Jenifer (Zarknorph)

The Midnight Castle Forum On Delphi

Hosted by Jenifer (Zarknorph)|All FAQs Answered Here!

A forum devoted to the FTP game Midnight Castle. All formats and platforms. Find Friends, learn tips and tricks, read strategy guides, ask for help or just kick back in Fletcher's Tea Room and dodge the odd explosion.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ready for The Special Room (latest)   Oh the Absurdity!

Started 4/18/18 by PTG (anotherPTG); 306020 views.
Randytb

12/14/19

After I called off the alarm and explained to every one what the end result was and it was just poor baby Ember one of our many Fire Lizards that live in MC World and with the help of the Moles is back safe and sound with her family.

Before our Moles left I thanked them and gave them a new place to tunnel and find lots of goodies to eat.

So they returned to the retirement range under the watchful eye of there caretaker Bruce Cyn's cousin.

I thanked Charlie for getting her team of trackers on the job so fast,,, and I know if ever I am away she will right there to protect the others and keep me updated.

The time for me to take the Dragons and Pup to our Queen for the journey to Pern is in the near further and we are ready to answer her call.

I must talk to my second and third in command and prepare them for that day as in what there responsibility will be/

Mean time Opel brings me a fresh piping hot cup 0f tea and a few snacks to munch on as I write up the instructions for PTG and ROO ROO 

I remind Opel ,, you my beauty are still my secret weapon seeing we have been together so long and can almost read each others thoughts I can go on a mission or Quest knowing you are here .

She smiles and blushes and off to the kitchen to get dinner stated as I continue to write.

SharpEye1

12/14/19

Now that all has been explained and everyone goes back to their regular routine, I head to Cap's table where he's writing....

"Uh, excuse me, Cap, I've been thinking about something for a while now and want to run it by you."  "Sure, Angel, what is it?"  Sheesh....why am I feeling a little shy and nervous all of a sudden?  Oh well, I take a deep breath and say........

"Well, I know you'll be leaving son to take Pup to Pern, and I was wondering...I know I'm basically just reporting the news around town here, but since I've become a part of this merry little slightly bent band," Cap:  "Yeah, and a mighty fine job you're doing with that too.  Now, c'mon woman, spit it out....what are ya gettin' at?"

"Well, ya see, Cap......Now, don't laugh but.....I'm thinking it's high time I learn to do battle too, so I can help your 2nd and 3rd in Command when you can't be here!  I'm tougher than you might think and I'm a quick learner!  I know I can do it!!"

There, I said it.......so????????????????

Annemaree

12/14/19

please take care not to encounter the silver threads, they can cause a few problems! Also Be careful going between, it causes so ill effects in people.  Good luck with your trip to Pern 

PTG (anotherPTG)

12/15/19

Those tunnels are the bane of our lives.

No matter how much we watch over them, guard them, protect them, our foes always find new ways to try and infiltrate our ranks and lives using them.

Thank goodness the recent festivities with our worthy citizens and their children did not come to any grief.

And now the Cap’n tells me that there is a newfound menace which seems to lead all the way to the Northern Islands.

So the Cap’n Bob instructs me to take two of Charlies tracker moggies and seek out where our friends the moles have disappeared to

But I am soon thwarted by the minute size of the tunnels they have used.

Far too small for me to wriggle through and even my doggy guides seemed reluctant to try.

More worrying is the fact that occasional we appear to lose the alien footprints or the strange scent of our foe. Still I press on since I can use the apertures to bypass these obstacles.

Bang!!!****!!!

Not looking where I am going having seen something interesting on the ceiling above me, I hit a projecting Pole?????

At the same time I am struck by small shards of glass?

These soon turn into water!

Ah yes – icicles. So I must now be in a tunnel underneath the Northern Islands.

I tug at the piece of wood which soon comes away in my hand. It looks gnarled and ancient but in my hand seems to throb slightly with warmth.

It is then that I become aware that my broom is screaming at me to drop it. It is a powerful mage entombed in this Pole from the Ice Hall.

It will ensnare me into the Dreamworld forever if I keep hold of it!

I hastily replace it into the ice wall and sneak past it. My two doggie guides have also frozen in the “pointer” position and now my amulet is screaming at me!

I rub it and Charlie bellows to me: “Return immediately – my pets are in mortal danger! And you may also find yourself in trouble if you don’t follow them!”

I then get an image from her that my two canine guides are pointing at the ground to a large paw print.

