Motorcycle Views Forum

Hosted by PoppyMoto (Walter_Kern)|motorcycleviews.com

The Motorcycle Views Forum is a gathering place for motorcyclists riding all brands of motorcycles. Our knowledgeable and experienced members are always ready to assist newcomers to learn more about motorcycles. This forum is part of the Motorcycle Views Web site run by Walter Kern.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where is everybody?   General Discussion

Started Jun-1 by mtlcowgirl1; 1733 views.
UncleJerry

Sep-9

Karen,

I usually hit the Delphi land once a week anyway. That is when I come to the Library to put in my time. I volunteer two days two half days a week. That gives me a key. No paycheck but pretty well 24/7 access. And I have been known to use it. So I can just drop a note.

I have started texting my favorite local radio station on or about the first of the month. One day I heard them mention that they hadn't heard from me recently. So I stopped and told then I would text. They were happy.

My cell phone doesn.t post my name of caller ID just the town I Live. I call in on the air frequently for their contests. The lady co-host answers the phone. After we gives greetings, she asks "Is this Jerry?" Bret thinks she checked ID. The truth is she recognized my greeting, "Hello Cowgirl and Bret with only one "T" in an upbeat voice.

Jerry

mtlcowgirl1

Sep-10

It's always nice to hear from you, Jerry.  I appreciate it.  As for your radio station, it would appear you are radio royalty now :)  Keep up the good work.

UncleJerry

Sep-16

Karen, I stopped at the radio station while I was out this am. I walked out with two tickets for an upcoming concert. It is about an 150 mile drive but it will be good. Now if I could I might somebody to use the second ticket. Last year I got stood up but such is life. The librarian is playing today. She had planned a surprise birthday party for her hubby hubby this past weekend. Maybe they ran in to some snags. I am sure she will be here tomorrow.
mtlcowgirl1

Sep-17

Congrats on acing the tickets.  Let us know how the concert went.

ne243

Sep-29

Hey all, I used to check in more regularly but kinda dropped out. I did meet several members and John and Lil at the ride for Vinnie in 2006, I hope they are doing well. I put 45,000 on that Vulcan 1500 and bought a 2011 Harley Electra Glide new. The Harley has just under 80,000 miles on it now and has taken me from Quebec to Tucson, AZ and from North Carolina to British Columbia without a hitch.

I see John and Lil and Johnnie G still drop by, I was the guy from Nebraska at Vinnie's memorial ride in St Cloud. I'm sure the tree that was planted and Vinnie's children have grown up nicely. I remember Karen writing of her rides with Mack, Scott from Cedar Rapids, IA, and women from Hawaii, South Dakota and Australia.

I will try to check back in before another 10 years goes by, but cannot guarantee it. Take care, Dave 

In reply toRe: msg 20
mtlcowgirl1

Sep-30

Hi, Dave.  Thanks for dropping by.  It would be nice if we could get this place going again.

ne243

Sep-30

This was one of the first motorcycle forums I frequented, and I gleaned so much information from it. I am not on face book and use another forum that is much more active. I do miss the cordial people on this forum, so many others have threads that go for five or six posts politely and then someone has to tell everyone that they are wrong and the only opinion that matters is theirs.

By the way, I entertained the thought of flying out and buying Mack's BMW when he listed it for sale. That would have been a great trip and I know I would have enjoyed meeting you and Mack! I did find an 1150GS locally and rode it for three years as a second bike to Big Black. Nice bike, but I rotate my second bikes every two or three years. Just got rid of a 1200 SportsterR, and looking for another bike. This forum really sparked an interest in street bikes for me.

Take care, Dave

In reply toRe: msg 22
mtlcowgirl1

Sep-30

I presume you saw Mack's offer on craigslist.  We ended up selling her to a very nice young man from Albany NY.  I am delighted that you are rotating rides.  As for me, getting my motorcycle license was on my bucket list but, unfortunately, since Mack's passing, it never happened.  I had a wonderful five years riding two up with him on the "Queen Bee", however.  A Kawasaki Ninja 650 is my virtual ride, since I only have a 30" inseam.  I discovered that when we were window shopping at a motorcycle mall.  It has been said, as I am sure you know, that you will know your bike when you sit on it.  Only a fond memory now.  I have seen so many people who have no business on the bikes they are riding.  Their inseam does not compute with the ride.  Ergonomics are everything.  One must be one with the bike.  I took my safety course, so I know this. 

Keep well and don't be a stranger, Dave.  Okay?

In reply toRe: msg 20
UncleJerry

Sep-30

Dave,

Welcome back. This is uncle Jerry from Okieland. I rode a Harley FLTHPI. I missed the ride for Vinnie. I was in the middle of wheat harvest. My brother and I stopped and visited with John and Lil face to face. It was nice visiting with them. I talk with them a few times a year.
I will guess the lady from Hawaii was Lei, South Dakota probably is Val Australia may be Louise. Talk to more later.

Vita Bona - Life is good,

Jerry

UncleJerry

Sep-30

Karen,

What exactly what is wrong with a 30" inseam??? <asked in jest>, A dwarf is a little people who has a normal size body and short legs and arms. So I guess that I am a six foot dwarf. I tend to sit tall. When I had my heart attack a young lady was pushing me in a wheel chair. She left me and went to make an adjustment. When she turn and looked at me and said, "OMG, how tall are you? six foot eight? six foot ten?" She didn't believe me until I stood up.

As usual I waited until late to check the forum. I got busy about quitting time. Now I am sitting n the dark. OH well. No bit deal. See you later.

Jerry