Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ready for The Special Room (latest)   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/18/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 178480 views.
SharpEye1

Aug-12

PTG and I are talking about all the recent events in our MC Realm lately, thinking a party may be in order, when Roo descends upon us.  She wants me to put her dress in the dryer, casually mentioning she also washed my brand new shoes!  Dang that Roo!  I fly off to the laundry to find my shoes are ruined!  Well, two can play that game!! imp

I go out the back door of the kitchen and over to the garden.  I search the aisles of vegetables until I find what I'm looking for.  Aha!  Here they are.  I harvest a couple of bunches of beets and head back to the kitchen.  After peeling and dicing them, I put them through a strainer, with cheesecloth, to get just the juice.  

Back to the laundry I go, beet juice in hand.  I think black is so blase these days, don't you?  So, I put Roo's little black cocktail dress in for another wash, then add the beet juice!  Now, that should brighten up her dress just fine!

Perhaps now would be a good time for me to make a quick exit, so I decide to hightail it to my office to put out my next article........

• Edited August 12, 2019 3:32 pm  by  SharpEye1
PTG (anotherPTG)

Aug-13

I sit back at the table with rather a large quantity of my favourite tea sloshing around my innards and a dose of Opel's "cure-all" potion sitting there on top!

I'm not sure if it is doing any good, but at least I don't feel worse and that is what would have happened if I had been given the Castor Oil!

I am vaguely aware as to what has recently happened but still cannot make head nor tail of it.

My mage is androgynous! Well that is not surprising since he/she seems to know precisely what each of us wants most.

The saga about the brother (if it was a brother and not a friendly ogre in disguise) is also to us what is becoming a daily occurrence now.

Especially with Roo, Roo’s interference!

For once she is in trouble and not from myself! Very satisfying and so I allow a small smirk in her direction!

But thinking about recent times. Removing the saga about the mage and brother from the events, we are in the doldrums while Cap’n Bob finishes up whatever he is finishing up in the Camp and returns.

We are under strict instructions NOT to “stray from the fold” and NO infighting.

Charlie is obeying him to the letter with her use of the amulet and has gone off to pet her pachyderms (if you can pet a 10 feet high mammoth!)

And ALL of this time I keep getting a whine from my broom about the Anniversary Room that our worthy citizens have found.

Cascades of dust bunnies are filling all of the adjacent corridors. So much so, that regular routines of the MC daily life will have to be suspended if they don’t calm down.

I hear about the fabulous costumes the players have found. Which has caused Angel to go and investigate. But what I have been told is that there are some wonderful celebration cakes.

Which need to be tried!

But I daren’t take a knife and fork and go a visiting in case Cap’n Bob should come back early.

What to do?

I have a Cunning Plan!

Our Tea Room is rather unusual in that it can be expanded ( or contracted) to suit all occasions.

Why not bring the cakes here after our worthy citizens have done their daily HOS chore?

Let them all dress up in their finery which can then be recorded for posterity in our local newspaper?

Will the others here co-operate?

I can but ask so will start with a subtle approach to Roo, Roo

“Roo, Roo – tell me- who has the finest cloak of all in the Kingdom?”

I get a look that says it all: I am an imbecile!

So I go on: “Have you seen the glittering clothing that is gracing the MC Anniversary Room at the moment?

“So beautiful and quite unlike your plain wool rug!”

I duck and wait!

AuntieRoo

Aug-13

PTG ducks his head under the nearest table looking quite ridiculous with his head out of sight.

I pick up a fork from the table & raise the hood of my cloak making myself invisible.I cannot resist the target of PTG’s rear end that is facing squarely in my direction.

I give him a swift jab with the fork which makes him hit his head on the underside of the table.The table up-ends which sends cups & saucer crashing to the floor!

PTG grabs a chair in a futile attempt to protect himself but as I am invisible he is wasting his time.

I creep up behind him & with every word I utter I give him a prod of the fork as he runs between the tables.

“THIS....RUG....CARRIES.... WEAPONS.....THAT....HAVE...” at this point PTG runs out of the Tea Room, but I am right behind him.I continue my tirade.

“....SAVED...YOUR....HIDE...ON ....MANY.....OCCASIONS.”