No! It is a VERY LARGE paw print that belongs to the alpha wolf of the local pack!

And that paw is a fresh one!

Well it is obvious that we have lost the mole for the time being so I hurriedly retrace my steps.

Randytb

12/15/19

As I sit making notes to give my two um um um what am I hearing via my Amulet??

Annemaree ?? wearing us to be careful on our journey to Pern hum I must find out who this is but think back a message ,,thank you and yes we will be careful.

Now where was I ?

Looking at my notes just as I have my thoughts straight I am interrupted by Angel.

What is it woman can ye no see I am busy ( my Scot and Irish come out when I get a tad upset or interrupted)

I listen to what she finale spits out after suturing and stammering.

Well this is a shock to me ears even for me.

I look at her ,,, and think she is a quite one but you well know it is the quiet ones you have to look out for and she does have a mouth on her and a temper so humm this could be very good not only for her but for the slightly bent group at least with her I know she will not wonder off on her own with out telling any one ,,, NO NO strike that she has done that many times.

WELL CAP WHAT DO YOU THINK??

Sheesh woman I am thunkin..

Okay lets give it a try,, just what do you want to learn and what weapon would you like to learn it;s use?

You know I will not be easy on you right ,,, I will train you the way I train all my troops so do you still want to learn?

Charlie comes in hysterical screaming that PTG is going to get her babies killed

HOLY CRAPONACRACKER DOES THIS EVER END???

Calm the he;; down Charlie what is going on???

She explains where PTG and her trackers are and the mortal danger they are in if they go any further Ghost Pup sees what is around the next bend and ran back to tell the others they have to leave NOW and be quite fot waiting for them is The Alpha Male Dire Wolf of The Northern Islands a killer of killers /

I am dumbfounded to say the least for I have not heard of or saw this killer.

Why have I not heard of this before??

SMOKE I NEED TO SPEAK WITH YOU ASAP I WILL MEET YOU IN 5.

EVERYONE STAY AS I RUN TO MEET SMOKE

Smoke is waiting with a worried look * Mater he says? what is it?

I ask him about the Dire in the Northern Island

He is a nasty one ,,, captured as a Pup from one of our Transylvanian group by the Evil Mage the very one we battle with.

He was given very special powers like he can turn into ICE and is very very vicious.

You have to get PTG and the trackers out of there and block that tunnel and mark it as very dangerous.

PTG will have to brush that tunnel with Hemlock to block there scent.

Work fast Master or you will lose them and open the Tunnel to more evil then you have ever seen.

I run to the open field calling Frost and Snow,,,, *RIDER*

Rescue mission my brave one to The Northern Island to get PTG and the trackers and we need a lot of Hemlock.

As we get closer I call PTG and say DO NOT MOVE BUT SEND OUT GHOST PUP.

FROST LAND HERE AND SHAPE WITH SNOW AS A SNOW MOUND,,,

I crawl to the opening and try and find Ghost Pup,, he marks the snow with his paw good boy now take this to PTG and have you all back out slowly .

I whisper in my Amulet PTG Ghost is on his way back with The Hemlock it is a bundel mixed with other hebs to smell like it belongs there and will cover your scent.

As you all back out rub the branch mixture around make it smell natural we are waiting to take you back 

Now HURRY BUT GO SLOW

MrsFletcher

12/16/19

"Brulee and Jewell...Please return to Captain Randy while Snow and I go to the Northern Lands.....Yes, yes I am well aware of the dangers that can be found there dear Faithful Companions...pensive...but Snow and I just might be able to assist Captain Randy & PTG in their quest to find these dangers that lie ahead....flushed....

MrsFletcher

12/16/19

"What a "Wonderful Idea" Angel!!!  innocent  Hint to Captain Randy....She'd make a Mighty Find Warrior Sir and we need Her!!!

PTG (anotherPTG)

12/16/19

I hear very clearly what my Cap’n is telling me to do.

“But” I exclaim, “what about the moles? I have just lost their scent!”

“You blithering nincompoop! Do you not listen to anything I tell you!

“They have all returned safe and sound having done excellently in the tasks I gave them to do

“The only persons in danger are YOU and your two canine guides!

“Use your broom!

“Ghost pup is OK, but can’t save you so skedaddle back home as fast as you can!”

Returning back the way I came I notice the strange gouges and grooves on the walls and ceilings of the tunnels.

Were they done by living creatures?

