Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

datsalotta Excel spreadsheet to inventory your items   Technical Issues

Started Oct-25 by chilpep; 5031 views.
datsalotta

Oct-27

Oiuoiu -

Thanks for chiming in. I take it you downloaded the list complete?

Here’s hoping you do no need to use it.

see you round the castle

datsalotta

• Edited October 28, 2021 10:01 pm  by  datsalotta
alliebdive

Oct-28

Thanks.  I am one of the lucky ones who's game has so far stayed ok.  However I have stopped most play out of fear it could happen and so the spreadsheet is a great safety net.  My computer is now over four years old too so its a good insurance for that.  I hope everything is restored soon.I lost my game a few years ago and finally EG restored a near copy for me.  It was a hideous time and I dont want that again and my great sympathies to those who are going thru it. x

LadyDiFL

Oct-28

I do not have Excel either because I also use Libre.  I clicked on the spreadsheet to open and Microsoft wanted to offer the 1-month free trial.  I chose to just look at the spreadsheet, then copy it (31 pages) by using the "SnipIt" method.  If you press Windows, Shift and S at the same time the screen will darken and you can draw a box around the area you wish to save.  I chose to save the first 4 columns I think.  Then I "saved" it as a download to a file called Midnight Castle.  It may not be the best or fastest way to do it, but that's what I did.  Goog luck!!

chilpep

Oct-28

Hi LadyDiFL

Did you try the open source document that I added?  I'm curious to see it that works.  Thanks.

Ewa Poland (Ewa333)

Oct-28

Many thanks to the datsalotta. My game is already restored, but I downloaded this doc just in case. I use OpenOffice, it opened this spreadsheet with no problem. I hope it will help.

LadyDiFL

Oct-28

Yes!! It gave me the choice to open with LibreCalc and the spreadsheet looked great.  I saved it in my MC file folder.  Thanks.  It worked great!!

marbur220

Oct-28

What a time saver!  I currently do screenshots of everything on a weekly basis (including my entire 21+ pages of friends) and this will be so much easier to update when there is a major increase of inventory during the events.  I do play on an iPad (so knock on wood), I did not have the current lost game issue but I have had one in the past.

You are my hero!

chilpep

Oct-28

Ahhh....good.  I'm glad it worked!  Thank you for letting me know!

datsalotta

Oct-28

Marbur ! my friend on iPad. I’m sending you gifts forever !

Thanks so much. Need to hear from everybody who received the file. 
Namaste, datsalotta

• Edited October 28, 2021 9:58 pm  by  datsalotta
datsalotta

Oct-28

Thanks for your post. Good to know your experiences. This will be helpful to others.

I'm learning alot about the other ways to save files in programs I've never used !!!

datsalotta

• Edited October 30, 2021 12:58 pm  by  datsalotta