We are half way across the bridge when I give PTG a last prod of the fork & shout “JUMP!!” 

I cannot believe my eyes when I see  PTG dive into the moat! My shout was to warn him of skunk up ahead on the bridge!

I would not want him to squish the poor critter with his huge weight, ha ha.

• Edited August 13, 2019 1:48 pm  by  AuntieRoo
AEGram

Aug-13

Meanwhile, Jayben has shapeshifted into a blue jay and is sitting in a nearby tree that gives him vantage point for seeing inside the Tea Room as well as outside.

If birds could smile, he would be grinning at all the shenanigans since the departure of the Captain.......while the cat's away, the mice will play.  

He ruffles his feathers and a nice warm towel greets PTG as he emerges from the moat to help him dry off. (Since he has been recently under the weather, it would not be wise for him to catch a cold before he gets back to being 100%)

MrsFletcher

Aug-14

As Mrs Fletcher rocks peacefully deep inside Her warm and cozy secret an very private place......(Located right beside the glowing Tea Room's furthest Fireplace)...She can't help but chuckle softly too Herself at the shenanigans being played out right before her by non other then three of Her very dear Friends Angel, PTG and His Comrade in all things...Roo Herself!...blush  Just before nodding off into the Black velvet of deep sleep once more,  Mrs Fletcher contently begins to hear AEGram's soft strong voice telling more of Story of Jayben....grin

PTG (anotherPTG)

Aug-14

Head throbbing, I can feel a large lump developing on my cranium even as I rear up out of the moat closely followed by an excited Ellie!

She has been attracted by the blood that seems to be pouring from my rear end from the prong piercing that my nemesis has just given me

Just for the sake of a few ill-chosen words!

That she devil must have forgotten that ALL of her various weapons are honed to perfection and most are armour piercing.

What my poor soft skin has suffered is beginning to tell me in no uncertain terms.

And to cap it all I am soaking wet and smelly from the foul waters of the moat.

All of a sudden I am whirled around and enveloped in an enormous soft towel. My wringing wet clothing is cast aside and now to cap it all I am as naked as a new born babe.

JUST WAIT UNTIL I ......I.........I.....!!!!!!!!!!

"Oh! You WILL pay for this my wretched marsupial!!"

I hobble back to the Tea Room as best I can. My magical boots are (they tell me) too wet to transport me back there by magic.

My broom is busying itself clearing up the mess in the Tea Room .

Since Katzz is moaning about ME making the mess and ruining a perfectly good cake, I go straight upstairs to the room in the hospital wing where I now lay on my cot face down and try to blank out the dull throbbing from my rear end!

SharpEye1

Aug-20

As I look around my office, I feel like it's been a long time since I last wrote my articles from here, which it has since receiving my lovely Christmas gift, allowing my magical pen and paper to do the writing from anywhere!  I do love it very much but a trip to the office once in a while helps keep me at the top of my game.  Anyway.......

MC REALM SEES INFLUX OF NEW DENIZENS

Thanks to the victorious battles by Captain Randy and his able crew, many former denizens have been rescued and have been relocated to our  MC Realm.  Many of the families were farmers so they will start again here, which will enrich everyone's lives with more livestock and crops.  Food will be plentiful, and life will be so much better than it has been for quite some time.  Which brings to mind another thought....

FIVE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY PARTY

It has been five years since we first became aware of this Realm and have lived well, played the game to perfection (collecting many useful and sometimes valuable items), and survived many battles, both far and close to home (a certain unworthy CEO comes to mind).  So, it has been proposed that an anniversary party would be a perfect way to celebrate our accomplishments and get to know all our new denizens!   Details will be coming soon.......

Angel, reporting for THE CLOUD CITY TIMES

PTG (anotherPTG)

Aug-23

I seem to be drifting down to a large box that wants to hold me tight!

Still half asleep I struggle to get clear only to find that I am partially immobile!

Now fully awake I realise that the two sleeve ends of my huggie jacket have been tied together whilst I was unconscious, thus rendering me immobile!

More importantly making me a prisoner on my own hospital cot!

But I have had a LOT of practice escaping from this predicament, as have all of my fellow adventurers.