As instructed by the Cap’n I liberally smother my tracks with the hemlock I have been given.

It is foul smelling stuff and I do not think that either foe or FRIEND will ever come near me again!

This fact is soon brought home to me as the Tea Room door is shut and barred.

There is a notice pinned on the door to say that there is a Towel and soap on the doorstep for me to use in the moat

One of Charlies pets will give her a signal after sniffing me over to say if I am to be permitted back in.

Woe is me once more!

CHARLIE (charlieisr)

12/18/19

SNOOP AND INDIGO COME BACK TO THE BARN MAN DO THEY STINK.  GHOST PUP DOES NOT I GUESS THE SMELL MUST NOT STICK TO GHOSTS.  

OK YOU TWO BATH TIME.  AND I HEAD FOR THE STEAMING KETTLE ON THE WOOD STOVE.  I GRAB THE BIG WASH TUB FILL IT WITH WATER FROM THE PUMP.   THEN POUR IN THE HOT FROM THE KETTLE.  IN YOU GO I SAID TO THE TWO FOXES.  I GRAB A BAR OF SOAP THAT I USE FOR THEIR BATHS.  LATHER THEM,  BUY THE TIME I WAS FINISHED THE KETTLE WAS STEAMING AGAIN.  I GRAB A BUCKET FILL IT WITH COLD THE ADD ENOUGH OF THE STEAMING WATER TO WARM IT.  THEN RINSE THEM.  NOW THEY NO LONGER STINK TO HIGH HEAVENS.  

I GET SOME TOWEL FROM THE LOCKER AND DRY THEM.  THEY STILL HAVE A BIT OF A SMELL BUT IT IS NOT TOO BAD.  SOME TIME OUT IN THE FRESH AIR WILL GET RID OF THE REST.

DONE I DUMP OUT THE BATH WATER OUTSIDE AS FAR FROM THE BARN AS I CAN WITHOUT GETTING IT INTO THE FRESH WATER OF THE STREAM THAT RUNS THROUGH THE ENCLOSURE.

THAT DONE I OPEN MY AMULET TO ALL THE PETS.   SORRY THIS IS COMING LATE BUT I NEED AS MANY OF YOU THAT WANTS TO TO CHASE AND FETCH THE STOCKINGS AND TREES THAT SEEM TO BE FLYING ALL OVER THE REALM AGAIN THIS YEAR.   

SNOOP I WANT YOU TO TAKE A MESSAGE TO FINN, YOU KNOW WHERE THEY HAVE MOVED AND MADE THEIR NEW HOME.  HE ANSWERED YES,  I WROTE A NOTE AS SMALL AS I COULD AND TUCKED IN SNOOPS COLLAR. AND OFF HE WENT.

SOON HE WAS BACK,  I HAD A GOOD CHUCKLE, CLINGING TO HIS BACK WAS FINN AND THREE OF HIS MEN.

HE SCREWED UP HIS FACE AND GREW NOW THAT IS BETTER NO MORE HAVING TO SIT HIM ON MY SHOULDER.

I TOLD HIM THAT IF HIS PEOPLE UNRAVELED THE SOCKS, AND TREES AND MADE BALLS OF THEM THEY COULD KEEP AS MUCH OF THE YARN AS THEY THOUGHT THEY COULD USE TO MAKE CLOTHES OR WHATEVER OUT OF.  HE STARTED TO SAY NO,  YOU HAVE EARNED IT.  I KNOW YOU WILL BE NEEDING THINGS MADE FROM THE YARN,  BAGS TO CARRY THINGS IN, AND CLOTHES,  CHILDREN ALWAYS NEED CLOTHES.  I NEVER SEEMED TO BE ABLE TO KEEP MY OWN IN CLOTHES THAT FIT THEY GROW SO FAST. 

THE PETS WILL BRING THEM IN YOU CAN USE WHATEVER AREA YOU WANT TO DO YOUR WORK.  THEN THE PUPS CAN PUT THE FINISHED BALLS IN THE BIN WHERE I KEEP MY YARN.  IF YOU NEED HELP GETTING YOURS HOME JUST SAY THE WORD, I WILL CARRY IT FOR YOU.  MY BAG NEVER GETS FULL AS YOU MAY REMEMBER.  

THE PETS HAD STARTED BRING IN THE SOCKS, AND TREES.  SOME THE MORE INTER PRIZING BROUGHT IN SNOWMEN.  THEN IT DAWNED ON ME OF COURSE.  CAT TOYS. BUT FIRST THEY MUST BE UNDRESSED. 

