Gaeia (Gurglet)

Poet Echo

Hosted by Gaeia (Gurglet)

As every mother on this planet, I am deeply concerned about the preservation of wise thoughts and wildlife in nature.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The respite of an anecdote   Member's Wise thoughts

Started May-9 by Gaeia (Gurglet); 253 views.
Gaeia (Gurglet)

May-9

HOMER PLAYS MACBETH 

Now that I've heard the rest of the yarn, which I've cut in two phases because it was quite long but very interesting… my opinion on criticizing or getting a critic to cipher what's the background of a poem or a story script could be very sensitive, because we can never identify what state of mind the writer is into. Agreeably written words are not enough to reveal deep or dark feelings. We can only guess, the mystery, the suspense, the spontaneity is felt sometimes but most part could be made-up, just as when Shakespeare wrote Macbeth, or Hamlet - which are fictional stories; maybe bases on current situations and living viewpoint!. Hamlet cried over Polonius - did he not?

Michael Lista on Canadian Poetry, the Saudi Arms Deal, MacBeth and Men Crying

Nigel Beale Published on Nov 5, 2018
https://youtu.be/h0NVTqtPo0A

Michael at his home in Toronto to talk about his essays - Strike Anywhere (Porcupine's Quill, 2016) Canadian Poetry, Rupi Kaur, Al Purdy and Wordsworth, common speech and common sense, Carmine Starnino and The Lover's Quarrel, John Metcalf, Leonard Cohen and schmaltz, John Thompson, Dante, Scott Griffin, the Saudi arms deal, Margaret Atwood, MacBeth, long-form investigative journalism, crime reporting, self-interest, radical truth-telling and men crying.

Published on Nov 5, 2018

In reply toRe: msg 1
Gaeia (Gurglet)

May-10

Homer says Macbeth's famous monologue

Leonardo Afonso
https://youtu.be/rvIHrd1ouX0
Published on Apr 10, 2012

smile

Eliot (Elohimil)

May-10

Way too many topics in one session! grinning

However I like the short synopsis of Macbeth's philosophy, this part is it so au-courrant of the current 'Globalist Wars' on every western country we knew as peaceful and cultivated with Art and historical knowledge.

japanese_goblin

Ella (Steellar)

May-10

Gaeia (Gurglet) said:

my opinion on criticizing or getting a critic to cipher what's the background of a poem or a story script could be very sensitive, because we can never identify what state of mind the writer is into.

You have to become a Cryptologist!

sweat_smile

Ella (Steellar)

May-10

"Way too many topics in one session! "

LISTA have a lot of things on his list to do and say, he is ripe for another book! wink

In reply toRe: msg 1
Ella (Steellar)

May-10

Why should you read "Macbeth"? - Brendan Pelsue

There’s a play so powerful that an old superstition says its name should never be uttered in a theater. A play that begins with witchcraft and ends with a bloody, severed head. A play filled with riddles, prophecies, nightmare visions, and lots of brutal murder. But is it really all that good? Brendan Pelsue explains why you should read (or revisit) "Macbeth." Lesson by Brendan Pelsue, directed by Silvia Prietov.

TED-Ed Published on 2 Nov 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD5goS69LT4

thumbsup

Eliot (Elohimil)

May-11

Well that's certainly great to hear! relaxed

Eliot (Elohimil)

May-11

There’s a play so powerful that an old superstition says its name should never be uttered in a theater.

The cartoon animation is pretty well done! If this won't get youth to understand Macbeth all, nothing will! sweat_smile

Fella13

May-12

Homer!!!!!

A Shakespearian???.

BTW the synchro is pretty well off?!?!

Golfeser (irckman)

May-13

GREAT for Nigel Beale he is a great communicator!~! I was listening to this in my garage while I was fixing my garden tools.

wink

Michael Lista uses too many 'F' words in his vocabulary and this came just handy while I was doing my best to manage my tools with more 'F' words by yours truly!

Since he likes to write about criminal stories, he should start one about Hillary Clinton criminal frauds, corruption, murder, aka KILLARY the most psychopathic woman in the U.S! 

She could beat Macbeth and Hamlet's play to make Shakespeare blush even in his grave!

grinning