Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Midnight Castle doesn't likemy new computer   Technical Issues

Started 10/19/21 by BrenHawk; 1855 views.
BrenHawk

11/1/21

SUCCESS!!!!!!

I booted up my old computer and copied the entire Elephant Games folder from Roaming onto a thumb drive, then copied that to Roaming on the new computer, and everything works. I have my original game from where I had last played it, and didn't loose a thing. I had a ton of items from friends to claim (including the 150 diamonds from the Mailman), the latest upgrade seems to be in full effect, and everything is great. Bring on the Fall Event!

Thank you all for your assistance. Now I just need to remember to back up properly; I had only been saving the Midnight Castle Folder instead of the whole Elephant Games folder.

LvlSlgr

11/1/21

OMG!!

I told you that Dhyani's method worked for me when I got my new laptop. I'm so happy it worked for you also!!

BTW ... don't play your game until the next update which should have the fix for the problems people are currently having. If you play you're taking a chance of having a problem with the Save and going back to Level 1. And the backup you have will not work if this happens. In my opinion, it's better to be safe and just wait it out.

See the source image

• Edited November 1, 2021 12:12 pm  by  LvlSlgr
BrenHawk

11/1/21

When I started up the game to test it I got a small update (about 15 items, if I recall). I had read about all the problems people were having, so all I did was check to be sure I hadn't lost anything, and that I seemed to have gotten the ability to advance beyond the pre-10/04 stopping point (but didn't try to do anything).

On my laptop game I haven't had any problems with the 10/04 update. I've been playing on the laptop every two or three days, and advanced to the lext level without any problems. I guess I've just been lucky.

AllanaX7

11/1/21

That's awesome, Bren!! I'm very happy for you. 

OMG, that's great!

Now that you've already updated your game save this current Elephant Games folder - because the one from your old PC got out of date. Be careful not to switch the game backup from PC with the other in your laptop (724736). I use to create a folder with the number ID and under it the EG folder.

And then wait for next update of the game. Today I read another post of someone restarting at Level 1. It is scary. In this case, the Elephant Games folder backup won't help you. There will be no alternative way to recover the game unless you ask Elephant Games or Big Fish to restore your player.

Have fun when the Fall Event starts!

BrenHawk

11/2/21

That reminds me that I need to set up a proper backup on my laptop. There's no chance of getting the two confused, because the PC backup is on an external hard drive along with the rest of my backups, while my laptop back up is on an SD card plugged into the laptop.

LvlSlgr

11/2/21

Good idea!

AllanaX7

11/3/21

Perfect. 

Keep them updated for each event or before you download the game update. thumbsup