Motorcycle Views Forum

Hosted by PoppyMoto (Walter_Kern)|motorcycleviews.com

The Motorcycle Views Forum is a gathering place for motorcyclists riding all brands of motorcycles. Our knowledgeable and experienced members are always ready to assist newcomers to learn more about motorcycles. This forum is part of the Motorcycle Views Web site run by Walter Kern.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

20 years   General Discussion

Started Jun-5 by Z1000Dan; 237 views.
Z1000Dan

Jun-5

I believe some of us have have been in one of Walt's Forum's for 20 years where has the time gone?  It seems our social media choices have changed and most of these old forums have went the way of the dinosaurs. The Face Book  group (BuRP) only gets posted in a couple times a year also it's sad so many friendships had been made over the years.

This year is BuRP 19 the group has become very small that still meet in Maggie Valley N.C. from years of over 50 to 5 or 6 the last few years. It would be great to have a 20 year reunion with a large group again. 

Even if you don't ride anymore it would still be fun to get together for a day or two.  Hoping the world is back open by then.

Open to any thoughts of how to gather up the old group.

Dan and Alicia Laris 

JOHNNIEG2756

Jun-7

Met lots of folks in Sturgis that was in the forum and also on the Vinnie Memorial ride to St. Cloud, MN.  I’ll be taking a ride next week wearing my Vinnie t-shirt.  RIP Vinnie.  That was lots of years back.  Will have to look at the t-shirt to see.

keep riding and stay safe

Z1000Dan

Jun-7

We have lost a few over the years. It was a sad day when we found out about Vinnie. I remember my wife finding his obit when he went missing from the Forum.
Have safe travels  

JOHNNIEG2756

Jun-7

It was a sad day.  He always took off a week from work for a bike trip.  I guess you are both riding yet?  I’m going on to 76 and hope for some more years but each day is a blessing.  I spent many hours on the forum and miss the people.  Have a great day.

Z1000Dan

Jun-7

We are still riding. We got into Walt's Forum when Alicia decided to learn to ride for her 40th birthday. She now has a Can Am Spyder but she likes to ride on the back more now days and I'm on a HD Road Glide. 
Miss the evenings of chat with the regulars.

mtlcowgirl1

Jun-7

Hi guys.  Great to see back on board.  Alas, I don't ride anymore (even if only pillion), but I look forward to your reports on the BRP.

mtlcowgirl1

Jun-7

RIP Vinnie indeed. I'm sure he is looking down on us fondly.

mtlcowgirl1

Jun-7

Bless Alicia for unearthing the facts.

mtlcowgirl1

Jun-7

I'm still here.  Great to see the old gang coming back.

mtlcowgirl1

Jun-7

I never got to ride my own, even though I took my safety course.  I was in heaven riding two up with Mack, though.