All I have to do is to dislocate my right shoulder blade and gain access to the knot.

This is of course rather painful, but nothing like as painful as the consequences of doing nothing would probably be!

Within minutes I am free and sit upright on the bed.

OUCH!!!

Not such a good idea as my rear end still feels like a pricked pin cushion.

And a rather bulky one, which on inspection I find covered in plasters over my wounds.

“Oh!” I think to myself, “that hussy will surely pay!!”

But time to do something – but what?

Where is my broom?

I soon get its reply: “trying to keep up with the hoards of dust bunnies thrown up by our worthy citizens in their Anniversary Rooms.

”Also I need help or we will be swamped by them as Charlie is not using them at the moment to make thread”

AH yes! The 5th Anniversary and my proposed party.

Shall we go ahead with it? And if so what shall we do?

Well for  starters there is the cake competition to be sampled, and there seem to be lots of sausages floating round in the local ether which could be consumed?

The rooster can with a bit of help become delicious chicken offerings. I am sure that Mrs Fletcher has the technical know how to convert one live bird into a dozen edible portions!

I personally do not care for eyeballs, but I am sure that some of our pets would feast on them

Oh! There is a potential feast in those rooms and our worthy citizens are ALWAYS hungry.

Time to get organised.

No doubt my captors will return to check up on me and I need to give them a little surprise for taking care of me so well!

Now what to do to or with that bane of my life?

Randytb

Aug-24

Should I announce my return?or just show up and see what my gang of misfits have been up to *WEG*

Think the latter idea is called for.

A last meeting with The Golden Queen where I am given my instructions = that is to return to The Tea Room with Pup and wait upon her return with Imp to the main camp where the second stage of the mission will take place.

Imp has made such great progress that The Queen know it is time to take her to Pern.

Pup and I will stay at the Special Room with Snow as Frost ,, Brulee and Jewel will join The Queen in Pern.

Pup Opel Jacob and I prepare to return to The Tea Room Opel and I on Frost and Pup on her Dragon Snow with Jacob

I hug Imp and say how very proud I am of her and that this is the beginning of her true calling no funny business be respectful and follow The Queen instructions you will understand all this later.

I bow deeply to My Queen ,,, safe journey your Majesty Pup Snow and I will rejoin you on your return.

We head for The Tea Room where Frost lands on the open field and we say our goodbyes ***RIDER*** and he is off.

Snow go hunt my beauty and we shall see you later I have to go check on my gang of slightly bent cohorts.

Pup and I pas Jacob,s Farm where he joins his family tears of joy flow from them all.

I look over Jacob's back land and see the work that has been down by the worker Gnomes and the new citizens wow it is awesome and so much work has been done ,,, cottages built land toiled and planted critter encloses almost done it is a site to behold.

Pup and I walk over to the Tea Room our bellies gurgle and we laugh time to eat lol

I swing the door open and Pup and Opel enter yelling HONEY I AM HOME

The place is empty???? but the smell from the kitchen makes our bellies growl louder...

I call out OKAY WHERE ARE YOU HIDING FRONT CENTER NOW,

PTG (anotherPTG)

Aug-24

In order to "even up" the score against my feisty female nemesis I have to come up with a Cunning Plan.

Unfortunately it has to be one that is "legal", does not involve harming or distressing animals and to keep her precious cloak in pristine condition!

She has all kinds of weapons, potions and tricks up those sleeves so my "attack" has to be sure, sharp, swift and totally unexpected!

Now how on earth can I do this?

My proposed celebration of the Castle's 5th Anniversary can provide the basis of my plan, but how?

Well there are those enormous cakes on our worthy citizens tables.

Can I in some way use one of these and bury her in it?

It would give her a creamy complexion at the least.!

(Snigger! snigger!)

I am idly musing these superb possibilities when I hear a clarion call from the Tea Room

Our wandering leader has returned and wants to know where we all are.

If I can get to her at this moment, in time she will be somewhat distracted and a perfect moment to strike.

But how? and with what?

More shouting from our stentorian Cap'n and I can sense he is getting slightly irritated at the lack of our responses. So I rub my amulet to let him know that I will be with him shortly after I have attended to certain matters!

I sense  scuttling behind me