FINN IF ANYTHING THEY ARE WEARING WOULD BE OF USE TO YOUR PEOPLE SET IT ASIDE.  WHEN THIS MADNESS COMES TO AN END AND IT ALWAYS HAS I WILL MAKE A BIG BUNDLE OF IT AND THE DECORATIONS FROM THE TREES MAY ALSO BE OF USE.  I SEE SOME SMALL BUTTONS AND RIBBONS.  YOU WOMEN MAY BE ABLE TO USE.  THE SCARVES AND HATS AND BUTTONS FROM THE SNOWMEN ALSO.  

WELL I WILL LEAVE YOU TO IT AND GET OUT OF YOUR WAY.

I WILL ASK MISS KATT AND OPAL TO FIX SOMETHING FOR YOU TO EAT AND DRINK.  YOU CAN HAVE IT HERE OR IN THE SMALL DINING ROOM IN THE TEA ROOM.  THERE IS A SMALL DOOR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE TEA ROOM DOOR SO YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO USE THE TUNNEL.

THEY SET UP SHOP IN THE STALL WHERE THEY HAD LIVED FOR A TIME.  AS I WAS LEAVING I SAY A LARGE GROUP OF ELVES COME IN THE DOOR.  GOOD, THE MORE THE BETTER, WITH SO MAY DAYS HAVING PASSED SINCE THE STUFF HAD STARTED FLYING THEY WOULD NEED THE HELP.   

I MADE SURE THERE WAS FOOD AND FRESH WATER FOR THE PETS GATHERING THE DARN FLYING THINGS.  THEN I NOTICED MORE STUFF FLYING ABOUT.  NOT JUST THE ORBS THAT FLY BY AND DISSAPPEAR OR THE GNOMES THAT WHEN THEY LAND GO OFF TO HOME I GUESS, THE ELVES FLY ON BY SO NO PROBLEM.  I DO HOPE WHOEVER HAS LOST THE PIGS FIND THEM AND GATHER THEM OR I WILL HAVE A LARGE PEN BUILT AND ROUND THEM UP.  HAM, BACON AND PORK CHOPS WILL BE ON THE MENU FOR SOME TIME TO COME.   JUST LIKE THE CHICKENS IN THE SPRING.  

THE PENGUINS, AND REINDEER SEEM TO BE LANDING AND HEADING NORTH TO THE ICE COUNTRY.  NOT SURE WHY OR HOW ALL THIS STUFF GETS TOSSED IN THE AIR AND FLIES AROUND FROM TIME TO TIME BUT SOME OF IT COMES IN HANDY,  NOT LOOKING A GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH.

I WAS THINKING OF ALL THIS AS I WALKED TO THE TEA ROOM.  I POKED ONLY MY HEAD IN THE BACK DOOR.  AND TOLD KATT AND OPAL THAT FINN AND MAYBY 20 OR MORE ELVES WERE IN THE BARN WORKING OF THE WINTER BOUNTY FALLING FROM THE SKY.  AND SHOULD I HAVE THE GNOMES MAKE A PIG PEN AND CATCH A FEW OF THE PIGS,  I AM SURE SOMEONE WILL DO THE HONORS OF TURNING THEM INTO TABLE READY MEAT FOR US.  WE NEED TO MAKE SURE THEY DO NOT GET INTO THE GARDENS.  IF YOU SAY NO I WILL HIRE SOMEONE OR SOMETHING TO CHASE THEM FROM THE AREA.  

I WILL NOT COME IN I MAY HAVE THE STINK ON ME THAT THE FOXES HAD ON THEM.  I WILL GO AROUND TO MY ROOM AND CLEAN UP THEN COME BACK.  COFFEE WOULD BE GOOD.  AND MAYBE SOMETHING TO TAKE TO FINN AND HIS TROOPS. 

I SHUT THE DOOR AND LEFT. 

CHARLIE (charlieisr)

12/19/19

CLEANED UP I RETURN TO THE KITCHEN THERE OPAL HANDS ME A CUP OF COFFEE, WITH HONEY,  JUST COOL ENOUGH TO DRINK.  I SET AT THE SMALL TABLE BY THE BACK DOOR AND DRINK MY COFFEE WHILE SHE AND KATT  TRY TO THINK OF A WAY TO FOR ME TO TAKE SOME ALE TO THE ELVES.   NOT TOO MUCH I SAID DON'T WANT THEM GOING HOME IN THEIR CUPS.  ALSO MAYBE SOME WATER.  

