Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

anyone else feel LIED To   Seasonal Events, CCs and Updates

Started Dec-5 by dairrr; 2546 views.
In reply toRe: msg 4
LvlSlgr

Dec-6

dairrr said:

transferring games from one computer to another themselves.isn't that hacking MC

In no way is that considered to be hacking. It's being proactive and not having to depend on BF to transfer a game where you then have a new ID number and lose all of your friends.

dairrr

Dec-6

does anyone think that the spammer thinks it's being malicious when  busy at spamming, NO,odds are they'd say something akin to .. it's fun exciting...OR  that spamming is how they earn a pay check a hefty sum of money at that...

In reply toRe: msg 6
lilredhood51

Dec-6

After the forums were closed down I went back and looked at some of the game forums that I had been playing.  there were probably about six of the games that I had been playing that I could find forums for. all of them still had at least ten or more pages of spam as first pages. these were dated from the last few days that the forums were opened.  there were 25 posts on each page that meant that there were 150 spam messages.  on just six forums this was 900 messages in about an hour period. 

like I said in my original post there were close to 200 forums for games. that means there were 30000 spam messages sent in an hour.  On an open system were all you have to do is enter any email and password without being approved it wouldn't matter how many times you cleared out spam from someone. they could have an automated system that made up bogus emails with passwords to hack the system because they were mad at Big Fish for some reason.

Honeyphan

Dec-6

I agree, Hirento - I don't feel lied to. I DO feel that they released information that at the time was relevant, but perhaps ran into even more glitches and it didn't work out as planned. That happens all the time with me when viewers/readers ask when my next vid/chapter is coming out and I give a date, certain it will happen then. But instead life happens or problems crop up, and it doesn't. lol I guess that's why I can relate and understand, though of course my personal experience is on a much smaller level - but been there, done that.

I feel Elephant and Big Fish, like any and all businesses, will tell the public only what is necessary, like a press release. We don't need to know everything that is going on in their company - MC is a free to play game after all, which they generously gave us, and really they don't owe us anything (though those who have put money into the game, I hope for you it all works out and you either get a refund or everything you had coming!)

I still hope and anticipate the winter Event will arrive - they've started late with events before, so maybe it will happen as planned. I do know this - I'm sure they are doing their best to correct all problems, because loss of game time like this means loss of revenue (even trust from some) - and that cuts deep into their lives...

Di (amina046)

Dec-6

My dear I agree totally with you. I think that they owe us nothing in as much as it is a free game! Whoever spent some money for gems did so to feed their”addiction”. When you go to the movies you don’t ask for your money back because you did’nt like the ending!

we all have gotten great gametimes and enjoyment and will just have to wait and trust that we shall have that for Christmas! Or else the new year, instead of watching the New Years fireworks from Fiji on TV. LOL

Yes, we've been waiting a looooooooooong time for a fix and it's been stated that it would come with the Christmas Event. Well last year the event started on Dec 14th.

My sentiments exactly. It's a free game, so I don't feel I can demand too much. I've purchased gems & coins before, mostly because I don't want to get too bored, but also to support Big Fish and let them know that MC is valued; if they're making money off a game, they'll put more effort into keeping their players happy. 

So I'm curious...  what kind of videos/chapters do you make?

- OQ

Honeyphan

Dec-7

Hey OQ! :)

One of my hobbies is to make Youtube videos - with favorite songs/music and favorite fandoms - here is my channel if you want to take a peek:  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRn7GmDcS8LliRt_I5RNHew

For the stories...well, at this time I'm only writing for fun. :)

I post stories at Fanfiction.net under Angel of Mystery -145. - They are Phantom of the Opera E/C (Erik/Christine) tales, though I am known for blending classics (PotO w/ Wuthering Heights, PotO w/ Beauty and the Beast, PotO w/ A Christmas Carol, etc) - to make my own little spin. lol Here's my page there, if interested: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/957192/Angel-of-Mystery-145

• Edited December 7, 2021 8:38 pm  by  Honeyphan

Very cool!

Now I have to see Phantom of the Opera!

Honeyphan

Dec-9

Andrew Lloyd Webber's version is the best. :) Both the movie with Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum, and the stage show with Ramin Karimloo and Sierra Boggess (they are my faves of the stage show and the only way you can see the whole thing online since they made a DVD of the 25th anniversary production and it can be seen at various places...

The movie has become a huge favorite of mine - (partly because of the hidden plot a bunch of us believe they put in there with symbolism they used, etc, that tells a much deeper and darker story, but with a great resolution! lol)

In case you ever wondered - that is the avatar I have - of Erik (Phantom) and Christine from the movie. :)

• Edited December 9, 2021 11:22 pm  by  Honeyphan