Motorcycle Views Forum

Hosted by PoppyMoto (Walter_Kern)|motorcycleviews.com

The Motorcycle Views Forum is a gathering place for motorcyclists riding all brands of motorcycles. Our knowledgeable and experienced members are always ready to assist newcomers to learn more about motorcycles. This forum is part of the Motorcycle Views Web site run by Walter Kern.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

MotArtCycle Student Work (Beginning Art)   General Discussion

Started by andreaf15; 1901 views.
andreaf15

4/3/07

Caveats abound here...I don't have very good snapshots of these student artworks, and will try to post some more and better pics later. We are on spring break now so it will have to be next week. Chief and I had a discussion on the old forum about bringing my bike into the art room so the students could draw/paint it. I never could figure out how to get it into the buliding, but I did take my students outside and they used their imagination to interpret a part of the bike of their choice. Here are a couple examples; most went kind of abstract with colors and patterns. These are all beginning students w/o prior art experience ;-) Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
In reply toRe: msg 1
andreaf15

4/3/07

OK here are a few more... Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Talented!  Those would look great on any wall. How old are the student?
andreaf15

4/3/07

These are mostly 9th and 10th grade, so let's see like 15 year olds more or less.
CindiNC

4/3/07

Awesome job! Your students are very talented. Apparently the teacher is the bomb.

I am struck by all the strong, bright colors. Might there be a Miami influence?

Cindi
MVF# 200509
COWOAM #1
PS (With A Shrug)

Click for Mount Airy, North Carolina Forecast
Mount Airy,
North Carolina

2001 Honda 750
Shadow ACE
andreaf15

4/3/07

Probably! Actually, I gave them two options: one was somewhat realistic color, form, etc. and the other was to use color/pattern imaginatively, abstracting the shapes. Most of the ones I posted are the latter. They actually looked at a local Miami artist's work, Romero Britto, for inspiration on patterns. He uses real bright colors too.
Xarius3052

4/5/07

Wow either you are a great teacher or have some talented students or both. I couldn't draw to save my life. :)

Jeff

MVF#200538
Mild Hog #1

UncleJerry

4/5/07

Andrea,

Thanks for posting these.  I am impressed.  I have even picked out one that I think is my favorite.  It was a hard choice.  Of course after you post more,  I may change my mind.  Hmmm.  Could I pick more than one fav?  <BIG GRIN>

vita bona - life is good.

Jerry

MVF 200400
Check out these Delphi fora:
Leilehua  Carrie  Alicia
Not Delphi fora:  Xarius LoDown 
Walt's Blog & Website
Faux Delphi Sigs

64x64

andreaf15

4/5/07

Sure! I do plan to post more, after school is back in session and I can photograph more.