserve to be treated better.

Everyone who received an email either from EG or BF seems to get different info.  After 2 months, we should hear something directly from the dev.  Here at Delphi...not just on Facebook.

And I totally disagree with any fix being added to an upcoming Event.  The Fall Event never happened, so presumably the fix will be in the Winter Event.  If we even get that one.  My opinion is the update for the fix should be rolled out first.  Let's see how well it works on its own, before adding it to an Event update.  

I'm not a tech person and know very little about programming or computers, so I really don't know if this is a normal length of time or not.  I can tell you the only other time an update took this long was back in 2014 with the Level 18 lockout...players were locked out of their games in January 2014 and the update to fix it came out March 10, 2014.

While I completely disagree with their reasons for players losing their games and the way they've handled this situation, I am keeping my fingers crossed that this lengthy time away from the game fixes the issue once and for all.