OPAL DO YOU STILL HAVE SOME OF THOSE GOURDS THE CHILDREN FOUND AND BROUGHT FOR DECORATION FOR THE PARTY.  IF YOU DO THEY SHOULD BE DRIED OUT INSIDE BY NOW.  CUT THE TOP OFF DUMP OUT THE SEEDS MAKE SURE NO FIBERS ARE STILL IN IT.   POKE A VERY SMALL HOLE IN THE BOTTOM JUST BIG ENOUGH THAT IT DRIPS.  SEAL IT WITH SOMETHING THAT WILL KEEP IT FROM LEAKING BUT EASY ENOUGH FOR THE ELVES TO OPEN AND CLOSE.  DO THE SAME FOR THE WATER.  DON'T WANT TO TAKE PITCHERS TO THE BARN.  MIGHT GET SPILLED OR ONE OF THEM COULD SLIP AND FALL INTO THEM.   

THEY WILL BE EATING WITH US TONIGHT.  THE SMALL DINING ROOM.  THE GNOME BUILDERS MAY ALSO STAY FOR A MEAL AND DRINK.

OPAL HANDS ME A BASKET WITH SOME COOKIES, BITS OF CHEESE AND THE GOURDS.  HOW CLEAVER CORKS IN THE TOP. AND A TINY , LOOKS TO BE THE SMALLEST SCREW I HAVE EVER SEEN.  OPAL SAID IT JUST BARELY REACHED THE INSIDE.  SO ALL THEY HAVE TO DO IS UNSCREW IT A LITTLE AND THE LIQUID WILL FOLLOW THE SCREW GROOVE OUT.  SO TELL THEM NOT TO TAKE IT ALL THE WAY OUT OR TOO MUCH MAY COME OUT AT ONCE.

I CHUCKLED,  OPAL YOU ARE A WONDER.  I WOULD NEVER HAVE COME UP WITH A WAY TO DO THAT.  

BEFORE LEAVING THE KITCHEN I USED MY AMULET TO CALL TO DINKY, SMIDGE.  WE NEED THE BUILDERS AGAIN CALL THEM AND TELL THEM WE NEED A LARGE FENCED PIG PEN BUILT.  ALSO TROUGHS FOR FEED AND WATER FOR THEM.  IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE LOOKING FOR WORK AND WILLING TO CARE FOR A LARGE HERD OF PIGS HAVE THEM REPORT TO YOU.  YOU KNOW WHAT I EXPECT.  FEED AND WATER AND KEEP THE PEN CLEAN.  WE HAVE LOTS OF STRAW SINCE THE FARMERS HARVESTED.   SHOW THEM WHERE TO DUMP THE POO WHEN THEY CLEAN THE PEN.  AT LEAST EVERY TWO DAYS.  PIGS DO NOT LIKE BEING DIRTY.  ALSO THEY WILL NEED A WALLOW BUILT.  SEE IF THE STREAM THAT GOES TO CAP'S ENCLOSURE CAN BE DIVERTED JUST A LITTLE.  PUT A STOP GATE ON IT SO IT CAN BE OPENED AND CLOSED AS NEEDED.   LINE THE BOTTOM OF THE WALLOW WITH A THICK AT LEAST 4 INCHES OF HEAVY CLAY.   THAT WAY IT WILL HOLD THE WATER AND NOT DRY OUT TOO QUICKLY. 

SO GET TO IT.  WE NEED A PLACE TO PUT ALL THESE PIGS THAT KEEP DROPPING ON US.  WE NEED TO KEEP THEM OUT OF GARDENS AND CROPS.   

I ENTERED THE BARN AND TOOK THE THE BASKET TO THE STALL THE ELVES WERE USING.  SAT IT DOWN ON IT'S SIDE SO THEY COULD GO IN AND GET SNACKS.

SAT THE GOURDS DOWN SHOWED THEM WHICH WAS WHICH THERE WAS A WHITE ONE WITH WATER, AND A YELLOW ORANGE ONE WITH ALE.   TOLD THEM ABOUT THE SCREW CLOSURES. AND TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO UNSCREW THEM COMPLETELY.  OR THEY WOULD LOSE THE CONTENTS. 

THEN WENT LOOKING FOR DINKY AND SMIDGE.